There's Always At Least One Problem Child..

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

so I went to water my girls the other day and they all are thriving and looking pretty healthy.. all but one of course.. it seems like a deficiency of some sort or like light burn but I'm using t5s and they're like 3 or more inches away from the tops. and I doubt I'm having a def this early. they're only 20 days from seed. maybe a lock out from ph issues but I water all them with the same water.

but here's what's going on.. these pics are right before watering so I know the soil is kinda dry and the girls were thirsty so there's a little droop.

Theres always at least one problem child
Theres always at least one problem child 2
Theres always at least one problem child 3
Theres always at least one problem child 4

any ideas? also I have this one that's light getting zero vertical growth.. never really had that always have them stretch pretty good. this one also has a tiny spot same look as the others but only in that little corner

Theres always at least one problem child 5
Theres always at least one problem child 6
Theres always at least one problem child 7

MeJuana

MeJuana

I dunno I am not getting a feel for why it's happening. Are you growing organically or are you giving them nutrients? Have your tried rotating that plant to another position to see if a new plant exhibits these symptoms? I'm usually not at a total loss like this can you give more details or try some stuff and list findings?

bankcee

bankcee

I dunno I am not getting a feel for why it's happening. Are you growing organically or are you giving them nutrients? Have your tried rotating that plant to another position to see if a new plant exhibits these symptoms? I'm usually not at a total loss like this can you give more details or try some stuff and list findings?

100 percent organically. and just in a base soil.. peat ewc perlite and lime. haven't tried moving her to see if others show the same symptoms. what kind of details could temps be an issue doubt it. like a 12 degree differential from night to daytime. idk what else soil grown, organically. good co2 exchange.

MeJuana

MeJuana

I have worse damage on some of the plants in my veg it happens. If the problem keeps going check back

ken dog

ken dog

Mix up a quarter teaspoon Epsom salts in a gallon of RO water, and give her a spray... See if that helps.

I think it's a magnesium deficiency.

bankcee

bankcee

Mix up a quarter teaspoon Epsom salts in a gallon of RO water, and give her a spray... See if that helps.

I think it's a magnesium deficiency.

I was thinking it was a micro def but leaned more towards manganese just not positive sure. might let them tough it out til I transplant.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
but this early? I'll be transplanting all of them this friday evening. in some ammended soil so hopefully I won't see any defs continue if that is what it is.
Yeah, I hear you, it's early. Are you using anything to provide micros? A feed of kelp could be very helpful here.

ken dog

ken dog

I'm going to change my mind and go with potassium as well... It's because the leaf edges are brown, and there isn't enough yellowing in between the leaf veins for it to be magnesium.

bankcee

bankcee

Yeah, I hear you, it's early. Are you using anything to provide micros? A feed of kelp could be very helpful here.
nothing right now. just the base soil they're in. ewc is all they have right now. along with the cotelydons.

BuDGooDE

BuDGooDE

Hi @Seamaiden, sorry to jump in here, i know this is an old post. What has grabbed my attention is "Are you using anything to provide micros?" My girls are at the beginning of week 5 flower and i have been feeding Biobloom cal/mag and Molasses. My soil is non peat based General purpose compost with no wetting agents or slow release nutes. It is a mix of 75%soil 25% perlite. My question is it okay to add Kelp at this stage ? I am seeing some deficiencies mainly due to ph, but am thinking micros could also be a good idea.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, but go easy. Start low and work up, don't feed it too often (no more than 2x/week IMO)

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Again i really wouldn't worry about it to much
why compound the issue with everyones guess cause really that is what it is ....
Let the thing is establishing itself new soil new fungu , microbes are going to effect ph
its a common ph swing while the mycorrhiza is establishing it self never worry about what the lower leafs are doing look at what the new leafs are doing

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
but this early? I'll be transplanting all of them this friday evening. in some ammended soil so hopefully I won't see any defs continue if that is what it is.
I would suggest that before you start hitting them with a lot of liquid fixes you up pot into some fresh fertile soil give them roots some room to spread and make sure the soil has good amount of NPK. They look like they are ready to up pot. That should turn things around.

Top Bottom