Papa's Propagation Playland

• Thread starter Papa Indica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I haven't snapped any pics for a while, I've been concentrating more on getting things back on track again, I've been having troubles for quite a while. Nothing major really but, frustrating.
My cousin picks up all my soil and we use the same stuff and he's been having problems too, he's actually had it much worse than me but, the same type of stuff, we've finally figured there has to be a problem with the 707 we've been using. It's certainly been solid full of fungus gnat larvae, fuckers.

Hey @Papa Indica . I have 3 sour dubbs × querkle siblings going right now. They were from @jumpincactus smoke. They were the only 3 found while I visited.

I must agree that the flavor was something I remembered well.
I got my fingers crossed so that I may get some tasty phenotypes.

I switched to roots 707 this grow. And I am also getting lots of gnats and big house flies. But the plants are loving it.

Hop on over to my bagseed hunting mainlining adventure. I haven't seen you over there in a long time. :)

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

I haven't snapped any pics for a while, I've been concentrating more on getting things back on track again, I've been having troubles for quite a while. Nothing major really but, frustrating.
My cousin picks up all my soil and we use the same stuff and he's been having problems too, he's actually had it much worse than me but, the same type of stuff, we've finally figured there has to be a problem with the 707 we've been using. It's certainly been solid full of fungus gnat larvae, fuckers.

I used 707 for awhile and that's the very reason I stopped using it. Well I hope things are getting back on track for yea pops!

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
What symptoms are you seeing? Fungus gnats are more of a Nuisance then anything, I have a shit ton at the moment but the plants are in beatiful healthy. Like literally a 100 go flying per pot every time I water lol

putembk

putembk

Afternoon guys.....just stopping in to say Hi!! No problems here but busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. Trying to do this all by myself and take care of a small condo complex and 2 housed is....well a lot to handle. Both mowers shit the bed down here and up at the cabin. WTF is this??? Pain in the ass but I will get it done.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

What symptoms are you seeing? Fungus gnats are more of a Nuisance then anything, I have a shit ton at the moment but the plants are in beatiful healthy. Like literally a 100 go flying per pot every time I water lol
I've pretty much had them under control but, I've had a hard time getting a good root zone to develop with some and seeing a lot of heavy early fade once established in flower with a lot of stuff.
The biggest trouble with fungus gnats is once they've hatched they lay more eggs in the soil that hatch into larvae that like to crawl through your soil feeding on the fibrous hairs of your roots before they hatch into the little flying critters, obviously I don't know the technical term off the top of my head but, it still amounts to the same thing, which is no good. They may not be as damaging as some other critters but, they're not any good either, if left unchecked they can cause a fair amount of damage.
The Mosquito Bits worked quite well for me getting them under control.

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

I've pretty much had them under control but, I've had a hard time getting a good root zone to develop with some and seeing a lot of heavy early fade once established in flower with a lot of stuff.
The biggest trouble with fungus gnats is once they've hatched they lay more eggs in the soil that hatch into larvae that like to crawl through your soil feeding on the fibrous hairs of your roots before they hatch into the little flying critters, obviously I don't know the technical term off the top of my head but, it still amounts to the same thing, which is no good. They may not be as damaging as some other critters but, they're not any good either, if left unchecked they can cause a fair amount of damage.

Have you tried microbe lift mc papa? That and shit ton of stickys and and small cup of apple cider vinegar and water and a bit of dish soap on the rim and they'll fly to it and fall in and die cause they can't back out. Do you use smart pots? I've notice them less with them seeing as they don't have more places to enter.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Hey papa it sounds like your being hit with pythium in your root zone which would explain the increase in fungus gnats because they love dead roots.
Picks would help if you can but I bet that's it especially since it's summer grow rooms are warmer and so is the water. A tale tale sign is early yellowing with flare ups on the leaves.
Use hygrozyme to get them back on track if it's not to late.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Have you tried microbe lift mc papa? That and shit ton of stickys and and small cup of apple cider vinegar and water and a bit of dish soap on the rim and they'll fly to it and fall in and die cause they can't back out. Do you use smart pots? I've notice them less with them seeing as they don't have more places to enter.

Hey papa it sounds like your being hit with pythium in your root zone which would explain the increase in fungus gnats because they love dead roots.
Picks would help if you can but I bet that's it especially since it's summer grow rooms are warmer and so is the water. A tale tale sign is early yellowing with flare ups on the leaves.
Use hygrozyme to get them back on track if it's not to late.

I've had the fungus gnats well under control for quite a while now, the most I ever see is a random one here and there and that's just because of having that damn soil around. The Mosquito Bits have worked very well for me.
I don't use the smart pots at all, I've thought about it a few times but, never have picked any up.
@GrowGod I thought you were onto something with that but, I looked up pythium and that can't be it, I let my plants go through wet/dry cycles. I've always know that weed likes to get dry between waterings.

I've already made some changes, really just simplifying a little, going back to some older ways of doing things with my soil/soilless mix. I'm also trying out the OG Tea Root WebStar and Veganic Special Sauce. Everything I have started in veg right now will have different mixes than other stuff I've had going lately so, soon I shall see if the problem is solved or just begun. :facepalm: lol

str8smokn

str8smokn

Sorry to hear of your struggles my friend, glad you got them corrected.
Looking forward to seeing some pics once they start looking better.
Just no more Pimp slaps to the buds,hit them below the limbs.
leaves No marks...Lol
STR8

stonestacker

stonestacker

Afternoon guys.....just stopping in to say Hi!! No problems here but busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. Trying to do this all by myself and take care of a small condo complex and 2 housed is....well a lot to handle. Both mowers shit the bed down here and up at the cabin. WTF is this??? Pain in the ass but I will get it done.

Sounds like you went into retirement only to work more.
Wish you the best in finding balance.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Got my 4 GG #4 clones planted this morning and it was about time too, I had the damn things going an extra week. I had it marked out on my calendar and everything and I kept looking at it thinking the next week, what a fucking stoner. I have a hell of a root system started anyway. :woot:
To be fair to myself, I have a couple of things marked out on the calendar a week apart for the cloner and since I run in two week intervals and being so high all the freakin' time along with my mind slipping anyway hey, shit can happen! :facepalm:
I got my Sour Dubb jarred up this morning too and like I said, shit yield but, awesome flavor with a decent high, gotta keep it around I guess.
My new drying method is adding a couple days, every little bit helps so, I'll take it.

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Got my 4 GG #4 clones planted this morning and it was about time too, I had the damn things going an extra week. I had it marked out on my calendar and everything and I kept looking at it thinking the next week, what a fucking stoner. I have a hell of a root system started anyway. :woot:
To be fair to myself, I have a couple of things marked out on the calendar a week apart for the cloner and since I run in two week intervals and being so high all the freakin' time along with my mind slipping anyway hey, shit can happen! :facepalm:
I got my Sour Dubb jarred up this morning too and like I said, shit yield but, awesome flavor with a decent high, gotta keep it around I guess.
My new drying method is adding a couple days, every little bit helps so, I'll take it.

You used a clothes shipping box in a different room right? I think that's what you said you were trying. Glad to hear it's helping!

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

After so long now seeing shitty roots that are all brown looking and nasty I was so happy yesterday when I popped my Jack Herer out of it's cup and saw healthy, bright white looking roots. Fuck yeah!
It's been a long road of bullshit and it seems that it's turned out to be what I thought it was, that fucking Roots Organic's 707. I used their Original for a long time with great results so, it took me a while to realize where the trouble was. It didn't take too awful long to figure out that the damn fungus gnats came out of it but, I kinda figured that once they were dealt with things should be fine as far as the soil was concerned but, the new stuff that's in veg that doesn't have any of that in them seem to be doing better than before so, back on track again I hope.

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

I've had the fungus gnats well under control for quite a while now, the most I ever see is a random one here and there and that's just because of having that damn soil around. The Mosquito Bits have worked very well for me.
I don't use the smart pots at all, I've thought about it a few times but, never have picked any up.
@GrowGod I thought you were onto something with that but, I looked up pythium and that can't be it, I let my plants go through wet/dry cycles. I've always know that weed likes to get dry between waterings.

I've already made some changes, really just simplifying a little, going back to some older ways of doing things with my soil/soilless mix. I'm also trying out the OG Tea Root WebStar and Veganic Special Sauce. Everything I have started in veg right now will have different mixes than other stuff I've had going lately so, soon I shall see if the problem is solved or just begun. :facepalm: lol
wuzzz up @Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

wuzzz up @Papa Indica
Not a hell of a lot I guess, gave up cigarettes 2 1/2 months ago, trying to eat better, seeing if I can get myself feeling any better or not. Tired of just accepting this shit, a level of acceptance is necessary to be able to keep your sanity but, there's a difference between acceptance and giving up.
Anyway... finally starting to get a handle on things, figured out what I'm gonna keep running, sticking with the GG #4 and the Sour Dubb and find some of these other "elites" to be more hype than anything, to me anyway. :shifty:
Finally back to a point where I can pop a few beans here and there, which I like to do but, it's real nice to have some stuff locked down that you know you like when you're doing it and I really like both of them, especially the flavor of the Sour Dubb.
Guess I've rambled on plenty here, packing some S. Dubb into the vape right now. :smug:

Newtogrowing

Newtogrowing

Not a hell of a lot I guess, gave up cigarettes 2 1/2 months ago, trying to eat better, seeing if I can get myself feeling any better or not. Tired of just accepting this shit, a level of acceptance is necessary to be able to keep your sanity but, there's a difference between acceptance and giving up.
Anyway... finally starting to get a handle on things, figured out what I'm gonna keep running, sticking with the GG #4 and the Sour Dubb and find some of these other "elites" to be more hype than anything, to me anyway. :shifty:
Finally back to a point where I can pop a few beans here and there, which I like to do but, it's real nice to have some stuff locked down that you know you like when you're doing it and I really like both of them, especially the flavor of the Sour Dubb.
Guess I've rambled on plenty here, packing some S. Dubb into the vape right now. :smug:
Just keep those positive vibes all around you... I hear ya, I'm back on chemo every 2 weeks but I do a scan this Wednesday. My CEA's are down to 8.2 from 34. I made some bubble hash from all the leftovers and got a couple of grams. Pretty good shit too. Keep your head up bro!!! You'll be fine. Your in my prayers... Peace Out..

G gnome

G gnome

Hey pops, if ur havin a lil trouble w gettin some roots established try leavin em in the tk fer an extra few days.......also u might be transplanting too early in general. ...? Just a thought

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Hey pops, if ur havin a lil trouble w gettin some roots established try leavin em in the tk fer an extra few days.......also u might be transplanting too early in general. ...? Just a thought
I ended up giving those GG #4 cuts an extra week in the TK, I did change out the water for the last week and a half or so because it had been running a while with other cuts and starting to get kinda nasty. I've been trying to hold out on transplants 'til they wanna drink every day, that Jack I just did was definitely ready.
Transplanting early has been an issue at times though for sure, always trying to improve upon things. :^]_~

Latest posts

Top Bottom