Help! Seeds Just Popped And They Are Brown-ish

• Thread starter NewEngland
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NewEngland

NewEngland

I planted 2 Black Russians and 2 Pineapple Chunks from Seeds Supreme in the Netherlands and both are feminized. they were planted 5 days ago and sprouted last night (day 5) 3 of the 4 of have sprouted. The seeds were planted in a mixture of perlite an vermiculite. Were watered at time of planing with a 5.8pH water solution consisting of 2.5ml/gallon of Great White, 5ml/gallon of GH Root Starter an 5ml/Gallon of SOUL Grow.

Look how brown they are as they emerge. Have kept the medium moist but not wet and have subsequently watered marginally (maybe 1-2 tablespoons/each) yesterday and again today with untested poland spring bottled water.

Any advise on next steps? Temps are 68-70 with heat mat and humidity id 48-52%.

Thanks for all your commentary. Goes without saying - I'm a NOOB

iKharon

iKharon

Imo, you don't "feed" seeds.. you water for first week or two. Just my way about it.. no right or wrong.. no exact way.. but the seed doesn't need feeding. Prolly a nute overload

iKharon

iKharon

Hard to tell man.. I'll leave this for someone else's guess.

Bannacis

Bannacis

They look toasted... do not feed seedlings, plus in just perlite and vermiculite there is no buffering like if you added soil promix (peat based). so with feeding and bottled spring water, which happens to have mixed minerals in it...so with nutes and water you fried them.
Use a pre mix soil...something with out added nutes for seedlings. first couple weeks no nutes needed.

Top Bottom