Testing New Strains

• Thread starter Icristal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Icristal

Icristal

I would like you all to keep picture to a minimum. This is a thread for testing seeds from Golden Lion and I want to make sure they can see the progress of these seeds without having to sift thru other pictures.

Suggestion would be to start another thread dedicated to just the purple and we all can post all our purple strains there. Then we all can find all the goods. I really do want to see the ones you all are growing for sure.
I love seeing your progress,,but this is not the right thread to be posting extra pictures.

And I am on the hunt as well for a good fruity purple strain,,hehehehe. I lost my mom of purple kush and man do I miss that one.

And thank you everyone for your support and ideas and comments. :)
Icristal

X.rm

X.rm

I would like you all to keep picture to a minimum. This is a thread for testing seeds from Golden Lion and I want to make sure they can see the progress of these seeds without having to sift thru other pictures.

Suggestion would be to start another thread dedicated to just the purple and we all can post all our purple strains there. Then we all can find all the goods. I really do want to see the ones you all are growing for sure.
I love seeing your progress,,but this is not the right thread to be posting extra pictures.

And I am on the hunt as well for a good fruity purple strain,,hehehehe. I lost my mom of purple kush and man do I miss that one.

And thank you everyone for your support and ideas and comments. :)
Icristal
Will do mam !

Icristal

Icristal

The little ones are coming along good. The yellow/light leaves are from not transplanting sooner and they are bouncing back. Under my big T5 now and lots of room to grow. Slowly getting my grow space redone, new tent arrived today. But will not be putting it up for a couple of weeks. I will clip off the lower weaker leaves as the grow.

They will be going on 18/6 light schedule the end of the week. Even at this small, they are already showing signs of Mag. deficiency and have added some to help them along. I already see a difference. They are starting to show there characteristics, and should be seeing more of there personalities soon. Also anxious to see how many female I have.

I also need a better camera,,lol

Color improving, new growth picking up. Top to bottom # 3,#4,#5
20160711 234514

Top to bottom, #2, #1, #6. Number 1 is the fasted grower of all of them from the start. Making me think possible male.
20160711 234539

Top to Bottom, #8, #7,,these are my slow ones, much smaller than the rest of them. I think they are just waiting to see how the other do and then boom they out do the other,,lol
20160711 234522

So there should be good improvements in the plants, now they have a good home to grow under. I might even give them some outdoor time during the day light. But still keep a 18/6 light schedule. I want them to dance in the natural winds and enjoy the warmth of the sun during the veg period for a couple of weeks. It will make them nice and strong.

Keep it green all, I know I am trying to,,lol
Icristal

X.rm

X.rm

The little ones are coming along good. The yellow/light leaves are from not transplanting sooner and they are bouncing back. Under my big T5 now and lots of room to grow. Slowly getting my grow space redone, new tent arrived today. But will not be putting it up for a couple of weeks. I will clip off the lower weaker leaves as the grow.

They will be going on 18/6 light schedule the end of the week. Even at this small, they are already showing signs of Mag. deficiency and have added some to help them along. I already see a difference. They are starting to show there characteristics, and should be seeing more of there personalities soon. Also anxious to see how many female I have.

I also need a better camera,,lol

Color improving, new growth picking up. Top to bottom # 3,#4,#5
View attachment 615611

Top to bottom, #2, #1, #6. Number 1 is the fasted grower of all of them from the start. Making me think possible male.
View attachment 615612

Top to Bottom, #8, #7,,these are my slow ones, much smaller than the rest of them. I think they are just waiting to see how the other do and then boom they out do the other,,lol
View attachment 615614

So there should be good improvements in the plants, now they have a good home to grow under. I might even give them some outdoor time during the day light. But still keep a 18/6 light schedule. I want them to dance in the natural winds and enjoy the warmth of the sun during the veg period for a couple of weeks. It will make them nice and strong.

Keep it green all, I know I am trying to,,lol
Icristal
#8and#7 might have drainage issues or underwatered, IMHO... the coco looks a bit dry in ghe top layer on #7. Other than that they look great. Prime them im keepin an eye on it. Wanna see what GL hasvto offer. Best of luck to you. PEACE!

Icristal

Icristal

Converted this
20160712 165659

To this,,switched top shelf with center pieces and have a 2 shelf wrack, with a 4ft - t5 on top and two 2ft cfls on the bottom and it/s on wheels,,lol. When the veg. closet it finished it will slide right in.
20160710 234243

I can also order additional shelves, but would not go any more than 3 total. Unit on the side are the kitchen ones you get cheap at WalMart, have bought 3 in the past 3 yrs, for allot of needs in the grow space.

Keep it green all
Icristal

ps. the babies are doing great and the mag issues seems to be caught in time.

Icristal

Icristal

Growing good,,color is improving and getting bigger. Found a few gnats, so treated the plants, have yellow sticky out as well. Again missing the quality of my old camera, plants are not yellowing, all nice color. Plants really do respond to there environment, they are loving the space. Nice structure is developing on some of them. Should see allot more of there personality's soon.

#7 my strange one

Icristal

Icristal

Update on the plants. They are doing great. The first soil as sprouted seeds was a light pro mix,,the half gallon pots they are in now is 3/4 pro mix and 1/4 FFO soil. The next soil for the pots will be 3/4 FFO soil and 1/4 pro mix. They are getting regular spraying with Neem and soap/water mix. I had a gnat issue and this is getting less each day. I realized I needed to spray not only the plants, but the containers from top to bottom, especially the drain holes and the trays they sit in. Much quicker results. I change the yellow sticky paper every time i spray to get a gauge on how the gnats are and am seeing very little now. I am also pre-treating the soil for the next transplant and it seems to be working. In a bin with sticky paper on lid inside, just stir soil , spray, repeat every few days.

I have kept the light low above the plants @18/6, with a fan blowing on them 24/7. This has made the stalks nice and strong and has made them grow nice and tight. I have been raising the light a little each night this week. I have reached the height I want and now will let them stretch awhile. No sign of sex yet, but are looking very positive.

There is one that is different from all of them and will be watching it closely. It was a slow starter, but has caught up with the others, but is much lighter in color and build. So we will see how that goes,,could be the one,,lol I can't wait to get these into flower, they are going to be some of the best plants I have every grown indoors I think.

Keep it green all
Icristal

str8smokn

str8smokn

When you spray your plants... Do you saturate until dripping ..top and bottom of leafs?
That's all one question just broke down.
I've had problems before spraying plants with some other stuff.
So wasn't sure if I over sprayed or not.

They are looking great by the way.
I love the closet rack shelving ,I was looking at something similar the other day.
STR8

Icristal

Icristal

When you spray your plants... Do you saturate until dripping ..top and bottom of leafs?
That's all one question just broke down.
I've had problems before spraying plants with some other stuff.
So wasn't sure if I over sprayed or not.

They are looking great by the way.
I love the closet rack shelving ,I was looking at something similar the other day.
STR8
Yes, I soak them, I spray the bottom and around the outside of the pots and trays. Then under the leaves, then spray the top of the leaves,,but you have to have the lights out until they are dry (lights will burn them). If I do not catch them before the lights come on, I just shut them off and spray, they will dry quick with a fan on them (about 30 min). Then turn the lights back on once they are dry. In flower do it after lights out or a little bit before lights on. I do not foliar spray with water for 24 hrs after a Neem treatment.

Thanks on the closet rack, I love this thing and I can roll it around. Once these are up potted, both shelves will be used. :)

Icristal

Icristal

Another update on the plants. I have moved them around to give them more room to grow. They are exploding with growth right now and it amazing to watch. I have topped all of them tonight, to make them expand a bit. Picked up the rest of my soil today, so they will be up-potted between now and the first of next week. As soon as shoots are big enough, I will be taking clones. But not until after in bigger pots. So far no signs of any males in this group, so think I scored 8 females, but time will tell. Once they are repotted and have there legs take hold, I will start doing individual pictures, so we all can see the differences in each one. Before we know it they will be in flower, I can't wait.

Keep it green all
Icristal

Icristal

Icristal

The plants were cut back and shaped yesterday. I spoke too soon on all Ladies,,,looks like there are 4 males out of 8 plants. Tiny balls showing, some single and one cluster with (2 together<--- obvious male). So I hope for a couple of females at least. I will be popping one of the two next test strain once these go to flower.

Keep it green all
Icristal

Icristal

Icristal

Update on the plants. After the trimming and shaping a few days ago, they took it well,,so it was time to up pot.
Just Transplanted to 3 gallon cloth pots>FFO w/added Pearlite, The roots had filled the half gallon pots.
Showed need for ca/mag,,gave first dose of ca/mag and silica mixed. A couple of them are going to be mag hogs.
Also gave first dose of Azamax,,,,still foliar spray with Neem/soap mix as well.
The plants are taking the move great, one left to do,,lol,,ran out of 3 gallon pots,,lol
I will be taking clones in a couple of weeks and they should be ready to go into flower in a 2/3 weeks. I will post individual picture before going into flowering. And hope to show thier differences. The possibility of males had gone down, but still not sure on a few. If i get a male , it will be put in ground in my veg. next to the tomatoes,,lol
20160803 010446
20160803 010502
20160803 010512

Due to going outdoors and having a big veg garden, taking no chances with bugs. I have yellow sticky strips all over the place around these plants as you can see.
Keep it green all
Icristal

Icristal

Icristal

It has been a few days since up potting and they are slowly adjusting. They all are ca/mag hogs, as seen on some of the leaves,,unreal how much they need. Most were deficient in nutrients as they were root bound and had an attack of those relentless gnats,,lol (under control now finally). But with the new soil and ca/mag and better attention, they are looking good. Should get clones next week, clone machine cleaned and ready. Here are individual pictures, you can see the difference/shapes in the leaves.

Purple Drink #1

#2, this one was a runt and is fighting to stay with the rest of them. It needs loads of ca/mag and is slow to grow in general. Also very light in color.

#3 This one has recovered quicker.

#5 Also a light colored one

Keep it green all
Icristal

Icristal

Icristal

Clone have been taken except #2, need one more from this plant. And the plants await the flower stage. The demolition of the veg room is just about finished. Plus I need to deal with a brick wall from the old fireplaces. So as soon as I can get the veg room finished, I then can put up the new tent to run these Plants. These are in the space for the new tent and have no other space to move them in veg. Plus it will give them time to get a tad bigger.

All plants cloned
20160809 201733

Veg closet in progress lol
20160809 201815
20160809 201828

Keep it green all
Icristal

Icristal

Icristal

whats the cross lineage on those ?
I'm not sure, but think it is Purple Urkle x Lemon cookies. @baba G will need to chime in on this one. When he sent me the list, the only purple there was the Urkle and everything had been crossed with lemon cookies.

Icristal

Icristal

Hey hey all, it's been awhile since I have posted here. Just a little busy with fall canning and harvesting the veggie garden. Made 7 cases of various types of pickles and now in the process of making salsa. The tomato's are coming in faster than I can process them. Sauces will be earlier than usual. lol And have had a few more health issues, Ain't life grand, I think so.

@baba G Here we go folks. The plants have hit the tent and are on day 1 of flowering. I have 7 in the tent and know for sure 4 are ladies, but the other 4 have been hard to tell. I thought I had 4 males at one point, but they fooled me. One of them is outdoors with mother nature. That one is #8, it has been a royal pain to keep happy, it takes 4 tbls of ca/mag per gallon to keep happy and seems not enough. Did not take to nute on first feed and was half dose. But it seems to be quite happy outdoors and is doing much better, it will finish outside. I hope its a female and would like to see how it does compared to the tent ones. The pot has been filled and it is in a 3 gallon pot, with mix of FFO, pro mix and perlite.

The other 7 are in 3 gallon pots as well with the same soil mix. And they all use 3tbls of ca/mag per gallon of water. I have never seen plants take so much ca/mag as these, but it works. These 7 are okay with a normal dose of food. So here we go and I hope I can do them justice. Looking forward to whats there and hope I get a killer dank one. All have been cloned except #3 and I will try again to get one done. I have tried 4 cuts on # 3 plant and all have failed to root. All the other including the pain one have rooted and are in soil growing happy. I will update in a week or two when I see some changes. And try to do individual picture maybe.

The #8, outdoors, pots been filled and now a happy plant, sex unknown, should know in a week.
20160828 112433

Here are the other 7 on day one of flower.
20160831 191001

Keep it green all
Icristal

Latest posts

Top Bottom