A/c Runnoff Water Ok For Dwc?

• Thread starter LuccaDaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Hey man I have a water softner. Its like the size of a gallon of milk...its hooked on the mainline into the house. Is that still ok to use? Tap has about a 200ppm I beleive. Im using 4 gallon carboys to collect the a/c runoff. Think I should mix half an half? Half tap, half ac unit water?
Anyone able to shed light on this subject now that we know I have a water softener?

ken dog

ken dog

Anybody wanna reply to my last posts in this thread?

It depends on what you have... If it is a water softener, then yes... calcium and magnesium and other minerals are attracted to the salt (Sodium Chloride), and Sodium will be released into the water.
I doubt you have a descaler or a magnetic device... Here's a link.
http://home.howstuffworks.com/question99.htm

Fair use excerpt:

Descaling offers an alternative to water softening. Whereas a water softener removes the problem (minerals in the water), a descaler addresses the damage caused by the problem (scale buildup). You will sometimes see ads for "salt-free water softeners," which are actually descalers, or for magnetic water softeners, which remain unproven and don't change the chemical composition of water, so buyer beware [source: Powell].

Last edited:
LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

It depends on what you have... If it is a water softener, then yes... calcium and magnesium and other minerals are attracted to the salt (Sodium Carbonate), and Sodium will be released into the water.
I doubt you have a descaler or a magnetic device... Here's a link.
http://home.howstuffworks.com/question99.htm

Fair use excerpt:

Descaling offers an alternative to water softening. Whereas a water softener removes the problem (minerals in the water), a descaler addresses the damage caused by the problem (scale buildup). You will sometimes see ads for "salt-free water softeners," which are actually descalers, or for magnetic water softeners, which remain unproven and don't change the chemical composition of water, so buyer beware [source: Powell].
Ok bro well when I get home...im finding the unit an gonna post a picture. Gonna findnout if my tap is ok.......i just need a better source than buying from the store....lol...this is clearly gotten alittle over blown. I appreciate everyons input....remember everybody, pat yourself on the back for offering to help. At the end of the day, the fact you chose to help bring alittle good karma

SL8R

SL8R

I've been using my ac r-o water for half first grow and now this grow... Mine is at 50 ppms and never changes I always change and clean bucket . my tap water is 170ppm kind of high in iron shows in pool. The oils in ac unit will show if its in water. I'm not proving nothing but its working for me ...

ken dog

ken dog

Yep... plenty of people do it... Doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it.
Not for me though.

What meter are you using that reads down to 50 PPMs?... My Bluelab starts at 100, (700 scale).

Last edited:
sixstring

sixstring

Heres what im using

Hm makes good affordable meters,nice work.
I dont personally like using softened water on plants.most of them use salt and it ends up in the water and throws off your feeds badly.
But you CAN drink it,as well as drinking your dehuy water and of course ac runoff,if'n ya dont mind drinking water 10 x cleaner than whats coming out of your tap :)

ken dog

ken dog

... contaminated with whatever is floating around in the air at any given time.

AND. .. without a sterilizing agent (like chlorine), to disinfect it.

So no... you CAN'T drink it.

G gnome

G gnome

Sounds like somebodys been drinkin too much fluoridated tap water. Haha

So what? It may or may not have a lil bacteria in it. Ya fuckin breath the air dont ya?
What did ever do w/o chlorine in our water?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Hey man I have a water softner. Its like the size of a gallon of milk...its hooked on the mainline into the house. Is that still ok to use? Tap has about a 200ppm I beleive. Im using 4 gallon carboys to collect the a/c runoff. Think I should mix half an half? Half tap, half ac unit water?

Yo man sorry for the late reply. If your softener is on the main then yes, and 200ppm tap cut 50/50 with condensate will work great I ran that way for a long time til the city said I couldn't steal water (apparently even condensate in your own closed system counts as rainwater, even if you aren't using the tap or building plumbing).

What is your tap water like without the softener? If you can dilute it to 200 ppm or lower you should be gravy.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Ok, milling over this topic again. Had a discution with my heating and A/C contractor I use. Environmental air is pulled through the A/C coils. In this process the moist coils collects all smaller spores, gases and environmental pollution. Witch in turn is collected on the coils and drains into the trap. All of the larger particulates that pass through the coils are collected by your dry filter that. Thus giving you cleaner cooled air to your environment. Depending on where you live you have no idea what is being deposited into the trap that holds that condensating fluid. I wouldn't call it distilled water or water at all. I would consider it a sewer that is collecting environmental waist . I have nothing to back up any facts obviously because there are no tests that have been done to test the spectrum of hazards that have been deposited into these systems. Just sayin. No attacks please. I'm very sensative.

sixstring

sixstring

if you guys think its cool to drink human shit and piss then drink all the city water you can get your hands on because most cities use everything you flush down your toilet to make your drinking water lol.they just filter the large poop particles and add a lil chlorine and wala,city water,yummy yummy fer ma tummy :) thank god im on my own well and also am able to have enough of it to not have to drink my ac runoff,why are we still talking about this ? the question was can you use it for your grow.my answer is yes you can,been doing it for alot of years as has many others here.and im pretty sure its cleaner than any fucking bottled nutes including any organics in bottles (lol) and it sure as hell is cleaner than ANY bagged soil or coco so why wouldnt you use it? by the way,your nose and lungs filter those same air particles that your ac coil filters,whatever that means.omg this has gone incredibly stupid.
@1diesel1 with that info you posted,it would appear anyone running a sealed room with good air quality should in fact have perfectly awesome water coming from the ac coils.my dirty room,unsealed and never ever cleaned puts out 6 to 8ppm ac and dehuy water so im gunna keep using it,too wasteful not to.and my ro discharge goes out my building right on top of a huge maple tree and it looks awesome and for the record i make maple syrup from that tree every year :happy:

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I'm just fuckin with you guys, I'm not sensative at all give it to me!!

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Geez......turning my phone back off. Will re read this stuff tommorow, beer an bongs.....and leftovers won over yer beatchasses.....holla at yo boi tommarrow. PEACE!!!!

Top Bottom