Tangerine power and sinmint cookies are unstable

• Thread starter bongobongo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

okay the results are in for the clone run of tang power. my buddy ran it and i watched as he grew the clones out. nanners in the last week or so. Ours needs to go 65+ and starts male flowers at day 56 or so. there were unfinished seeds in the buds so the pollen is viable. this is the only strain to herm in a 8 light grow with 20+ per light and 8 other varietys next to them.

BUT...

it smells heavy of haze, citrus leaning to orange/tangerine on exhale or maybe a more dialed run. smoke is pure head hazey high. not paranoid, for me atleast but i love sativas during the day. i will run her and deal with the nanners for personal grows until i find a better haze/sativa. not really stretchy easy to tame haze/stativa. another pheno may be different and i have more seeds. definately going to look for a different pheno. i think its worth it.

no pics only my .02

my personal grows will be available for pics in the future.

happy growing to all.

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

okay the results are in for the clone run of tang power. my buddy ran it and i watched as he grew the clones out. nanners in the last week or so. Ours needs to go 65+ and starts male flowers at day 56 or so. there were unfinished seeds in the buds so the pollen is viable. this is the only strain to herm in a 8 light grow with 20+ per light and 8 other varietys next to them.

BUT...

it smells heavy of haze, citrus leaning to orange/tangerine on exhale or maybe a more dialed run. smoke is pure head hazey high. not paranoid, for me atleast but i love sativas during the day. i will run her and deal with the nanners for personal grows until i find a better haze/sativa. not really stretchy easy to tame haze/stativa. another pheno may be different and i have more seeds. definately going to look for a different pheno. i think its worth it.

no pics only my .02

my personal grows will be available for pics in the future.

happy growing to all.
I've ran TP several times now, but I did a selection based off of others opinion on the end product. I didn't have any seeds after I selected two phenos to run exclusively. During my first 2 runs with TP the seeds I did find I think came from a True Blueberry I had that was shooting nanners late in flower, but that TB was ultra dank. When I stopped running the TB and ran a room full of the two TP cuts I selected I didn't see a seed again. I think it's important to go through several girls in order to make a selection with any strain. That's really the key to finding the plant you want without hermie issues. I agree with your report for the most part, except there was no hazeyness in smell to my cuts they were straight up oranges/tangerines. They definitely were heavy sativa leaning and that's kinda why I retired them along with them going 10 weeks easily, but the feedback I got was outstanding. I definitely got them dialed in by run 3 and the bag appeal was second to none. I'm running Platinum Delights exclusively now and I would definitely recommend that strain. I ran the fem pack of TangerineP, but I opted for a reg pack of Platinum Delights. Pretty much every pheno I had was dank, some more so than others, but all were supper exotic and special. I selected one above all else and she is special in every way. The yield is great, finishes in about 6.5-7 weeks, leans heavily to the platinum og side, yet she has all the exoticness of gsc and bluepower underneath. When you smell her you think that's some tootie fruity kush. When you blow it you think I better sit my ass down somewhere...couchlock and relaxation is her specialty. I think Platinum Delights would do you right.

N

nightmarecreature

All I can say is do your research on the mother cuts. GSC and Tangerine Haze are both hermie prone when it comes to breeding. You picked the two worst strains to run seeds with.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Ya, should of been more careful selecting shit I wanted to produce with. Time passes and I found a dank night fire OG cut. Still won't run the tangerine power or SMC I got though, no way

P

Pimples

Just to let everyone know I'm now lookin at the 3rd hermie plant potentially (tangerine power female in veg showing pistils).

Here is the letter I wrote to them.

Ok, usually I wouldn't take the time. But since you threw a card in my bag at HTCC saying you would "stand by your product" and all that.

I've had nothing but issues with your seeds and after finding you guys and being excited about a new breeding company that seemed on the game..
I'm pretty upset.

Lets first, as I'm sure you know.. The problems that come with finding a hermie in week 2 of flower. Or in the tangerine powers case.. The first week...

Planting multiples.. Selecting the females and placing them in my weekly 8/week grow and then having to rip them out once they show balls. So as of now.. In 1 month i have 2
Missing spaces in my 72 plant flower room. Which are valued at 1,000 bucks apiece as I rarely go under 4 oz's a plant and charge a reasonable 10/gram to my patients... Which I tip on 100 active people at any givin time. Then taking clones and filling spaces in my grow with what appears to be dominant females as I flip them into flower. Then having to rip them up and replace them
With stable genetics.

So my time and trouble I hardly think your responsible for, but that is a elementary system for people adding new genetics to legal grows.

But the 90$\pack of these seeds I have to buy.. Is good money, yes I know nothing in comparison to what I can make off of the female
I keep, but I think two different strains and two different hermaphrodites is enough to be somewhat fed up. Especially as I sit here I have your: power nap, alien nightmare, white nightmare, more tangerine power "females", Las Vegas bubba kush, night fire og, sins og, jefe kush, blue power. I have nearly your whole lineup. Nearly a couple thousand in ten packs. And I'm honestly considering trashing everything and starting something I know isn't unstable as fuck.

So, basically.. Every sin mint cookies I've grown has hermed, and every tangerine power I've had is now on the "watch"
For herm.

I'd expect a little more from a group
Of breeders. And looking at your samples at the high times cup it's depressing to see your great stuff and know I'm most likely never going to see that again. I look like an amateur to my
Patients trying
To explain to someone what a hermaphroditic plant is, they look at me like I'm the problem. Hardly in the future will I even mention I have new strains coming up. Not worth the millions of questions and "when is it ready" I hear daily.

Anyway. I don't expect anything, but...grow
A 50 pack of those seeds you push to the public and see if you get
Some keepers. Maybe before throwing a price on them. As of now i will NOT be growing anymore of your product unless I have some Saving grace in the other 6 strains I got in my run with the sin city logo.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
Old post but cmon bro. If your a serious caregiver with demanding patients and 72 "spots"....anyone thats anyone and serious into caregiving medicine. ...you and everyone else needs to have a small tester/quarantine area...room...or tent with one small lamp or two thats seperate from the real rooms with the keepers. You run EVERYTHING in the tesr area first at least once. Clones...seeds...everything. Cmon. If you dont have room....make one. If your serious about this caregiver patient thing. Anyone in thier rite mind with common sense knows not to run anything untested in the main rooms. Sounds sketchy to me. Use yer brain. None of my patients get any buds that have seeds/male parts...pests or diseases. Why? Because anything i get gets ran in a small tester tent at least once...seed plant or clone. I keep a watchful eye on my test tent while my perpetual main big bloom and veg rooms keep chugging along....basically on autopilot. This is how you do it and do it rite.

Last edited:
P

Pimples

Without a seed testing /quarantine room or tent your giving up control of your whole operation to the seed breeders. Doh!!!!!

O

OBwanshinobi

Sorry old thread but I wanted to throw in that I have 2 solid tangerine powers at about 46 days flower, one huge sativa leaning slightly citrus wd40 smelling monster and one small indica blue power leaning sour orange tropical punch smelling dream boat.

There were 2 pre male flowers on the sativa leaner at about 1 week of flower but I plucked them off and I have not seen any thing else. The smaller indica leaner has been solid and the smell is out of this world good.

I also had a male that I flowered out and I seen no evidence of that plant herming. I think the tang pow is touchy and I'll run the other 22 seeds I have of tang pow plus the f2 I made.
Small orange punch pheno
20180329 215051
Back top

big sativa pheno
Back neck
Back

Top Bottom