APEKs Supercritical CO2 Extraction Equipment - reviews?

• Thread starter BubbaG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dana gignac

Hi all,

I'm going by their service center to demo this machine on Monday. Does anyone have any knowledge of quality, consistency, aroma, etc....

Thanks for any help.
I have the 20x20L 2000psi machine and it runs well , but the customer support at the englewood office and home office are really terrible, the support is the worst I have ever dealt with after spending over $187,000 on the machine, they will love you before you buy it but after they receive the check from APEKS they forget who you are and move on to the next sale.

B

Burned Haze

^

That's so sad but true after hearing more reviews about them

B

Brian S

I have the 20x20L 2000psi machine and it runs well , but the customer support at the englewood office and home office are really terrible, the support is the worst I have ever dealt with after spending over $187,000 on the machine, they will love you before you buy it but after they receive the check from APEKS they forget who you are and move on to the next sale.

Check this out - CO2 extraction system maintenance and repair:

"We are an industrial contractor and equipment manufacturer providing services to individuals and companies utilizing CO2 extraction systems. Our qualified staff is able to service most carbon dioxide extractors, including Apeks Supercritical, Eden Labs, and Infinity Supercritical. We also have experience fabricating and operating CO2 extraction systems."

Last edited:
A

Apeks SC

I was surprised and disheartened to read Dana’s comments. We thought we had remedied the unfortunate situation that was out of our control and absorbed significant costs in doing so. Total customer satisfaction is our first and foremost goal. I really believe that innovation, product quality, manufacturing efficiency, etc. don’t really matter if customers aren’t happy.
Dana, please contact me if your Apeks system is not performing to your satisfaction and/or if there is anything else we can do for you.
Thanks
Andy Joseph
President - Apeks Supercritical

S

SHIRDABZALOT

Why anyone would spend a substantial amount of money on a c02 extractor blows my mind. C02 oil is subpar, low yields, lacks terps, doesn't get you even close to as high as any of the other methods. For for a 50 fold cost.....seems pretty outlandish to me. I could make a better product everytime for a tiny fraction of those machines. I have sampled literally hundreds of co2 oil and never been impressed once. It's a trend

BubbaG

BubbaG

FYI I'm not affiliated with Apeks and I continue to prefer pro - level butane hash (for now) but this is cool and wanted to share it.

Apeks sent me an email pitching their new service of renting mobile extraction labs. I had this thought a couple of years ago but didn't pull the trigger... I was thinking to rent equipment as well as have in-house mobile labs in trailers that would do on site subcontract extractions... legality of the last bit there was questionable.... didn't do it for several reasons not the least of which I couldn't expect a high enough yield to pencil out to a reasonable rate to charge.... and of course capital investment was steep.

These are good folks at Apeks and I'm glad to see them staying after it. For those of you that would like to try their equipment before buying, this is probably ideal.

http://www.apeksrentals.com/

I did my sample CO2 run on their equipment in their warehouse... until the fire department inspector showed up while I was there that is - she had gotten a sniff that they were an mj extract company and came by looking for butane and such... didn't find butane or anything dangerous so started hassling him a lil over other stuff lol...

I wasn't helping, or maybe I was, as I was in a serious argument with the inspector lady over pain meds while my run was in process. She was complaining about her own neck pain and how she won't use mj - then she admitted to taking prescription opioids... she didn't like it when I asked how she figures synthetic heroin is better for folks in pain than mj. Then she took the "legal mj will create a country of lazy stoners" tact. I smiled and explained what I do for a living and my education and, more importantly, my income (normally I don't go there but she had it coming) should have seen her face... gave her something to chew on

My extract came out pretty good. The yield was around 9-10%, but I bet they have things going better now that they have those liquid gas pumps instead of the loud ass compressors.... one thing I was able to do with some of the extract that came out with the right consistency is to manufacture a sort of shatter... stable to the touch and perfect for dabs... full flavor too. Wasn't see-through clear but that also could be worked on I'm sure..

M

Machine54321

Run an Apeks 1500-20L Automated with a Haskel Gas Booster, average around 10-13% yields.

Gas Booster is a bitch..but 10 minutes of quick glance at the top piston to check rings/gaskets. Pretty happy with it. Only really profitable if trim is free or cheap going into the machine or a refined secondary process. Lots of different products can be made though.

B

BT302

False! People use liquid pumps because it's cheap and easy to pump. Liquid pumping however is outdated technology, and is horrible for Cannabis applications. Liquid pumping requires lots of heat in the separation vessels, this heat is horrible for Cannabis extract, and is the reason people think that CO2 oil isn't very good. With gas pumping you can keep separation temperatures low, which locks in flavor and terpenes. If your trying to make live resin, or a high quality C02 shatter, good luck achieving this with liquid pumping. Also, new diaphragm gas compressors blow liquid pumps away with regards to flow rates. Don't take my word for it, get the flow rates from all the CO2 companies, and don't forget to ask what the separation temperatures are. Anyone who tells you that they keep there separators warmer than 40-60F, then that is No Bueno, you'll never make high quality oil. Good separation temps are kept between 0-35F maybe 50-60F during certain applications, but never warmer than 60F

If your temps are that low you never go into supercritical phase so therefore you are still pumping liquid correct? Or am I missing something? If pumping liquid is bad then why do you use it on the 5000psi systems? I'm trying to figure out why some companies use liquid pumps and some use gas boosters and some have both?

S

SCH

If your temps are that low you never go into supercritical phase so therefore you are still pumping liquid correct? Or am I missing something? If pumping liquid is bad then why do you use it on the 5000psi systems? I'm trying to figure out why some companies use liquid pumps and some use gas boosters and some have both?
You are exactly right. There is no difference in the CO2 solvent properties if you pump liquid CO2 and don't heat it or compress gas and condense it. Except gas compressors are terribly inefficient and loud.

People heat liquid CO2 to increase extraction efficiency and get different analyte selectivity. That is a choice though, not necessary. However, you only have this option in high pressure systems because heating low pressure CO2 decreases it's solvating power.

B

Burned Haze

You are exactly right. There is no difference in the CO2 solvent properties if you pump liquid CO2 and don't heat it or compress gas and condense it. Except gas compressors are terribly inefficient and loud.

People heat liquid CO2 to increase extraction efficiency and get different analyte selectivity. That is a choice though, not necessary. However, you only have this option in high pressure systems because heating low pressure CO2 decreases it's solvating power.
^ thanks for the KISS answer and input ( when the industry and companies u buy their item won't Help you after buy from em)

Anymore I'm sure everyone would love !

S

SCH

^ thanks for the KISS answer and input ( when the industry and companies u buy their item won't Help you after buy from em)

Anymore I'm sure everyone would love !
A company has an obligation to educate customers on how their equipment works. If you are going to MJBizCon in Vegas next month, Waters is hosting an extraction and testing symposium; the program looks great and it's free! Might even feed us haha!!

Top Bottom