Sunset Sherbet Help

• Thread starter Danky Dan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Danky Dan

Does anybody have advice on growing This (Sunset Sherbet) Strain outdoors in black 30 gallon Geo pots. This is my first outdoor grow of this strain in Northern California. I am in the North Bay Area. I am using a ratio of 2 Mendocino mix to one bag of Tuper. Both soilless mixes. Planted from clones in approximately 1 week in the pots so far. Any sound advice is always welcome.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Do a search on @Bulldog11's posts, he's grown it out a few times. He was banned, so you may have to do the search through Google to find them.

Smerb

Smerb

I have this indoor SS.
IMG 20160703 194542
The first pic is stout,this second one is tall and taking longer.
IMG 20160703 194800
I'll post the details of the strain right after this. I have to find the info. Stoner be back

Sinner D

Sinner D

I was given a clone of this by an old friend. He gave it to me back on 5/27. I transplanted it from a solo cup into Roots Organic soil, 5 gallon pot, two days later. Since then she's grown from about 6 inches tall to almost 20 inches to date. Deep green leaves. She came with a very purple stalk, but since had greened up a bit. Sunset Sherbet seems to be a bit challenging to get to a big size, but with a parent being GSC (a strain reputed not for the novice) I'm not surprised. It looks a lot like the first plant Smerb posted above. Good natural spacing on the branches from node to node. It also looks like it can pack on the bud! I'm excited to get this strain to a good 3 1/2 to 4 feet tall before flowering her.

Lovelylisa

Lovelylisa

It is a hard strain my friend had one, had her outside in the ground. Called me and ask me if I would come and get her to see if I could possible do something with her so I said sure. Got there and here is this twig with two brown and yellow leaves on it. I thought that it was beyond repair. She did have her in FF HAPPYFROG so I just scooped her up put her in a gallon pot, told her no promises.brought her home ph some water between 5.8-6.2. Added some G.H.maxi grow. Put her back under the lights last Monday took her outside half shade half sun Saturday full sun she is still looking good she is about 8,9 in tall and doing good. We will see what happena.

A

AYFOFYA

Does anybody have advice on growing This (Sunset Sherbet) Strain outdoors in black 30 gallon Geo pots. This is my first outdoor grow of this strain in Northern California. I am in the North Bay Area. I am using a ratio of 2 Mendocino mix to one bag of Tuper. Both soilless mixes. Planted from clones in approximately 1 week in the pots so far. Any sound advice is always welcome.
I got one going in a "spring gardener" tent in a 20 gal. plastic pot and its the widest one, had to lollipop and tie it up a bit just to make room to enter and water....didn' expect this from a Berner cut as I have grown GSC, and Sherbet before and had indoor looking plants, I topped it a few times and pom-pommed it, thinned it and went hard on the rhino skin in prep for the weight. I really didn't like running out of my SS last year so even though Berner has moved on to invent Gelato and more, I still chose to get the sherbet, as my designer cut this year, and I'd love to try pink panties {originally called pu$$y kush} by itself without the cookie crossed in but cant find it, maybe next year.....hows yours coming along?

Smerb

Smerb

Still poofin white hairs. The smaller 2 will finish asap . Others will just see. I'll snap a pic when the lights fire.

Smerb

Smerb

IMG 20160801 181316
I'd say done. Any opinions fine with me,please....
IMG 20160801 181346
IMG 20160801 181438
Two other giants that will take time. No pics, sorry. They will either bulk up or stay skinny n tall. Pics later on them Two.
IMG 20160801 181249
IMG 20160801 181334
I will be waiting on the tastes from these SS's, cure will bring it out for sure.

Sinner D

Sinner D

It looks like it packed some weight! The guy I got my SS cut from told me that it's more of a bright green than those that take after the GSC mother and/or father. Yours looks like a brighter green too.

Smerb

Smerb

It looks like it packed some weight! The guy I got my SS cut from told me that it's more of a bright green than those that take after the GSC mother and/or father. Yours looks like a brighter green too.
Check out August photo of the month. The SS is up there two times . Mine looks completely different from the other. Hit me back

Sinner D

Sinner D

Funk yeah. Yours does look different. That other pic totally takes after GSC. It's my understanding that the flip side of the SS phenotype has brighter green flowers with more of a pinkish hair to them. I won't know until I flower mine. She's just looking so good in growth that I wanted to get her a real nice size before putting her in the bloom room. I'll post a picture of her in a while. Gotta go do my garden rounds, but I'll be keeping my eye on the photo of the month to see what else pops up.

Sinner D

Sinner D

Well. After all that, I'm sorry to say that my Sunset Sherbet was never picture worthy. The guy that gave me the strain in clone form was never straight with me about it's tendency to hermie if she got stressed. I usually NEVER have this issue, but my SS 'mother' was over 50 days into flowering and her clones @ 21 days flower had shot out some naners! I chose to get rid of the whole line of clones I had and watch the mother like a hawk until she finished. So, in the end, I got a few ounces from the mother. All her offspring (2 solo cup clones, 1 teenager in veg, and the 2 hermie'd daughters 21 days into flower) got yanked! She finished stable, but with no bud larger than a $.50 piece. All rock hard nugs that were easy to trim. It's very nice, smooth stuff. Not the strongest, but a delight to smoke.

Smerb

Smerb

Well. After all that, I'm sorry to say that my Sunset Sherbet was never picture worthy. The guy that gave me the strain in clone form was never straight with me about it's tendency to hermie if she got stressed. I usually NEVER have this issue, but my SS 'mother' was over 50 days into flowering and her clones @ 21 days flower had shot out some naners! I chose to get rid of the whole line of clones I had and watch the mother like a hawk until she finished. So, in the end, I got a few ounces from the mother. All her offspring (2 solo cup clones, 1 teenager in veg, and the 2 hermie'd daughters 21 days into flower) got yanked! She finished stable, but with no bud larger than a $.50 piece. All rock hard nugs that were easy to trim. It's very nice, smooth stuff. Not the strongest, but a delight to smoke.
Yeah man that cut is crap at the moment. I haven't grown since. I am about to go again. No sherbet. I can say someone out there has it bomb. I guess.

Top Bottom