Gg4 Seeds As A Result Of Hermie

• Thread starter Ownzu77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

GG4 Seeds from hermie, Garbage, Viable, Or a Blessing?

• Garbage

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Viable

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Blessing

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
O

Ownzu77

Greetings all!

First post, just wanted to preface with a thank you to those who freely share information. It's so very valuable to people like me, who are trying to learn as much as possible, as efficiently as possible.

Please excuse me if my questions have already been addressed, some of the writings on here are very technical and a little clarification would mean a lot!

So my buddy was running 12 gavitas of glue, it was truly impressive. His last run he had herm issues, and long story short I ended up with a wealth of GG4 self pollinated seeds.

After some experimenting I've found that there are 2 or 3 obvious variants of GG4, but every seed I grow from this batch herms. I've read it's because the last time the plant successfully reproduced was a herm situation, so that is now coded into the Genetics.

My first thought was to scrap it, but the GG4 genetics are special. The best genetics around right now imho. I did some reading and found that gibberelic acid (Sp) in the form of dutchmaster reverse might work. And it did. Plants with males parts at every node finished with little to no seeds. I tried a run without the reverse and wow, what a disaster.

So now I have a wealth of GG4 seeds from self pollination, and I'm not sure what to do with them,and if they really have value for a breeding project. I read that a herm plant can be crossed with a very stable male for real success. I also had a herm glue accidentally pollinate an agent orange and a serious seeds ak 47. Is there any doubt that the seeds from those crosses will herm also? How would one describe a self pollinated seed? An S1?

Thank you for any information and for your time!

Dunge

Dunge

With so many great seeds available on the market these days, I wouldn't spend valuable learning cycles with hermy curiosities.

Keep the seeds, and consider working them in a few years once you have gained a feel for growing stable genetics.
This comes from a grower who has only watched online while the gg4 story spreads like a wild fire.

morningdewd

morningdewd

Does it it matter why they hermied? If it was with a cutting that has been run multiple times in multiple location grows and never hermies but a newfound issue such as a constant light leak at one location during the dark period caused it would that change the dynamic? I have a strain that never hermies unless a major light leak is ongoing all night and then only a few seeds. it still finishes like fire with almost all buds seedless .I found out the hard way after I ran a tightly sealed room and the sheer force of the suction from ventilation pulled off some of the window coverings enough that a big crack of light came thru.I had a blueberry kush plant that I ran with it that I had run before with no issues that made seeds too.I also wonder about these beans .

RalloD.Eno

RalloD.Eno

My first thought was to scrap it, but the GG4 genetics are special. The best genetics around right now imho.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! the best genetics around? lol you need to get out more. the most hyped cut (it's not a strain is it? just the one plant) in online forums right now. maybe. sure. but on the street, no one knows wtf gg#4 is. they know what kush and sour D are though.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

With so many great seeds available on the market these days, I wouldn't spend valuable learning cycles with hermy curiosities.

Keep the seeds, and consider working them in a few years once you have gained a feel for growing stable genetics.
This comes from a grower who has only watched online while the gg4 story spreads like a wild fire.

Yes and No although i would not bother with any strain that herms but if this GG4 is orginal cut then by all means it may take some time to find a a pheno that perhaps has dormant hermie genes or study the times it starts to hermie and chop prior ???
sure there are alot of GG4 varieties out there now and the GG4 is polluted with new crosses just like sacred seeds skunk GG4 will become one of the strains that many copied but far from the original form of GG4 so in a sense Dude send me some seeds i can crack 10,000 seeds and find the lucky bitch that does not hermie

morningdewd

morningdewd

only strains that I know of that don't hermie when completely stressed or have a long substantial light leak are ruderalis aka autoflower and ill pass. Marijuana has a self preservation trait that induces self reproduction when pollen is deprived.thats cannabis 101obviously if you had a plant that hermies in a perfect environment it is goneMD

Last edited:
Hate Life

Hate Life

Gorilla Glue #4 came from a bagseed to begin with.
And all the seeds were feminized.

XX x XX, no XY (male) chromosomes.

It is frowned upon to breed with feminized seeds, and you can see in the description of Gorilla Glue that against a friends wishes the grower still decided to grow out the genetics.

Feminized seeds are used all over the world, however most people won't breed with these genetics.

If everyone bred with these genetics, then all our strains would be tainted. and would be showing hermies much more often.

Stick to breeding with regular seeds, not feminized.

For the sake of the community, please.

I have many strains that are fire, how every I can't do anything with them unless I know exactly where they came from.

I tossed my GG#4's and my Cherry Pie's as soon as I seen them with seeds...
Never looked back.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I've grown gg4 for 3+yrs. Harvest a new crop every 67 days in those 3+yrs. I've never seen a bean, nanner, or anything bad, unless it came.from.another plant.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Interesting reading on this post. I got an old seed stash off someone with some old lines in em. I don't have a clue where they are from and how they were made. My first run is about to finish in a week. I have seeds in most of the crop. Mostly on the bottom branches. I don't know which one hermied but something did. So after reading this I realize there's not much point me carrying on wit them. I'm gutted because some are old lines. The seeds that are about 20 yrs old actually germinated! But not much point if I can't do anything with them. Or is it? I can't just throw them away......well I can but it will be hard. Sorry to jump in on the op thread.

S

SHIRDABZALOT

I've also grown the glue about 3 years......never had a herm or seed from it. People really must be fucking up to get gg4 to herm. Most people can't grow the glue right anyways, you can tell because they have comments like : the glue is just average lol. I don't know too many strains that can get 3 a light and be that dank. I would definitely consider her elite. I've said it before: all organic, take her 70-75 days and watch out! I have scored 29.8 thc on her.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

5 plants yeilded me a bit over 2.5lbs in 4.7 gal pots under 3x600 with 8 more plants in the same day room sharing the light. Knock out yeilds time and time again.

Hate Life

Hate Life

Still doesn't change the fact that is a feminized seed, doesn't matter if you go 20 years without a herm, or even you you never see one.

Grow it out all you want, yes it is fire, so potent it makes you sick while trimming.
People lose their **** over the finished product as well.

However from a breeding standpoint, I wouldn't cross it into anything, as you don't breed with feminized seeds.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Darlins net Dansbud pheno
Gg4x dmt
Ran 2x no hermies, seeds or other issues

Chaos by seed pac
Gg4x glue fuck
Ran 4x
No seeds, hermies ect

Snake venom
Moxie seeds
Viper city x gg4
Ran 6x
No seeds, hermies ,ect.

Mob fuck
Mob boss x gorilla fuck
Only ran 1x so far
No hermies, seeds, ect.

Last edited:
RedEyeBallz

RedEyeBallz

Gorilla Glue #4 came from a bagseed to begin with.
And all the seeds were feminized.

XX x XX, no XY (male) chromosomes.

It is frowned upon to breed with feminized seeds, and you can see in the description of Gorilla Glue that against a friends wishes the grower still decided to grow out the genetics.

Feminized seeds are used all over the world, however most people won't breed with these genetics.

If everyone bred with these genetics, then all our strains would be tainted. and would be showing hermies much more often.

Stick to breeding with regular seeds, not feminized.

For the sake of the community, please.

I have many strains that are fire, how every I can't do anything with them unless I know exactly where they came from.

I tossed my GG#4's and my Cherry Pie's as soon as I seen them with seeds...
Never looked back.
So how do you get a feminized seed or a plant that flowers from breeding regular seeds?

RalloD.Eno

RalloD.Eno

Darlins net Dansbud pheno
Gg4x dmt
Ran 2x no hermies, seeds or other issues

Chaos by seed pac
Gg4x glue fuck
Ran 4x
No seeds, hermies ect

Snake venom
Moxie seeds
Viper city x gg4
Ran 6x
No seeds, hermies ,ect.

Mob fuck
Mob boss x gorilla fuck
Only ran 1x so far
No hermies, seeds, ect.

that's a pretty tiny sample size isn't it? took me 13 seeds to find 1 male and 1 hermy from the accidental crossing of a feminized X and a hermied regular female plant.

i too have run some seeds from gg#4 crosses and of the 6 females i've gotten from 7 seeds, i've seen 5 show some nanners. #6 just started flowering.

i'm just saying you can't pop 5 seeds and be like... ok this strain is safe no hermy tendencies.

nah man pop more seeds.

Top Bottom