Big Skunk

• Thread starter Sinner D
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do you find Skunk strains to be difficult to grow?

• Neither agree or disagree.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sinner D

Sinner D

THC Farmer Smoke Report
From a medicinal stand-point, Big Skunk is a solid daytime smoke! Great overall head/body buzz. Good relief to muscle aches. Not so good for anxiety, but not bad, just lowly beneficial in that aspect. This strain is also great for fun, creativity, and even work! I remain well focused even with a strong buzz.
Though Big Skunk was not the strongest I've grown, she is definitely a giver when treated right! Mothers veg'd 45-50 days gave me an easy QP in 5 gal. Light Warrior pots just under 60 days flowered. I'm sure a more experienced grower could really make Big Skunk a top harvester! SOG might even work well. I wouldn't clone her though. Big Skunk was prone to pests and root issues, as well as the clones just not growing with the same vigor as the mothers (seedlings).
INFO
Tester Name :Sinner D
Strain: Big Skunk (LaPlata Labs)
Method Smoked: Joint

APPEARANCE
*Image attached

SMELL

Dominant smell of bud : Floral, like Carnations
Associated smells of bud : Urine, skunk smell.

TASTE

Dominant flavour: Sweet, soft
Associated flavours: Earthy

Harsh/smoothness: 6 (1-10, 1 being extremely harsh and 10 being extremely smooth)
- cough factor?: Yes, some. Using the same scale as above, I give it a 7.

BUZZ

Profile: 50/50 Percentage of head to body (e.g. 80% head 20% body)
Potency: 6 (1-10, 1 being extremely weak and 10 being extremely potent)
Duration: 1.5-2 hrs. (approx length of buzz, from first hit)
Use: Daytime!
Munchies?: Yes

Big skunk
X.rm

X.rm

Im not sure that what you had was a 100% big skunk. The reason I say it is because SKUNKS tend to be either pure sativa or sativa dominant, the fact that you flowered in 60 days leads me to believe you either may have harvested a bit prematurely or she wasnt sativa dominant. The bud structure appears to be skunkish.. (the long thin spear bud formation) im not in any way doubting your skills just telling you what ive seen, heard and learned over the years is all. The pix look great and appear to have been manicured and cured properly. I had a big skunk korean that took 110 days to mature. It was above average yielder and yielded 6 zips indoors under 400w hps in rockwool.

Sinner D

Sinner D

No offense to your input at all! I understand what you're saying when it comes to skunk strains being more sativa dominant. I went by the breeders guidelines as to when the strain would be finished. I checked the buds out under a loupe to make sure the trichs were looking ready, and they were, but I tend to have to stick with 50-70 day finishers. As time goes on, I find it more rewarding to be able to treat my garden like the living ecosystem that it is, not just some commercial medicinal operation. Unfortunately, it's a fine line for me.

B

Burned Haze

I've tried a few "skunks" and skunk #1's but also stuff crossed with it ( mostly mid 90's to early 2000 )
* Best strain was Barney farms L.S.D. which is Mazar x Skunk#1 . I tried( 3) 10 packs and ran it for 5 years . The pheno's were ultra close in traits: size, resistance,harvest time, looks . They looked like clones so after 3 rounds i killed every other pheno but 1 just no reason to have so many obviously lol

^ Overall what the pheno's presented:
Smell overall:
skunk,earthy, roses, lemons
taste overall: earthy, rose tea , mint & cream
time: 60-65 days but extremely mould/pest resistant overall. good OD plant!
Harvest: Medium but quality was great

However if the mission is smell of "skunk" and being a true beast , I would def recommend BODHI Seed's Road kill unicorn (Purple Unicorn x Snow Lotus), I tried and ran this one from 2014-early 2016 both indoors and OD. Ran/tested 2 packs of 10 and only kept 1 pheno's after the 2nd round . bad news is I think it's out of stock but all the seed whores i'm sure have a pack maybe they can try ( maybe seed bank will restock it)

Top Bottom