MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Spent the day getting medical help for one of my pets. It had kidney failure and will be in intensive care over night while having tests done. It`s costing a lot to be a responsible pet owner, But the costs are a fraction of what it would be if it were a human being cared for. Makes me wonder why hospitals and testing costs so much for human when it is the same care.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
My pet is still in the hospital until tomorrow with weak kidneys. She is better but it remains to be seen if she will do ok once at home. I contacted the county and they have not received any of the paperwork on the survey that is needed to assign an address for permits. I then contacted the surveyor. His son answered, He`s in the hospital for the 8th time in a year. Seems he blew up his hand reloading ammo. Luck has it he is right handed and it was his left hand. I went and got a load of water today and will be going to do laundry and stock up on fuel for the generator. It`s been raining off and on so can`t do much outside anyway. I think I`ll plan on staying where I am for now at the edge of the property and possibly on the easement until next year. If I can get permits I`ll do what work I can from here until it`s set up enough to live on. Doesn`t look like I`d be on my property better anytime soon anyway. Hell I might have to start over and pay someone else to re-do the survey !

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
1936156 1070744839672072 4264205423848274178 n

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Almost got the pine needles all picked up. Planted onions and garlics. Waiting for the soil in the clones to dry a little and will re-pot them all in 5 gal containers for now. The greenhouses are going to be worked on right after that. Reading of the will and my Mom`s memorial coming up in a few days.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Went to the reading of the will followed by my Mom`s memorial service. It was nice to see so much family again. Last time was my Dad`s service. I also got to pick up a lot of my parents personal property and a couple pounds of old gold coins and a stack of real money printed by the treasury and backed by gold and silver. I have know idea what the gold coins or paper money is worth but it was said to be a big chunk. Enough to buy a very nice house. Not what I plan on doing though. Not really sure what to do with it. Still have the properties to be sold and that is going to be the biggest chunk of cash when it gets dispersed. They also have an old 58 Dodge truck my dad restored, and 5th wheel with three slide outs and most of my Dads tools If I want any of them. I picked up my Dad`s S&W 357 Highway Patrol revolver. It needs a good cleaning. I also got some of my Grandpa`s stuff and My Great Grandpa`s Anti Horse Thief Ass. Badge. I`m not sure who`s old shave kit I got but it`s from the late 1700`s. When I got home the RV was full of big black ants everywhere. Been killing them for a few hours now and there still everywhere! When I was a kid we called them Ball Biters. How do you get rid of these things using organics ? Don`t want to spray any poisons on them!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I have some DE somewhere. I`ll spread some around the outside of the RV so they can`t keep coming in. Didn`t even think of that!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Dam the 10 Phantom clones are doing good , as are the Larry OG. The God`s gift were not cloned right. Just cuttings pushed into soil in small cups. They do have a small amount of root but the stems have grey mold near the soil line and two have died altogether. I think I can work with them but I shouldn`t have to. The guy I got them from doesn`t know what he is doing or just didn`t care. I might just try to replace them all. I`ve al ready given the some b-1 and thinking of using some willow water next to promote root growth. I`ve sprayed the stems and foliage with peroxided to cut down the mold and soon as they can be placed in full sun that should also help along with the coming heat . If I can get some to pull through I could top them and clone the tops for my extra plants but I`m also going to look into replacements, if I get extra plants so much the better. Need to make a trip to town and buy some store bought soil for the transplanting into 5 gal. containers so I can get back to working the soil and taking down the end and sides of plastic on the greenhouses soon. I need to stop going to town and spending money as I really need some work done just as bad as anything. I just hate taking off to town all the time!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Trip to town is out of the way. Picked up 30 bags of chicken manure and 20 bags of soil to use re-potting the clones. That`s next. Two God`s gift died and three more are sick. I picked up 4 GDP today for replacements. Going to work some on transplanting the clones into 5 gal pots tonight and in the morning. Oh that one volunteer from the greenhouse is female .

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Got em all transplanted . The 4 GDP have mites and are being kept separate for now. With any luck I can kill off all the mites as they hatch with neem oil. They didn`t seem to have very many eggs on them as I caught it before they were badly infested. Not going to use anything non organic so If they can`t be cleaned up I`ll just mulch them and work with what I got. I can always clone off the other plants for my 30 as they are all sexed out anyway. There`s plenty of time to work with these genetics this early. I`ll be pulling the plastic on the ends and rolling the sides up on the green houses for the next few days so it`s cooler inside to work on the soil. Them back to work on the camp and then the office trailer. Won`t be long and I`ll be doing runs for water all day trying to keep my ladies hydrated. Might work on cleaning and deepening the spring a little also. Even on a good water year it goes low around the first week of September and I`ll need a good size pool to draw from. Going to keep my eye out for a good location for a few smart pots down by the spring. I can always water them daily as I draw water. I have six new 300 gal smart pots I`ve never used in storage. May do the GDP down there to keep them separated just incase. I`m wanting to make a trip to town soon to check out the value of the gold coins from my parents estate. Like to find a tractor and a dump truck to help put a culvert and pad in with. thinking medium size 4x4 with a loader and box end scraper so I can keep the road in shape. I want it to have a good reach to load the fill for road and pad work but small enough to use to pile and mix soil, compost and manure with later. I can rent one with a backhoe for putting in a septic, ditches , etc. but I`d really like to own one so I have it handy as the roads up here are always needing cleaned up.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Holly crap it turned hot today! It`s going to be hot through Saturday. I`ll be doing what ever work I can in the mornings and at night ! Dam here comes summer! Good thing I got a new generator that can handle the AC better. Yep old people can`t take the heat as well. In summer it stays light longer so I still get a lot done , even on hot days, except this one. My feet were burning from the nerve damage all day.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
My son came and went. He couldn`t find any pins making the corners. He found wooden stakes and one area that was in the creek was surrounded by a circle of tape on both sides of the creek and a wooden stake on one bank. I paid for pins to be put in, not wooden stakes that don`t last long! The paperwork has yet to be turned in the county ether. I think I`ll have to end up getting my property re- surveyed and try to get some of the losses back in court. 5k and a years wait all wasted. I`ll ask if they would come back up and put in t-posts and file the paperwork with the county. If not I`ll be looking for an attorney.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Thank you. I`m going to let it ride for now. He just blow up his left hand with a bunch of reloading caps so even though he`s taken way to long and hasn`t finished up the job it would look bad to attack him when he is down. It will also give him time to file the paper work so I have an address. If that in fact that ever happens. I will also ask that they come back up and put in the T-posts at the corners. If they can manage to do that much then I`ll let it slide. If not I will be making a complaint as well as trying to recoup any losses caused by the delays and incomplete job. I think I`m more than fair, reason is I`m a grower and he could also cause me problems.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Anyone but me seeing weird weather patterns these days? seams to be going into so many extremes. It just had a heat spell and we had thunder stores that dropped hail that caused a rapid cool down , then back to warmer weather, just not near as bad as the heat wave before the storms. Plants took it in stride though so all`s good. Just went from laying on top of the covers at night to snuggling up and back to laying uncovered most of the night before it got nippy later at night. None of this is normal for this time of year, but much better than the heat wave down south or any of the storms hitting the Midwest or East Coast. I was up early this morning and had to put on a light shirt/coat on because of the chill!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Cooling off a little here. Taking advantage of it by taking down the plastic on the ends of the greenhouses today. I`ll roll up the sides tonight and in the morning start working on the soil. Soon as the soil gets done it`s time to put up screen on the ends and sides then I can plant. I bought some time by putting the plants in 5 gal containers but need to put a rush on things before they can get root bound.

Top Bottom