This Coming Season Prep & Soil Mix

• Thread starter monstacropn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
monstacropn

monstacropn

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm totally pumped up for this season! Please remember I'm in accordance with California laws and fallow them to a "T!" Ok for the size it's 19 feet wide and 43 feet long. Each plant will have 2.5 feet in each direction to spread out and all are surrounded with watering motes, these motes are leveled out to drain at the lowest end of field, to prevent water saturation, stagnant water, and root drowning. Leveling it out was a hard and tedious task.
The soil, is composed of 3 10 lb bags of small pearl lite & 1 15 lb. bag of large, 4 20 lbs bags of chicken manure, 7 20 lbs. bags of steer manure, 5 40 lbs bags of non-nutrient potting soil, 1 40 lb bag of rose bloom soil rich with bone meal, and shredded news paper to attract worms and their castings. This sounds like a large amount of additives but for the area used it may even be light. It smelled great too " sarcasm" anyways after spreading it all even over grow area I rototilled it with 2 separate laps of 2 thoroughly mix all making a kickass soil mix!
The field itself is aligned for maximum sunlight and out of the public eye and will be fenced off to keep out children, thieves, and animals. I would like to thank you for your time and any ideas you might have!
This coming season prep  soil mix
This coming season prep  soil mix 2

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

How many plants? What kind of strains? If you are planning on planting them in each square you would be severely over crowded and likely to cause problems. Or maybe planting in the moat crosses? That wouldn't be bad. Interesting idea with the moat, not sure if its really necessary if you have a soft aerated medium..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have to agree with Mirror, you need to triple the amount of space you plan on giving each plant or it's gonna be hell trying to tend them once they start getting really big.

@MirrorZen that looks like SoCal hard clay, so the moat is a good idea. :)

iKharon

iKharon

You need at least a 4x4 per plant. Just imo. Straight outdoor is dif from a greenhouse though. M2c

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I have to agree with Mirror, you need to triple the amount of space you plan on giving each plant or it's gonna be hell trying to tend them once they start getting really big.

Ahh I see,
From my experience Hard clay is hard for the roots to penetrate and takes longer to veg. Had the unfortunate experience of guerrilla growing(stupid) in the ground with tons of hard clay back in the day. Bad results. Oh well thats what I get for being young and dumb.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
But gypsum will help break up that clay. That clay in the photo above is why I'm down with the amending, but I agree with all of you, the allowed space is hardly sufficient. When the OP gets his first 10-footer he'll totally get it. :D And we KNOW he's gonna do it!

iKharon

iKharon

But gypsum will help break up that clay. That clay in the photo above is why I'm down with the amending, but I agree with all of you, the allowed space is hardly sufficient. When the OP gets his first 10-footer he'll totally get it. :D And we KNOW he's gonna do it!
I can't wait for late march!! I'll keep a grow log on here and have sweet pics. Also will run a YouTube channel.. should be fun to watch the babies monster up this summer! :)

below frigid

below frigid

Get yourself a pick and break that shit up, add a ton of compost and gypsum like sea said. Give your plants 8ft x 8ft plus an extra foot to get in between them. I would also stager the rows, but that's me.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh no! Why not? Indoor and outdoor, no space?
Yep to both. We live in a 1brm cabin now that's less than 800'sq, ACRES of dry, windy desert land around us. I must have a GH, electricity is far too expensive. I already have my pond dug and brought all my bluegill and goldies from up north, I just NEED that greenhouse.

iKharon

iKharon

Yep to both. We live in a 1brm cabin now that's less than 800'sq, ACRES of dry, windy desert land around us. I must have a GH, electricity is far too expensive. I already have my pond dug and brought all my bluegill and goldies from up north, I just NEED that greenhouse.
Yup! Greenhouse here

monstacropn

monstacropn

northern cali very fertile land before I did anything to it

monstacropn

monstacropn

How many plants? What kind of strains? If you are planning on planting them in each square you would be severely over crowded and likely to cause problems. Or maybe planting in the moat crosses? That wouldn't be bad. Interesting idea with the moat, not sure if its really necessary if you have a soft aerated medium..
After reading your advice and a idea i just happened to time perfect on accident is my indoor grow is in veg plant heights from 1.5 feet to 4 feet tall. Since it's about a month from planting time wouldn't it be awesome to take my developed indoor plants and plant them outdoors to have a massive jump on growth for the season in which I'll have to expand the grow project entirely. I could really use some professional advice/ ideas on floor plan . I'll extend grow area to 43 feet long and 24 feet wide. that will give 5 extra feet in width. if you guys could help with a floor plan and also advice on the indoor head start for outdoor season

monstacropn

monstacropn

Get yourself a pick and break that shit up, add a ton of compost and gypsum like sea said. Give your plants 8ft x 8ft plus an extra foot to get in between them. I would also stagger the rows, but that's me.
No pick ax is needed it is central valley dirt and prime growing soil before i added anything no clay or hardpan , or sand now I have an idea of moving my indoor thats in veg to outdoor in a month what advice do you have I need it

monstacropn

monstacropn

I noticed that you have watched most of my posts and helped with advice and I'm sure you do that for many, So I'll speak for most of us when I say you ROCK and your work here is noticed and respected! Thank You from all of us and know I personally have changed some ideas and designs from your advice and all my projects so far are efficient! thanks SeaMaiden

below frigid

below frigid

No pick ax is needed it is central valley dirt and prime growing soil before i added anything no clay or hardpan , or sand now I have an idea of moving my indoor thats in veg to outdoor in a month what advice do you have I need it

If you move them outdoors without supplemental light they will most likely start flowering. Then re veg in June. Then flower again in August. Plants that do this have small yields of airy leafy, spindley buds. If you do it use the lights.

iKharon

iKharon

If you move them outdoors without supplemental light they will most likely start flowering. Then re veg in June. Then flower again in August. Plants that do this have small yields of airy leafy, spindley buds. If you do it use the lights.
Always kick on 2 hours of light at twilight to 'adjust' their internal clock. 18/6 indoors.. mimic that outdoors.. then let them go naturally. Still have a sept or oct harvest

below frigid

below frigid

Always kick on 2 hours of light at twilight to 'adjust' their internal clock. 18/6 indoors.. mimic that outdoors.. then let them go naturally. Still have a sept or oct harvest

Just wondering since I am not a indoor grower but have put clones out a few times. If he has his plants under 24 hours inside, might they still want to flower under 18/6? Just wondering?

Top Bottom