MC`s Forest Adventure

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Nice MC, I agree , I don't like the banks holding my money. When I was in my 20s I had some real issues with all that overdraft crap they used to pull. I lost a few grand to that, got pennies on the dollar in a class action settlement recently, but that didn't help when I was a struggling twenty something.its nothing compared to foreclosure , but it was enough for me to learn a lesson.

Yeah man Bubbas Crack!! I bet there is some magic in those f1s

BudBogart

BudBogart

Can`t do a fasting blood test as I forgot and had a cup of coffee so will reschedule. I`ll spend the day running for water and take a trip to town later. I`m hoping I can get a start on the screens in the morning but If I get a chance I`ll do some tonight. Well chore time!
I hate the fasting blood test. Driving into town without coffee is no fun. And you know how they want us to eat a little something every two hours to keep feeling our best, then nothing for twelve hours!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Today I took off to town to pay some bills right after chores. Came back around noon and got ready for my daughters and grandkids that came for a BBQ. One of them is coming back next weekend to work for me. I had a great time and I think they did also. My pit bull , Brute, had the best time with pets and treats from the BBQ. don`t get much company up here but Brute always takes advantage of any company and he loves BBQ meats . I did eat a little to much as my blood sugar is up a little more than I`d like so going to have to curb it. tomorrow may fetch some water and work on those screens some. Dam I know I`ve been saying that but this time for real!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I went easy on myself but still managed to finish the sides of the greenhouses with screen, just got the ends to do now and they will be enclosed. Was going to try to get two loads of water, didn`t work out to well. I got one load and it`s still on the tuck until light. I started to upchuck and went and laid down afterwards. I`ll use the water in the truck to water the veggies and fill the fresh water tank in the morning. I can fetch an other to replace what I water in the greenhouses later in the afternoon. Trying to keep up with the tanks full as much as possible. The spring is down a little but much more water than last year around this time. It could also use a good cleaning out.

I was thinking about the cost of a bridge or culvert. Thinking I might just `park` a heavy equipment trailer across the creek for now with all legal license and intact. Maybe a 14 ton + deck over. Should make a nice temporary bridge and as they are made to carry a mid size Cat, it should do the job for a 3/4 ton 4x4 truck to cross even weighted down. Once across I can carry soil and maybe rent a front end loader to fix up the road better and put in a pad. Know one has been down the drive in over 50 years and the drive doesn`t even show on Google maps , so how would the county even know in a couple years from now if it was new work or done more resent? If I can get permits for a well and septic I can also get an address assigned to the property. I can always but a bridge in right later or decide on a culvert . I just want the property useful as soon as possible. Hell with just a pad and way over the creek I could be renting the property out for a grow area for 25 k a season! All it needs is a water tank that could be filled from the spring with an Alaska septic for a travel trailer and room for a few holes or grow bags. If I want to put in a legal cabin at some point I`d have to put everything in all legal with permits , but I just want my property accessible for now. Maybe be able to cut some firewood and do some clearing. Yes I want off this dusty road but if I brought in some gravel for the road I could cut the dust down a lot and maybe just put up an RV cover and some skirting over the RV with an overhang in the front. Hell except having to hull water from the spring I`m nearly set up where I`m at ! I wouldn`t have to move for now.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I went easy on myself but still managed to finish the sides of the greenhouses with screen, just got the ends to do now and they will be enclosed. Was going to try to get two loads of water, didn`t work out to well. I got one load and it`s still on the tuck until light. I started to upchuck and went and laid down afterwards. I`ll use the water in the truck to water the veggies and fill the fresh water tank in the morning. I can fetch an other to replace what I water in the greenhouses later in the afternoon. Trying to keep up with the tanks full as much as possible. The spring is down a little but much more water than last year around this time. It could also use a good cleaning out.

I was thinking about the cost of a bridge or culvert. Thinking I might just `park` a heavy equipment trailer across the creek for now with all legal license and intact. Maybe a 14 ton + deck over. Should make a nice temporary bridge and as they are made to carry a mid size Cat, it should do the job for a 3/4 ton 4x4 truck to cross even weighted down. Once across I can carry soil and maybe rent a front end loader to fix up the road better and put in a pad. Know one has been down the drive in over 50 years and the drive doesn`t even show on Google maps , so how would the county even know in a couple years from now if it was new work or done more resent? If I can get permits for a well and septic I can also get an address assigned to the property. I can always but a bridge in right later or decide on a culvert . I just want the property useful as soon as possible. Hell with just a pad and way over the creek I could be renting the property out for a grow area for 25 k a season! All it needs is a water tank that could be filled from the spring with an Alaska septic for a travel trailer and room for a few holes or grow bags. If I want to put in a legal cabin at some point I`d have to put everything in all legal with permits , but I just want my property accessible for now. Maybe be able to cut some firewood and do some clearing. Yes I want off this dusty road but if I brought in some gravel for the road I could cut the dust down a lot and maybe just put up an RV cover and some skirting over the RV with an overhang in the front. Hell except having to hull water from the spring I`m nearly set up where I`m at ! I wouldn`t have to move for now.

I also have property across a creek. We think the trailer across the creek is the way to go, although we haven't done it yet. Wondering why you would need to keep it licensed?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I also have property across a creek. We think the trailer across the creek is the way to go, although we haven't done it yet. Wondering why you would need to keep it licensed?

Because it is just a stuck trailer that way and not a bridge if registration is up to date. Doesn`t fall under building codes , just DMV codes. Far as I know there is no law against loading and unloading a trailer from ether end, if that other end is on the other side of a creek so be it.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Because it is just a stuck trailer that way and not a bridge if registration is up to date. Doesn`t fall under building codes , just DMV codes. Far as I know there is no law against loading and unloading a trailer from ether end, if that other end is on the other side of a creek so be it.
Thank you.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I spent most of the day in town having a fasting blood test for a Dr. appointment and waiting for the appointment time only to find they changed the appointment time without telling me. I thought that an appointment was an agreement to meet at a set time by both parties! I did get some more of the materials for fixing the office trailer while in town. I left early without my gas cans so had to make a second trip for fuel because I wanted to have the blood test done in time for it to be processed for the appointment. Well my daughter should be coming Friday night to work this weekend. I`m going to work on catching up fetching water and have the 325 gal tank filled for the next batch of tea ( starting at first light). Not sure what I`ll work on after that. I plan on having her help me finish up the screens and clean the insides of the travel trailer and office trailer.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
It t we got the screen stapled up on the ends of the greenhouses. Still need to put lathing up to hold it better and put up the screen doors. I got 5 loads of water but because of the heat I only kept up with the water tanks and didn`t get the 325 gal mix tank filled. I have one load on the truck that will go in the mix tank in the morning and it will take an other 1/2 load to get it filled. The other half will go towards keeping up after doing the morning watering. Soon as I get the water ALL caught up I`m going to take the water tank out of the truck so I can use it to fetch lathing and new siding for the office trailer. Still not 100% sure what the volunteer Bubba`s Crack is a male or female. It`s in the shed in the dark for an other 24 hrs. Didn`t get the office or travel trailer cleaned yet , we both worked hard but it was so hot in the sun and well we just couldn`t get that much done. I could hardly stand as my nerve damage to my feet hampered things. I also had a group of Chinese people come by and they had a map to my property from a realistate agent and were trying to use my privet road to view my property. They didn`t speak English well but I think I got through to them that the agent made a mistake and my property isn`t for sale ! Not happy about it though and couldn`t find out who the agent was that sent them. Hope this doesn`t keep happening !

BudBogart

BudBogart

It t we got the screen stapled up on the ends of the greenhouses. Still need to put lathing up to hold it better and put up the screen doors. I got 5 loads of water but because of the heat I only kept up with the water tanks and didn`t get the 325 gal mix tank filled. I have one load on the truck that will go in the mix tank in the morning and it will take an other 1/2 load to get it filled. The other half will go towards keeping up after doing the morning watering. Soon as I get the water ALL caught up I`m going to take the water tank out of the truck so I can use it to fetch lathing and new siding for the office trailer. Still not 100% sure what the volunteer Bubba`s Crack is a male or female. It`s in the shed in the dark for an other 24 hrs. Didn`t get the office or travel trailer cleaned yet , we both worked hard but it was so hot in the sun and well we just couldn`t get that much done. I could hardly stand as my nerve damage to my feet hampered things. I also had a group of Chinese people come by and they had a map to my property from a realistate agent and were trying to use my privet road to view my property. They didn`t speak English well but I think I got through to them that the agent made a mistake and my property isn`t for sale ! Not happy about it though and couldn`t find out who the agent was that sent them. Hope this doesn`t keep happening !

Way too hot and more to come. Good thing you stopped the real estate thing. That type of stuff is what country nightmares are made from. Probably just couldn't follow directions. Did you look at their map or directions?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
They had a map of my property on there phone and my boundaries were outlined in red. Yep it`s going to get hotter. Got all my tanks filled up and making a batch of tea for the garden now! Good thing is heat promotes growth and doesn`t hurt well watered plants in veg! Makes them transpire and grow faster but takes up more water.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Tea is made just needs to bubble a while so will water good this morning and apply the tea when it has a chance to ferment the yeast in a little more. Going to make this a clean up day. Got a mess to pick up after doing the screens. I`ll also try to get a load of water to replace what I use so I keep up having the tanks full. Planning a trip to town with the truck for a trash run to stock back up on propane and get lathing and siding. Next bg project will be the ruff and siding on the office trailer. I`m thinking of getting a wet trimmer, maybe a twister ? I don`t care for the dry trimmers I have. got to get set up better to trim for myself on the next crop. trimmers are taking up way to much time and money. I want to stay small and just do what I can do on my own. stressing quality over quantity at this point. Once I`m down on a pad I might try a little larger grow. Was thinking I might stay up here and rent the property out for a season and see how it goes. One way or an other I want to make the property pay for it`s self as I go. I`d need the access to a pad and road work done first but need to do that anyway. I`ve been offered around $25,000 up front for a season before. I`m just worried that renters would leave me a mess to clean up. broken down cars , trash and maybe a trashed out RV ? also don`t lie the idea of traffic and dust to eat. May deside to stay up here and set up the property to grow on for me until I can get it all fixed up to move into. One thing for sure I need to set up better what ever I do. Got to make it easier and more comfortable to live up here! maybe a washer and propane dryer would be nice at some point. I hate going to town for laundry!!!

mack 10

mack 10

That's crazy about the Chinese.
They are trying to buy everything up
since there is no point in saving money at the bank
which offers 0% or even charge you to store your cash.
I have been thinking about setting up a trim crew,
pro style.
would you need permits and stuff or is that a grey area?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Butte County has a new grow law proposal for voters in November. 4 of the 7 County Supervisors back the proposal to allow commercial medical Cannabis growing of 25% of ones property and up to 1 acre of land per property. Not sure what else would be on measure "J". I`m sure some kind of fee would be involved. It would also allow for Licensed Dispensaries in the unincorporated areas of the county. I guess they`d be firing the code enforcement officers?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Butte County has a new grow law proposal for voters in November. 4 of the 7 County Supervisors back the proposal to allow commercial medical Cannabis growing of 25% of ones property and up to 1 acre of land per property. Not sure what else would be on measure "J". I`m sure some kind of fee would be involved. It would also allow for Licensed Dispensaries in the unincorporated areas of the county. I guess they`d be firing the code enforcement officers?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
was going to wait until morning to take pics but thought I`d take some now even though pics come out much better in morning light.
DSCN0685
DSCN0686
DSCN0687

Latest posts

Top Bottom