Sun System® LEC™ 315 Light Emitting Ceramic Fixture

• Thread starter DAT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LEDSMOKE

LEDSMOKE

@We Solidarity
Tried the new phantom setup?
Thinking about buying 3 grobals and doing away with my 750 flex gavita. Any thoughts ?
I run scrog on plants 18 inches pre flip so I think the cmh can still penetrate but I know you have plenty of experience with them.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

So you guys are saying the newer PGZX terminal lamps are all being discontinued now in favor of the old E39 mogul versions? @Quantrill is that really what your suppliers are saying? Sounds odd to me.

Last edited:
Quantrill

Quantrill

I have not heard this from anyone other than We Solidarity, but it sounds PAR for the course with Philips.

I sent an email to Philips to get some confirmation, will report back when they answer.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

@We Solidarity
Tried the new phantom setup?
Thinking about buying 3 grobals and doing away with my 750 flex gavita. Any thoughts ?
I run scrog on plants 18 inches pre flip so I think the cmh can still penetrate but I know you have plenty of experience with them.

Haven't tried the new phantom setup yet although I'm on the fence about ordering their ballasts. Would love to be able to use one prior to ordering though. You will definitely be a lot happier with 3 315s than you were with the single 750!

keiksweat

keiksweat

I'm in the U.K.,the guy at my local hydro shop told me last year ,Phillips is pulling out of the agro ,hydro bulbs.there still gonna be around he said,but not with Phillips name on it.he reckons its to do with being linked to the illegal canna grow scene over here.i got the impression you'll still be able to get them across the pond!don't know if this is exact,but he's usually on the ball with his info. keiks..

pug1010

pug1010

Maybe they will base their North American sales through Canada and join Hortilux, who seem to have settled in … P. L. Light Systems. Would solve the whole illegal can grow problem.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I have not heard this from anyone other than We Solidarity, but it sounds PAR for the course with Philips.

I sent an email to Philips to get some confirmation, will report back when they answer.

So what I heard is old old news - our supplier apparently had stock of the old mastercolor (pre green-power relabeling) bulbs and was sort of stuck in 2013 with no way to re-order from philips. Bulbs will still be available philips is just limiting their distribution so they aren't so directly involved with cannabis companies. It will make getting bulbs pretty difficult for any lighting manufacturer directly involved with the industry.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

We all know philips is the lighting powerhouse but im getting kind of tired of their bashing and washing their hands of cannabis all the time,first DE and now 315?I dont think ill be buying ANY of their products or supporting them if i can help it,what comes around goes around.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

We all know philips is the lighting powerhouse but im getting kind of tired of their bashing and washing their hands of cannabis all the time,first DE and now 315?I dont think ill be buying ANY of their products or supporting them if i can help it,what comes around goes around.

Only another year or two until LEDs are ready to takeover

Quantrill

Quantrill

Got an answer from Philips.
Thank you for choosing Philips Lighting.

Our Product Manager has reviewed your inquiry and has provided the following response:

Only #427724 ED37 has been delisted.

The 315w T9 and T12 are still active.

If you are in need of further assistance, please reply to this e-mail or contact our Philips Lighting Customer Care Team at 1-800-372-3331.

Sincerely,

Customer Care Associate
Philips Lighting North America

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

This is an old thread. Since 2014, LEDs have made quantum jumps in design and execution. Alas, many carpetbagger companies spew the same old pseudo-science (red and blue diodes are all you need) to steal your money, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater

Companies like Amare Technologies (CoB Hybrid), Transcend Lighting 30w hot5 leds, PLC (CoB only), and for the DIYers, see Growmau5 YT videos, use top of line components - everything from heat sinks (and the bonding adhesives), CoBs, optical lenses, PLUS power supplies combine to provide a long and fruitful life expectancy.

Growmau5's recent YT, he shows umole graphs of Sun Systems CMH v his CoB kit. That should open your eyes, and wallet

LEDSMOKE

LEDSMOKE

8 inch difference on his par readings vs cmh.

I can pick up cmh for $315 all day plug and play. They're not that different in price and I feel led time is soon but not yet.

Don't get me wrong I love led and have an area 51 but they're still an expensive alternative.

This isn't any good scientific evidence but closer to numbers I could assume to be more realistic.

Last edited:
Herb Forester

Herb Forester

8 inch difference on his par readings vs cmh.

I can pick up cmh for $315 all day plug and play. They're not that different in price and I feel led time is soon but not yet.

Don't get me wrong I love led and have an area 51 but they're still an expensive alternative.

This isn't any good scientific evidence but closer to numbers I could assume to be more realistic.
At what distance did you take that reading? I'm assuming it was centered under the reflector? Lamp painted or not?

Toaster79

Toaster79

The bulb meant for vertical aplications is mounted horizontally and on top of it it's off centre (out of reflectors focal point). That's a serious light distribution issue if you ask me.

I

IVY

Still stuck in 2012 huh? Welthink makes great ballasts, their first ones had issues but I haven't had problems in a long time with welthink. Sunplix is a different manufacturer, Im about to be playing around with over 1,000 of them, hoping I can take advantage of their wireless programming and control them with something a little more sophisticated than a tv remote.

how is the experience with Sunplix ballast?

C

CbdHealth

Just called Phillips, the 3100k pronged base, is the model that is discontinued, the replacement is the 4200k that is currently available and remains available...

I was contemplating getting a Phantom CMH setup but the 3100k is what interested me
do you guys think the 4200k will still be alright for flowing, or growing straight threw

Top Bottom