Recreational Near Portland?

• Thread starter Kaskadian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Hey guys,

As much as I absolutely hate asking, do any of you know of a recreational place near Portland with decent bud? Recreational bud sucks (at least the bud I've had), but it's better than no bud at all. :(

I just finished moving in and haven't gotten my grow setup yet. To make things worse, I called today to check on the status of my OMMP card and after a month they've let me know it'll be another 4 weeks before my card gets processed.

Cheers guys,
Kas

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Not sure of a specific place to recommend but some dispensaries will start selling recreational on October 1st if you don't have your card by then.

Trixxi

Trixxi

Are you still looking for a good dispensary? Stumptown cannabis has good flower / price and green cottage remedies has clean clones about $12 a plant

Dunge

Dunge

I went to three dispensaries yesterday.
Chosen at random based on proximity.
All had identical layout.
Entry room where Id is logged,then entry into the retail area.
Sales attendant then shows the goods.
Many products I didn't know much about.
The buds on the other hand were transparent.
Always a collection of jars for inspection.
Often labeled as to thc cbd content.
All smelled nice.
All buds looked identical. That over trimmed look into have wondered about.
Bought joints made from strains I have heard of for between 5 and 12 each.
Haven't had time to test much, but I like what I sampled thus far.

Why do all the buds look the same?
Come on farmers, educate me.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

When the taxation started, shop owners had to start buying lower quality buds to offset the margin lost in the taxes and fees. Want good bud, black market. Nothing but commercial mids in the shops and that is from the "daank" farms. Even the most awarded and recognized commercial growers in Oregon grow bland beasters. Good luck in your hunt!

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I'm thinking it's the growing use of trim machines, cheaper overhead for the growers.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

That is just one small facet. It is greed and a lack of devotion to the plant. Pure and simple.

Agreed. It's a shame, but for the most part an increase in volume leads to a decrease in quality.

I was hankering for a nice "go on about your day" sativa and picked up a $12 gram from a dispo/Rec spot. No flavor to it and a lousy cure to boot, burned black. I can't help but think that the average consumer, who doesn't have experience with the plant, will be unable to grasp a true difference in quality.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

The cannabis consumer leaarning surve spans about 7 years. So in 2020 Portland may see lots of kind aagain, but mass mids for now.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I have browsed these dispensaries of recreational and medical marijuana from rockaway beach to Gresham to Hillsboro to Salem. What I personally have experienced, I compare it to walking into a 7-11 and buying a pack of cigarettes ( I don't smoke ). It all looks the same and has no character. I even bought top shelf shit and I mean shit it still sits in its package. But the edibles were good.

Trixxi

Trixxi

We have traded quality for convenience. Once in awhile you come upon a really good strain ... But not necessarily worth looking through the haystack for that needle

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I went to three dispensaries yesterday.
Chosen at random based on proximity.
All had identical layout.
Entry room where Id is logged,then entry into the retail area.
Sales attendant then shows the goods.
Many products I didn't know much about.
The buds on the other hand were transparent.
Always a collection of jars for inspection.
Often labeled as to thc cbd content.
All smelled nice.
All buds looked identical. That over trimmed look into have wondered about.
Bought joints made from strains I have heard of for between 5 and 12 each.
Haven't had time to test much, but I like what I sampled thus far.

Why do all the buds look the same?
Come on farmers, educate me.
You in town again? Hit me up I'll show you a great spot, not far from where last we met.

Top Bottom