Ace Malawi And Cycloptics Greenbeams: Caught In The Under Current!

• Thread starter timmur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
timmur

timmur

http://www.hydrofogger.com/inc/sdetail/152

MiniFogger002-D.jpg

ken dog

ken dog

Looks a little hungry for magnesium... I'd probably foliar spray.

The reason I say magnesium, is because some of the stems are purple, and I can see that it is a little bit lighter between the veins in some of the leaves.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

How well is the 18k AC holding up for your 12 fixtures and dehum? Is it summer where you are yet?

timmur

timmur

Looks a little hungry for magnesium... I'd probably foliar spray.

The reason I say magnesium, is because some of the stems are purple, and I can see that it is a little bit lighter between the veins in some of the leaves.
Hey ken thanks for the advice. I'm using Veg & Bloom (RO formulation) and thought I wouldn't need cal/mag. Should I just bump up the nutes or get some cal/mag or?

ken dog

ken dog

Hey ken thanks for the advice. I'm using Veg & Bloom (RO formulation) and thought I wouldn't need cal/mag. Should I just bump up the nutes or get some cal/mag or?
I would probably just foliar spray... With epsom salts...or Cal Mag if I didn't have just Epsom salts.

timmur

timmur

I picked up some Epsom salts and used as a foliar. We'll see how it does.

timmur

timmur

Sorry for the lack of updates. I had to take an unexpected business trip right when I was trying to get things dialed in. Before I left, I started to get a mag deficiency, but couldn't tell for sure if it was that or VPD issues. I was having trouble maintaining humidity with all of the lights on and I believe this contributed to the problem.

Since I came back from the trip I've been hitting the girls with foliar applications of mag and they are bouncing back. I didn't get a chance to get any new photos, but I'll get some posted tomorrow. They were drooping a lot too, but dissolved O2 was at 90 -115% saturation so they weren't starved for oxygen. Anybody have other ideas on what issues there were? Lower leaves were yellow and new growth was green and healthy except for the drooping. Nutes were @ 200- 250 ppm (700 scale) during most of the time with pH at 6.3 to 6.40 the whole time. Roots are white and healthy. Growth has been slow. Nodes are stacked very tight.

The biggest problem so far has been getting the VPD right. I had 3 foggers running and still not able to get 70% humidity! I had to dial back the light to get the humidity up. I think small plants just don't transpire enough to help contribute to the humidity in the room.

Final note. The girls are still in the mini DWC, but I plan on putting them into the UC this weekend (if they're progressing). The root mass is large enough to take off in the UC without a stall).

20160612 172132563 iOS
IMG 0468

DapperDon

DapperDon

You see this? This is why we cannot have that perfect fucking grow. I am so pissed now and I have no idea why.

timmur

timmur

Just getting ready to put the girls in the UC. Can somebody recommend an appropriate water level? I was thinking right at the bottom of the net pot.

timmur

timmur

Well I finally got them in the UC today. Still have some cleanup to do in the room, but they're finally in the big system.

There's a big difference in the size of the plants due to germination delays. I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. I've thought about taking clones of the 4 most vigorous plants and just grow out the clones that way the canopy will be even. What do you guys think?

IMG 0494

Latest posts

Top Bottom