Red New Growth, Fading Green

• Thread starter BudBogart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudBogart

BudBogart

Outside, transplanted two weeks ago. A few plants have red new growth and older leaves are fading to lighter green. I just took a soil sample in, my guess is phosphorous deficiency but won't have results for a week.
Please take a look and let me know what might be going on. Plants are nine weeks old.
Red new growth fading green
Red new growth fading green 2
Red new growth fading green 3

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
BudBogart

BudBogart

It looks like rot on the leaves... i have had clones do this when left in a dome too long.
I don't think it's rot. It's fresh reddish color emerging on new leaves. Sorry the pics aren't as clear as I would like. And thanks for looking.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I don't think it's rot. It's fresh reddish color emerging on new leaves. Sorry the pics aren't as clear as I would like. And thanks for looking.
Scope em 100x to make sure it's not russet mites.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Looks like they got kinda cold to me. Is this a purple strain by any chance?

Also, not super happy with pH parameters, I'd play with adjusting up and down, see how the plant responds.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Looks like they got kinda cold to me. Is this a purple strain by any chance?

Also, not super happy with pH parameters, I'd play with adjusting up and down, see how the plant responds.

Ty, sea maiden. Blue dream and loud dream. I have a soil sample being tested for ph, npk, etc. I should know in under a week.
Trying to learn...is your ph concern because the new growth appears skinny and different, or because of the color fade on the larger leaves? I do hope the red new growth is from the cold. I am finding nothing about new red leaves in searching nute deficiencies! Again, thanks!

hermit186

hermit186

Have you grown on this spot before in a way it looks like one of my big screw ups. It looks like 2 or 3 trace elements missing. Its possible that the media you had it in and the ground dirt are having a nutrient lock situation. I had dirt that I grew tomatoes and then potatoes then when mentally out to lunch I used the dirt in a soil mix and added the wrong things to the soil everything it didn't use up and none of what was gone.
Be very sure it's not mites.
I seen this red centers before but was right after merical grow soil started to add the delayed fertilizer.
I never figured it out I freeked and made clones to save strain and they grew fine.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Have you grown on this spot before in a way it looks like one of my big screw ups. It looks like 2 or 3 trace elements missing. Its possible that the media you had it in and the ground dirt are having a nutrient lock situation. I had dirt that I grew tomatoes and then potatoes then when mentally out to lunch I used the dirt in a soil mix and added the wrong things to the soil everything it didn't use up and none of what was gone.
Be very sure it's not mites.
I seen this red centers before but was right after merical grow soil started to add the delayed fertilizer.
I never figured it out I freeked and made clones to save strain and they grew fine.
Thanks, Hermit. They are new holes that were way to hot to use last year.
I guess my best course of action is to keep an eye on them while waiting for the soil report. Maidens suggestion about red leaves from cold fits with recent weather.
In the meanwhile, at your suggestion about trace elements, I gave them a foliage application of micro-nutrients. Thanks for your help.

hermit186

hermit186

Maiden is usually right and has actually help me several times. I suggest because one never knows what resources but I have 5 plastic drums cut to fit my outside plants and on the cold nights makes it most livable. If my idea is right The foliar spray will be your saving move I believe you had a transplant root ball and your outside soil conflict.
The foliar spray will get you thru. Weed is a weed and will adapt and yours are young enough to fight thru it.
As you move thru your life zone karma will find your cold covers for you mine have saved 27 degrees just be careful to not cook them by leaving on is sun light done that to. I got the white plastic drums after the black ones and have not had that problem again dumb the difference color can make.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ty, sea maiden. Blue dream and loud dream. I have a soil sample being tested for ph, npk, etc. I should know in under a week.
Trying to learn...is your ph concern because the new growth appears skinny and different, or because of the color fade on the larger leaves? I do hope the red new growth is from the cold. I am finding nothing about new red leaves in searching nute deficiencies! Again, thanks!
Actually, it's due to the crepiness of the leaves, that bumpy texture. They'll do that, and do a bit of a half-twist to the leaves as well sometimes, either with or without the crepiness.

Saro1

Saro1

You ever figure this out? I have blue dream indoor doing the exact same thing

K

KINGCODE

Mine turned out to be just cold, or at least it outgrew the problem right away.
Best news is. . . No matter the causation of the new growth being discolored, whether your situation of too low of temperatures, or mine of being over watered, both seemed to outgrew the problem rather quickly.

Top Bottom