• Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
15253475 1410349312329701 7831602065624843660 n

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Yesterday a guy I know from down the road a couple miles from me came by with a nice sack for me. Before going he offered me some seeds. Said it was some of the very best strains he's ever grown . Being the seed hoe I am I took them. After he left I went inside all excited and looking forward to having a few new strains to try that I guess have become very popular with local growers. When I opened the little paper bag I found 6 packs of seeds with my label on them ! He had made fresh seed from these strains and gave me what he had left. In one way it was a let down as I'd been hearing how good this guys stuff was and on the other hand it was a complement.

destructo

destructo

Slowly catching up, page 96/184.

Sounds like you need to make yourself a new super strain and name it MARKS-CASTLE, something with a very distinct flavor so people will know its yours and so your name can live on for generations in the cannabis community. Currently i'm reading Jack Herer's The Emperor Wears No Clothes and its reminding me of smoking some Jack Herer back in the day.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Not sure about naming a strain after myself. I've been involved with breading strains and vending off and on for 50 + years. I have already made a place for myself in the industry a few times I think. Started out with Sunshine seeds before working with Sacred Seeds, later I was MC Seeds. Although I've made a lot of strains , most aren't directly connected to me.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I went to get water from the creek before the rain started up again. Two trees down on the road in. Got the big oak cleared up and got around s large pine tree but couldn't keep my chainsaw running to have it all cut into firewood size. When I did get to the creek my pump was broken. Yesterday I got some parts and ordered the rest for the pump. I also bought a new Honda water pump so I'll have a back up. To late to get water bu the time I got back from town and raining for the next week now. Think I'll do a laundry run and pick up some dvd's to watch this week. Really like to get as much done this winter while it's not hot bit there are so many down days!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Fallowing the county supervisors meetings on 64 vs. measure A, at this time talks are still in play as to what codes will be to 64. It seems that the plant area of 50 sq. ft. per person and no more than 150 sq. ft. per property is separate from 64 which by state law allows 6 plants. It is possible , as of now to grow both 150 sq. ft. and 6 plants. that means unless the county counters it in some way, you could grow between 12 and 14 adult plants to harvest legally in Butte county. they have yet to even address commercial grows under 64 in Butte Co. Remember that even if caught over ,it is a fine at tops for violations.

zeke

zeke

Best thread ever. I've finally made it through five + yrs of continuing Saga. After reading all that I feel almost like I was there struggling with you. Still rocking the same spot probably already planned this season too. Too cool.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I guess I should do an update. Winter has been hard but battling through it ok. still need to de-bone my stash but no hurry as prices have way to clime before I`ll get rid of it anyway. Not even trying yet. greenhouse took some wind damage but nothing I can`t fix. The road to the spring has some erosion and need to run the tractor and box a scraper over it but winter isn`t done messing it up yet. Lots of snowing but nothing on the ground anymore. Just cold at night and ran off and on. Yep still thinking of buying different property but unlikely I`ll be able to move until next year even if I find the right property in the right price range. I`m thinking maybe one more grow here, this time with more security in the Fall. should start some seeds soon so I have time to sex them for the grow. Rather start from seeds as the clones I`ve found were not as advertised even if they did end up good. I`d rather use my vast avialible genetics than be guessing what the real strains I got were. Not sure what I`ll do with my 10 acres if I buy other property. I could rent it for growing meds or sell it. not sure yet. It would be good for growing or hunting property , but way to much $ would be needed to make it into a regular small farm. I could get maybe 2 acres of leveled land out of the ten acres. It does have plenty of available water from the spring/creek. but the soil is very poor . I`d need to get the road over the creek clear the forest and do some leveling and still would only have 1.5-2 acres of usable land with sun. I`d like 5 acres of usable land so I can have room enough to make a small farm. prefer to have land a little lower down the hill and closer to town to farm on.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Man I Been so sick from the flue! Just getting over it in time to be at the hospital to see my first granddaughter delivered later this morning! All the flowers are de- boned and the t4 twister is set up, tuned clean and running. Had to stop to clean it after 4 units run for fear it would freeze up from being gummed up so bad from the sticky- icky! Have to Waite to run it again. Takes two passes but trims real good!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I should have enough $ by late spring to acquire better property to make a small scale farm on, however I won`t have enough improvements ready to make a move. Therefore It`s time to think about starting some seeds. If I`m going to grow here again after being ripped I`ll need to beef up my security and make sure I have enough help that my garden is under watch 24/7 come Fall.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Proud Grandpa of a healthy baby girl ! First grand daughter! Thought I might miss the arrival after a battle with the flue but it passed in time to be there. Now time to get some work done around here!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Spring is here and I got a ton to do! Pine needles, cones, weeds! Got to do repairs on the greenhouse from winter and clean up the spring the roads all need work and soil needs worked up some more! Starting seeds tonight!

Latest posts

Top Bottom