Did Anyone Else Read This Root Aphid Article?

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
It starts out like this:

Aphids Vampirize Ant Larvae
January 13, 2015 | by Janet Fang
Wingless, root-dwelling aphids from the same species can come in two different shapes: round or flat.

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/helpful-aphids-sometimes-spawn-vampiric-parasites

Alotta cool info in a short article. For some time I was aware of the relationship between aphids and ants, but i was always under the assumption that this DID NOT include root aphids. Regular above ground aphids are very easy to deal with (atleast in my experiences) but root aphids are the DEVIL i tell you.
Also, ive seen a chart showing all the different stages of root aphid existence from egg to everything else (i think it had atleast 8 stages of life including a flying version) but i dont recall it having a "flat aphid" stage that mimics ants.
I took this as a cautionary tale do to the fact that i have alot of ants around in growing areas.

confu

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
No idea how Iv managed to not experience aphid yet in any of my gardens. If had darn near everything else. I sware iv had every type of mite there is lol. pM was easy as hell to deal with compared to any pest iv had.

firemanelaflare

firemanelaflare

No idea how Iv managed to not experience aphid yet in any of my gardens. If had darn near everything else. I sware iv had every type of mite there is lol. pM was easy as hell to deal with compared to any pest iv had.
Thank God bro it's hell

Latest posts

Top Bottom