Open Letter To Soco Growers/workers. Response To New Resolution

• Thread starter Simple
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Simple

To the people of soco. Specifically Marijuana growers and Workers, board members and commissioners of Walsenburg.

Are you rich? Do you own a big expensive house. I dont. And neither does most of our county.

So why are you trying to destroy our people and invite profits for big corporations? Why are you outlawing small poor farmers who can make a better life for themselves only if you worked with them and they could grow Marijuana? We voted for Marijuana. You need to provide the people an ability to make a living for themselves not to mention cultivate something legally that not only naturally alleviates pain so our soldiers can feel and be better, but kills cancer.

Hueferno county is broke. Drunken. And relying on big corporations and big promises to help bring us out of economic peril.

The resolution to remove the ability to apply for a permitted agricultural building (Greenhouse) to grow Marijuana for personal use or legal distribution is not only a attack against our liberties in this free country, but a final blow to the economy and regular people of Walsenburg.

Development comes from within ones community, from the ground up. There is no trickle down in the trickle down theory.

The country out there is worth way more than how we treat it. Free grazing cows shitting all over, infecting our water. Oil companies chomping at the bit to plunder then blow out the earth and poison our water. Real estate developers trying to buy out all the land so they can put up more cookie cutter dream homes for people who live in dubai or China so they can summer or winter here.

When I see broke down not running cars and trucks, that breaks my heart. Most wealthy people will drive by and say to themselves 'dumb redneck can't fix anything.' But the reality of that broke down truck, or car, or house, or farm, or store is that even if they have the ability to fix it we dont have the money to buy the parts.

When I see people biking with water jugs and torn clothes to water gatherings of rain runoff, I want to help. You should want to help too! There is not much different from extreme rural and etxtreme urban. We're all in poverty and broke!

People need jobs for themselves. Not just jobs to paying someone else the rewards of their hard labor.

The board believes that if you don't already have a nice house built then you might as well render your land useless. And if you want to grow Marijuana even for your personal use. You are not welcome here in Huerferno County.

Then what in God's name is that gigantic greenhouse off the side of the highway doing there? Or the one off i25 or the new one off the highway where I drive by with my daughter and son when we go to the waterpark. Am I supposed to tell my kids that those guys can grow next to their play park but I can't grow on our ag zoned farm? THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE!!

THE BOARD AND COMMISIONERS have to do something for the small farmer. Inviting only people with money creates monoculture. Which then creates disease, viruses spread, and bacterial infections take hold. With big greenhouses comes synthetic chemicals in our water. Then runoff will slowly make all our cows sick. Then we will turn this town to a ghost town.

So invite your big companies and squash the mom and pop quality microgrowery. But if you do so, your economy will only grow with inflation not prosperity. You will get your rich people who don't care about the culture or your community. And the businesses that do will gladly accept the monopoly you create for them.

Where are all the hip bars, cool concert halls, nice Shiney hipster apartment buildings? Where are the people who work in these greenhouses supposed to live? Just in tiny houses. Or in the horrible nasty houses or old broke down apartments in town. In one community in one space. No right to choose your own lot. Or build your own future or your own garden. That is unacceptable! We need change. We need options for low income housing not cult communities.

What are all the people living in rvs supposed to do as you've changed the codes by which they live by? Just move? What is your resolution for homelessness? For them to all buy a tiny house like an apartment living 5 ft from another stranger? No thank you.

Keep the country, country! Let them turn with the times and develop their broke down farms to profitable farming operations. We need to get over the stigma that Marijuana has. It's a plant. That CAN'T kill you! Robbery. Theft. Jealousy. That CAN kill you and by outlawing Marijuana you create more of just that, robbery, theft, jealousy and guns protecting people's lives and livelihood.

Life is about freedom and the pursuit of happiness. We need to repeal this new regulation outlawing small growers. We need to legalize marijuana. I thought we already did? If we outlaw we will only intise more outlaws that create a bigger black market and create a more violent community.

Let us make a permit that allows for you to grow, if you want to grow marijuana for personal use or legal Caregiver distribution you have to buy a permit to do so. Under 12 plants is $500 and you have to sign the same waiver to allow access to local law enforcement wherever you grow. Under 99 plants is a $2000 dollar license and make it that the grower has to submit who they are caregiving for and how much they are giving to that patient.

That way, you create an ability for the small farmer, who doesn't want anything to do with the marijuana culture, to just farm. By outlawing you force people to go to specific places to buy a specific product and that my people is monopoly.

We want prosperity dont we! We want a good life! We have to work for it while the regulations and rules are made. I'm here to offer my high education intellect and social resources in order to develop change that better the people of our community.

souf69

souf69

I thought that county was friendly too. Guess I better read up.

M

mendel

I looked at the pueblo chieftain website and didnt find shit. Im in the dark over here, which is not unusual......lol

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I looked at the pueblo chieftain website and didnt find shit. Im in the dark over here, which is not unusual......lol
You aren't the only one. I'm not sure if this is related to the pot campus proposed, or perhaps pueblo county rules 200 or 300?
http://www.thecannabist.co/2016/10/28/pueblo-question-200-marijuana-repeal/66378/

However, I think this is probably more pertinent, but I would rather ask the OP to confirm.
http://www.thecannabist.co/2016/04/15/illegal-pot-grows-increase-colorado/52072/
'Pirate grows' traced to organized crime with out-of-state ties; the illicit marijuana is being shipped across the nation

edit: I think I found it.
http://www.huerfano.us/uploads/land-use-office/regulations/PH Notice-2017-02-14-Sec 18 & 19.pdf
(Page 4/5 is jaw dropping whiskey tango foxtrot type shit)

If that doesn't work, try here and find the link.

Last edited:
M

mendel

Alright LGG, thanks for ferreting out the facts in this case. It appears the rules apply to commerical marijuana and hemp operations. I wonder how this would apply to medical grows for personal use and caregiver ops. I do not know if caregiver ops are considered commerical, but id think they wouldnt be.

I dont live in huerfano, but im still glad im 20 miles from town, and 3 miles to my closest neighbor.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Alright LGG, thanks for ferreting out the facts in this case. It appears the rules apply to commerical marijuana and hemp operations. I wonder how this would apply to medical grows for personal use and caregiver ops. I do not know if caregiver ops are considered commerical, but id think they wouldnt be.

I dont live in huerfano, but im still glad im 20 miles from town, and 3 miles to my closest neighbor.
IANAL, but if profits are involved, then I don't think it's considered private, personal or caregiver legal. I'm pretty certain I didn't say that correctly.

"Unobtrusive: when used in this document means not conspicuous or attracting the attention of more than five diverse individuals." - What the fuck does this mean?

"Each applicant shall furnish a liability insurance policy satisfactory to the County, which includes the County, its Officers, Employees and Contractors as insured parties, and further indemnifies them against claims by other parties..." - This seems to negate the potential liability that went away when the supreme court ruled that cops don't have to babysit pot from drug busts. The biggest argument I saw from LEO was that they were in violation of federal law by being required to hold stolen marijuana or items taken during a 'drug bust' or whatever the fine print said.

"At a minimum 51% of a facility's annual payroll shall be attributable to employees or independent contactors permanently residing within Huerfano County. As a condition of approval, the principal agrees to furnish an affidavit listing the number of Huerfano County Employees and the percentage of wages they received." - What the fuck?

Requiring a water tap from a community within 3.5 miles? It took our subdevelopment in douglas county nearly 25 years to get permits for new water taps and even that just got approved last fall along with the Sterling Ridge development.

I guess we can cross off Huerfano off the list of MJ friendly counties, if it's on there at all.

M

mendel

Profit as far as caregiving goes has been rather ambiguous in the past, ive seen cost of production talk, whereas labor is a cost of production. Is this considered profit, I really dont know. Could a 501-3c entity expect an exemption?

Unobstructive ....5 diversive individuals........I guess that means 5 independent from each other folks cant see or smell it?

Doesnt the county already have some type of liability insurance. This would be a moot point with the new ruling leo wasnt liable for maintaining or returning. Im fucked on this one, id have to ask my attorney.

3.5 miles of water pipeline is expensive as fuck, as I can attest. 3 years ago we ran 13 miles of line to have live water for livestock in all our pastures. We didnt get permits, just did it and didnt make a big deal,/say anything to the 'peeps'. Farm country can be cool like that. it looks to me like municiplaities want to make $$ selling water to these ops. You could concievably get the tap, pay the minimum, and haul your water in for pennies on the dollar.

Yea fuck the hell out of that shit. Thank god for legalization, what a fucking joke, they should have just called it what it was, tax and regulate. This word play bullshit is killing me, legalization indeed, just more big govt oversight.

Ive got news for those assholes too. 5 miles isnt far enough to keep a hemp op from pollinating a medical grow. Not with the soco winds.

Last edited:
M

mendel

This pipeline bullshit really bugs me. What if a grower obtained the hemp permit and wanted to grow hemp under a previously installed circle sprinkler irrigation system.

I must admit i have entertained this idea, but stopped short as the hemp seed available here in co doesnt have the uniformity of thc production (lack of) to the degree id feel comfortable investing much capital in cultivating, w the potential of having to burn or shred it w the john deere. The planting rate is 2 lb seed per acre btw, and an axial flow planter with sorghum plates would work perfectly. Lack of processing facilities is also a problem.

What if the farmer wanted to grow dryland hemp? Do you still need a tap? No thanks I carry a water jug in the pickup.

This thing is a pile of shit.

And no grandfather clause?

Looks to be designed to deter any production at all.....

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Profit as far as caregiving goes has been rather ambiguous in the past, ive seen cost of production talk, whereas labor is a cost of production. Is this considered profit, I really dont know. Could a 501-3c entity expect an exemption?

Unobstructive ....5 diversive individuals........I guess that means 5 independent from each other folks cant see or smell it?

Doesnt the county already have some type of liability insurance. This would be a moot point with the new ruling leo wasnt liable for maintaining or returning. Im fucked on this one, id have to ask my attorney.

3.5 miles of water pipeline is expensive as fuck, as I can attest. 3 years ago we ran 13 miles of line to have live water for livestock in all our pastures. We didnt get permits, just did it and didnt make a big deal,/say anything to the 'peeps'. Farm country can be cool like that. it looks to me like municiplaities want to make $$ selling water to these ops. You could concievably get the tap, pay the minimum, and haul your water in for pennies on the dollar.

Yea fuck the hell out of that shit. Thank god for legalization, what a fucking joke, they should have just called it what it was, tax and regulate. This word play bullshit is killing me, legalization indeed, just more big govt oversight.

Ive got news for those assholes too. 5 miles isnt far enough to keep a hemp op from pollinating a medical grow. Not with the soco winds.
I don't think there is any protection with a 501-3c, especially given the negative recent developments with regards to not changing the federal schedule for pot. In my view, as long as there are taxes paid, it's federal, and therefore under the purview or jurisdiction of the feds. But you are right, this would be best answered by an attorney.

Five diverse individuals is open to a broad interpretation, which I find troubling. The liability insurance is just there to screw the person who has to pay the premium, I can't see another reason.

The issues that I saw with our water issues is one of right-of-way, as well as piggy backing. Since the water pipeline got approved and gained the right-of-way, now there are cable companies, utilities, etc, all looking to stack their lines on top of or below the water line that's being installed. Trying to work out who gets what portion of a three foot trench is surprisingly difficult, everyone wants to bury their fiber but nobody wants to be the one digging the trench.

In our area, since we are on wells, we don't have the option to purchase water from a muni, but that would be nice. That's the reason that we're building the pipeline. Pops has had to truck in water for the last two years to supplement the well going dry, and having 2500 gallons delivered by truck is not cheap, especially for a horse property. I am a strong believer in the 'it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.' plus it's easy to act stupid. Our cost for our portion of the line is about 5 million, 30-75k per property. Not cheap, but still more affordable than re-drilling, and it's a one time cost. The price of living near the city.

I think @lino and his squad of drones could wreak havoc with larger outdoor grows if he wanted to ruin someone's pot party with hemp pollen.
Related and interesting read:

excerpt:
Both plant types – marijuana and industrial hemp – can be dieocious, which is to say they can be either exclusively male or exclusively female; and they can also be monoecious, which is to say they can have the staminate (i.e. the male pollen-producing part) and pistillate (i.e. the female ovum-producing part) on the same plant. However, marijuana is a high-resin crop generally planted about four feet apart for its medicine or narcotic rich leaves and buds, whereas industrial hemp is a low-resin crop generally planted about four inches apart for its versatile stalk and seed. The different kinds of marijuana are classified as “strains” and the different kinds of industrial hemp are classified as “varieties” and “cultivars.”

Industrial hemp is non-psychoactive with a higher ratio of CBD to THC, thus smoking even several acres of it will not result in achieving a high; conversely, only a memorable headache is achieved, regardless of Herculean effort. Marijuana flower production and industrial hemp production cultivation processes are distinctly different. Finally, there is no such thing as a plant or plant species known as “Cannabis hemp” and “hemp” is not a synonym for “marijuana,” “pot,” or “ganja,” etc. Botanists have argued for ages over whether a separate plant species “Cannabis indica” exists, and that age-old debate is not being addressed here.

The significant difference between the two types that effects cross-pollination and legitimately frightens marijuana growers is that hemp plants go to seed fairly quickly and would thus pollinate any marijuana plants growing in the same field or in a nearby field. This is botanically analogous to field corn and sweet corn, one of which is grown for human consumption, and one of which is grown for animal consumption. Corn producers take great measures to prevent any cross-pollination between their field and sweet corns; including growing the different varieties of corn at different times or making sure there is sufficient distance between the different fields. Either way, these corn producers do what is necessary to ensure that pollen carrying the dominant gene for starch synthesis is kept clear of cornsilks borne on plants of the recessive (sweet) variety.

Cross-pollination of hemp with marijuana would significantly reduce the potency of the marijuana plants. While hemp farmers are not going to want marijuana cross-pollinating with their hemp and increasing their hemp’s THC content, it would be entirely more disastrous for the marijuana grower if hemp were to cross-pollinate with their marijuana due to the cost of producing and value of selling medical and adult-use marijuana. The concern is real. The concern is valid. But the concern does not merit the level of hysteria that appears to have arisen in Washington. We must take a note from Kentucky.

souf69

souf69

I do believe almost all the water down south is pretty much spoken for, and maybe paid for. The exception is for the people to live, not farm, or maybe farm over a certain amount of space. Anything more complicates things. I do believe medically you can still grow what you think is medically up to 99 ladies, or no? Thats alotta of ladies.....

lino

lino

I think @lino and his squad of drones could wreak havoc with larger outdoor grows if he wanted to ruin someone's pot party with hemp pollen.
Related and interesting read:

excerpt:
Both plant types – marijuana and industrial hemp – can be dieocious, which is to say they can be either exclusively male or exclusively female; and they can also be monoecious, which is to say they can have the staminate (i.e. the male pollen-producing part) and pistillate (i.e. the female ovum-producing part) on the same plant.

The scientific nomenclature of cannabis

Scientist sold their soles to the Gov to scientifically reName Cannabis a few decades ago. HEMP is not a term for Cannabis. WRONG TERM given by scientist a few decades ago cuz the GOV gave big buck to reName low grade cannabis to HEMP!
Ive Read many of the bull shit books about the migration and history of the European and American naming cannabis to HEMP, those books are WRONG again.

1000's of years ago, primitive man, natives to the land, named cannabinus (not cannabis) to the name (Indian Red Hemp). Very similar to cannabis. Ive been to tribes in seattle and florida looking for real Indian Red Hemp (not pot). There is also pure strain in India/Pakistan.
Marco Polo, Columbus, Egyptians and the like got it wrong, they saw Indian Red Hemp and thought they were looking at cannabis but they made a mistake. Thats was wrong long ago. Paid scientist not long ago brought the term Hemp into the Family Cannabaceae – Hemp family LOL.
Hemp is actually a member of the Family Malvaceae – Mallow family is the Genus Hibisus L. – rosemallow in this Genus and in this genus is the Species cannabinus L. – brown Indianhemp. THATs WHERE the TERM HEMP came from. It was used as a strain and cultivar name in the Mallow family.

monoecious - some define as you stated. I dont define it that way.
IMO
Cannabis is not a perfect flower plant Therefore it can not be a monoecious propagator in other words monoecious plants have blooms that are bisexual ( a "Perfect Flower" ). The reproduction occurs within the individual flowers. In a sense, we can say that this kind of plant takes the independence of the monoecious plant one step further. The pollination process is self-contained -- not just within the scope of a single plant, but within a single flower. Dieoecious breeding techniques can be used to manipulate plant breeding in cannabis.

Drones,
Lots of growers in Hasty, Las Animas, La junta, Rocky Ford colo are getting specs of seeds. Pollen is coming from legal hemp fields. But again, to bomb ppl or grn houses it would be cheap and easier to use a RC balloon than a flock of drones. its easy for law enforcement to knock out you drone/RC controllers to the drone. So cops hate flocks of drones that are programmed to perform missions with no remote controllers, hard to stop all the drones in a flocks of 100's or 1000's of drones attacking or defending programmed for missions. Dronesprogrammed for missions with gas motors are hard to stop.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I would think that you'd get a much higher return if you sold your soul rather than your soles.

I'm sorry.

S

Simple

Thank u to all for weighin in. I hope my signal of the govs bs rules can help people get organized. Cause my fuckin head hurts. The amount of regulations and zoning codes I have read in the past two weeks hurt my head but I love this plant...so...

There's a meeting tomorrow in regards to Marijuana and hemp production.

I have read all of the links provided and I can tell you for sure there is some one profiting behind these new rules and regulations. The county is very Marijuana friendly. There is a HUGE greenhouse off 160. So in my opinion the board and commissioners (just like any county) are seeing profits and most likely pay offs from the big players. I found that in late 2015 there was some sort of transportation fed grant they got. And then board and commissioner changed. Simply people who don't like Marijuana but are willing to play the game if it brings money. That's like the fucking story of small farmers getting bypased around the world. I'm tired of people thinking we should all smoke Mcweeds commercial crap.

So really I'm perplexed. One to have a permit for over 12 plants. Anything over 12 without a conditional use permit is an illegal grow. Which is bs. Not what we voted for. And then rules upon rules upon rules. I can't decide wether to make my voice heard more or grow as a hermit millitant again.

I just feel as though this will continue to happen until full legalization happen so which I'm beginning to think is further off in time than I hoped.

I've talked to many people around the county and many are prepared to haul in water. Grow trees. And try to jump through hoops just as we did 10 years ago when this all started.

Also. I know there are some people who work for these big grows who don't give a shit. I'd like those workers to reassess their stance on supporting commercial corporate Marijuana. If you think you're cool and u work for one of these big grows. I'm sorry if u don't help the small mom and pop...u can go fuck yourself.

The small hermit is the one who gave these asshats good genetics anyways. It's time to teach a few fucktards to stand up for what this Marijuana culture should be about.

Top Bottom