Sub's super soil outdoors??

• Thread starter shavits
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shavits

What up farmers I hope all is well! I plan on using subs super soil outdoors using #25 smart pots(25 gallon) outdoors next season! How long will the nutes in subs super soil last before I need to refertilize the soil? Will the nutes last all seaon long without refertilizing the soil? I plan on cooking the soil all through April and transplanting my plants to the supersoil the first of May! I live in Southern California and my plants tend to start flowering late July to early August and early varieties finish up early October. Your helpful suggestions would be appreciated!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

That sounds like a killer plan. If I had a spot at all, I'd take great advantage of the great outdoors! The soil should be good to go for most of the bloom- I keep Age Old Organics on hand to supplement my super soil if I think the plants want it. Way to start planning NOW. Do your research and kick out some stellar meds for Cal patients!!!!! Peace

S

shavits

Thanks you guys are appreciate the comments! Ive been growing in soil for about 5 years and Ive tried alot of different things trying to learn what works and what doesn't! Now im ready to go with the SS and hope to take out all the guess work out from the equation and harvest sweet organic buds! I was going to supplement with some home made organic teas but that top dressing with more subs ss idea sound really good! Any other suggestions would be really cool, thanks again!

Dynamite

Dynamite

you see his vids on youtube ?

some badass stuff ,and Toke is cuteR then shit ..lol

search subcool420 is Subs handle there

the "grow in the mist" I think he called it ...cool stuff

lots of new vids

TGA does some cool stuff for all us folks out west

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

been wanting to give supersoil a run indoors but i never thought about outdoors thats a great idea. when i get a outdoor spot i'm gonna have to give this a shot.
VelvetElvis good info on SuperSoil and how you're using it and the NPK and top dressing information! i didnt know alot of that and all the good things you got to say about ss make me want to try it even more!

S

shavits

Word up Elvis thanks for the great info on this subject you have been very insightful! Good job with all your work man i hope you create something special! Everyone else as well I appreciate all the words! I have been reading about SS for a while and now i just want to grow consistent weed with out the hassle! I hope it works out well on my side i have some agent orange and querkle seeds and im thinking about adding some cali connection gear as well! Happy grow ops to all and anymore info is welcomed, thanks!

S

sharky

I use it indoors.Just put up a greenhouse this year and plan on using it next year.Think it will do great.

S

shavits

Nice glade to hear good news about those strains and I guess everyone has different experiences with different strains! Elvis you say to use more dolomite(sweet) lime in the SS for outdoor use cause of the rain! How much more lime to do suggest I use for a full batch of super soil for outdoor use? I usually use 1 - 1.5c of lime per 1.5 sqft of soil(FFOF). I subs recipe he uses 1 cup for the 8 bag batch of SS which to me seemed very little. What would you suggest?

S

shavits

Thanks for the tips and guidence with the VElvis I appreciate it much! If I have anymore questions about SS I will post them up here if you dont mind!

S

shavits

What up yall I hope all is well and that maybe I can get some feed back from you experienced super soil growers! I have decided to make some minor adjustments to the super soil recipe for my outdoor grow in 2011! Everything is pretty much the same except I will be adding a total of 2 cups dolomite lime, 2 cups azomite, and I will be using the full 50lb pure worm castings to insure enough nitrogen till hopefully mid flower! Also in his recipe he uses powered humic acid; where can I get this product and what brands are good? Please let me know what you guys think id really appreciate it, thanks!

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

What up yall I hope all is well and that maybe I can get some feed back from you experienced super soil growers! I have decided to make some minor adjustments to the super soil recipe for my outdoor grow in 2011! Everything is pretty much the same except I will be adding a total of 2 cups dolomite lime, 2 cups azomite, and I will be using the full 50lb pure worm castings to insure enough nitrogen till hopefully mid flower! Also in his recipe he uses powered humic acid; where can I get this product and what brands are good? Please let me know what you guys think id really appreciate it, thanks!
i use this humic concentrate for my soil, if i see ph fluctuations I'll use ancient earth (AN) to keep ph stable

Underthesun

Underthesun

Get a worm bin going now. You'll save a good amount of money and have better quality castings than you can buy. You could get 100 lbs by summer if started now and did it right. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm a big fan of compost teas, and believe you could get by with fractions of the amount of worm casting called for in that recipe by using teas. But....I also believe the more the better for worm castings. I also believe if using a steady tea regime, not nutrient tea just compost tea (weather regular compost or worm castings) you could get by with way less nutrients than called for. But I'm not an expert and don't claim to be, just like to grow for cheaper and not really convinced you need to use so much. Happy organic growing.

Underthesun

Underthesun

That's $128 for a 12 cuft mixture and doesn't include the soil. I'm sure you could grow the best herb around with it, but just seems like so much. Especially for an outdoor grow, indoors is probably a different story but I've never grown organic indoors so I can't say.

Last season I used a similar mix, but instead of buying bags of soil I made my own, plus added lots of kelp in the last two months (mid Aug- Oct.). But I used the amounts in this recipe spread out over 100 cuft, instead of 12. I picked up some garden soil from the landscape place (I just talked to them and asked for the best organic soil that won't burn) bought a yard of that, bought a half yard of compost, used my own compost and worm casting, added some perlite (the biggest chunks available), peat moss (will use coco this year, better for enviro and won't jack my ph as much) and mixed it up with some leftover dirt from my garden. Let it sit, like Sub Cool says to do and then planted my month old plants from 1 gallon pots into the mix, in raised beds. Gave them compost teas every other watering throughout their life in the beds (may-oct). The yeild and quality was great, and for way less. Maybe I'm missing out by not paying 3 or 4 times more, I don't think my quality could be 3-4 times better, maybe 10% better but that wasn't from using less nutes :)

I'm having fun learning about organics, composting, raising worms, digging holes...its one of the best things I've stumbled on in life. I can't wait to learn more and looking forward to next season and becoming a better gardener.

Note: the soil and compost I bought from the landscape place was whole sale. They dump it in your truck bed. You save per cuft quite a bit.

Edit: I did do some nutrient teas about every other week or three weeks. Not compost teas, but nutrient tea. Bit still, I was using a handful of nutes instead of pounds.

Last edited:
GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

That's $128 for a 12 cuft mixture and doesn't include the soil. I'm sure you could grow the best herb around with it, but just seems like so much. Especially for an outdoor grow, indoors is probably a different story but I've never grown organic indoors so I can't say.

Last season I used a similar mix, but instead of buying bags of soil I made my own, plus added lots of kelp in the last two months (mid Aug- Oct.). But I used the amounts in this recipe spread out over 100 cuft, instead of 12. I picked up some garden soil from the landscape place (I just talked to them and asked for the best organic soil that won't burn) bought a yard of that, bought a half yard of compost, used my own compost and worm casting, added some perlite (the biggest chunks available), peat moss (will use coco this year, better for enviro and won't jack my ph as much) and mixed it up with some leftover dirt from my garden. Let it sit, like Sub Cool says to do and then planted my month old plants from 1 gallon pots into the mix, in raised beds. Gave them compost teas every other watering throughout their life in the beds (may-oct). The yeild and quality was great, and for way less. Maybe I'm missing out by not paying 3 or 4 times more, I don't think my quality could be 3-4 times better, maybe 10% better but that wasn't from using less nutes :)

I'm having fun learning about organics, composting, raising worms, digging holes...its one of the best things I've stumbled on in life. I can't wait to learn more and looking forward to next season and becoming a better gardener.

Note: the soil and compost I bought from the landscape place was whole sale. They dump it in your truck bed. You save per cuft quite a bit.

Edit: I did do some nutrient teas about every other week or three weeks. Not compost teas, but nutrient tea. Bit still, I was using a handful of nutes instead of pounds.
Yup brother thats what i did, bought 2yds of nursery grade soil for $90, im mixing enough soil to fill 6 /100 gallon smart pots , so im mixing 1 1/2 yds nursery soil & the other 1 1/2 yds is supersoil ffof, roots organic , coco 24 bags of each, adding the other ingredients as well! I'll be mixing those together , water then let it activate til i need it ! I'll be popping 10 incredible bulk beans on Feb 2( bigbud x super skunk x green spirit ) yield outdoor is 800-1500 gr per plant

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Hell yeah. Wish I could plant in Feb!
According to the mayan calander feb 2 is the time to pop beans, of course im only lookin for 6 females but if i get more I'll put them indoors to see how they do

Latest posts

Top Bottom