Deficiency?

• Thread starter katelyn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MGRox

MGRox

Ok. I believe that is soilless not soil. It's basically a peat-lite mix with some sticks. Evidently there is some bad info around it being too fine, containing reed sedge and causing poor growth.
Nonetheless, it may be better to run that medium closer to hydro ranges (5.8-6.0)since it is not technically soil. If so, that should fix your issues without changing anything.

katelyn

katelyn

Ok. I believe that is soilless not soil. It's basically a peat-lite mix with some sticks. Evidently there is some bad info around it being too fine, containing reed sedge and causing poor growth.
Nonetheless, it may be better to run that medium closer to hydro ranges (5.8-6.0)since it is not technically soil. If so, that should fix your issues without changing anything.
I actually have heard that also about the soil. I will get the ph Down and let you guys know how she's making out :)

Dunge

Dunge

I use a calcium sulfate spray on my tomatoes to guard against end rot.
Should work for you if deficiency persists.
Your deficiency may have been 'event driven' from weeks ago.
So take care not to chase a historic problem.

katelyn

katelyn

Also my
thank you I will keep in close mind :)

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

No... high humidity will stop water flow (and nutrient flow), from the roots to the leaves. High humidity will also cause water droplets to form on the edges of the leaves.

Low humidity will cause leaf curling to minimize water loss, and the stomata will close which will inhibit CO2 and stunt the growth... leaves will be crispy.

Actually... contrary to popular belief in the cannabis community, the highest quality, trichome dense cannabis, comes from low humidity and low temps. The crispyness people see with 'low humidity' is when their nutrients are too rich for the high transpiration rate and/or the temps are too high. When cannabis uses transpiration for both hydrating and cooling, it's too much and health issues arise.

Canopy temps at 72F max
Humidity at 30% max, prefer 25%

Look up trichome bearing plants and the environmental triggers for how many trichomes they produce in a given area. It's the same for all trichome bearing plants, of which cannabis is one. :)

cropped-jar-in-sunlight-twista.jpg

Douglas

ken dog

ken dog

Good info Douglas... Here's a link to support your view regarding higher trichome production, and lower humidity in certain cannabis strains.
.https://autoflower-portal.net/thc-synthesis-and-factors-that-affect-synthesis/

Fair use excerpt:

According to some authors THC and other components act like a barrier to water loss in dry environment. Other authors have observed that increased THC production is characteristic for places with short rainfall periods, low humidity and sunny climate.

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Good info Douglas... Here's a link to support your view regarding higher trichome production, and lower humidity in certain cannabis strains.
.https://autoflower-portal.net/thc-synthesis-and-factors-that-affect-synthesis/

Fair use excerpt:

According to some authors THC and other components act like a barrier to water loss in dry environment. Other authors have observed that increased THC production is characteristic for places with short rainfall periods, low humidity and sunny climate.
Good find :) Thank you.

The evaporating, transpired water is trapped by the trichomes in a micro-climate layer, next to the plant. This is done to keep hydration levels high enough in dry conditions. The drier the environment, the higher the trichome density (more trichs per square inch) to trap a denser micro-climate.

Pretty cool stuff. :)

Douglas

katelyn

katelyn

Some good info guys. Either of u grow outdoors I've got 3 females outdoors and some spots in leaves from pests chewing. Any advice for organic insectides that aren't harmful to us?

IMG 20160729 154547
Douglas.C

Douglas.C

1. Find the source of the pests if you can. Treating them now won't help much if you have infestations 100' away.

2. Safer's 3-in-1 for pests you identify it works with.

3. Mites? Put them on a table, tip them to the side, so they drip on the ground, not in your soil pots. Spray them heavily with water with an ounce of isopropyl alcohol per gallon. Rinse with R/O water and give it a shake.

The iso and water will dissolve webs and kill the living. It will also kill roots, keep it out of the root zone, reason for the rinse and tipping to the side. Repeat every 3 days for 2 weeks and you'll be fine. :)

Iso fumes are bad for the lungs, iso is bad for humans. Breathe clean air and use ethanol for cannabis extractions. ;)

Douglas

katelyn

katelyn

Well all I've seen so far is random greem bugs and no webbing I've been paying close attention to that I think its leaf eaters and BTW I've been using the organic 3 in 1 insecticide from walmart . here's the major damage None worse then that

IMG 20160729 154522
Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Don't know, I use safer's. I'm not familiar with outdoor bugs, is it something you can stop from crawling up the plant with tanglefoot? Works for most crawly things.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Well all I've seen so far is random greem bugs and no webbing I've been paying close attention to that I think its leaf eaters and BTW I've been using the organic 3 in 1 insecticide from walmart . here's the major damage None worse then that
Most insects are beneficial – among this group are those that are generalists. Generalist predators feed on a wide variety of pest insects and, like mammalian predators, only harm their prey while leaving the plants untouched. Generalists are found both above and below ground and include Assassin Bugs, Green Lacewing, Ladybugs, Praying Mantids and Beneficial Nematodes.

http://www.arbico-organics.com/category/beneficial-insects-generalists

katelyn

katelyn

Most insects are beneficial – among this group are those that are generalists. Generalist predators feed on a wide variety of pest insects and, like mammalian predators, only harm their prey while leaving the plants untouched. Generalists are found both above and below ground and include Assassin Bugs, Green Lacewing, Ladybugs, Praying Mantids and Beneficial Nematodes.

http://www.arbico-organics.com/category/beneficial-insects-generalists
Great I'll look into this thank you!

Homesteader

Homesteader

This is my guess on the culprit. I wouldn't be overly concerned but keep an eye out.

Top Bottom