Correct Me If Im Wrong

• Thread starter larafam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
larafam

larafam

My third grow. 8 White Widow regular seeds ordered from a dispensary. Lost my second grow to spider mites that were in some soil from a clone I bought at a dispensary. Now Im starting from scratch.Anyways they are under a 276 watt cfl 6500k reflector.They sprouted on Wednesday Jan. 18. The cfl's are about 3 inches from the tops.They are in Fox Farms Ocean Forest. Hopefully I dont get a bunch of males since they are regular seeds. Let me know if you see anything Im doing wrong from the pic's. I think I have read enough books to be able to hold my own ground.

Correct me if im wrong
Correct me if im wrong 2
Correct me if im wrong 3
Correct me if im wrong 4
Correct me if im wrong 5
Correct me if im wrong 6
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Did you add anything to the ffof to "lighten" it up any? Ffof is rather hot for seeds, meaning a lot of nutes will burn your poor seedlings. I use light warrior for seeds. Seeds supply their own food for a few weeks.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Did you add anything to the ffof to "lighten" it up any? Ffof is rather hot for seeds, meaning a lot of nutes will burn your poor seedlings. I use light warrior for seeds. Seeds supply their own food for a few weeks.
Never had an issue actually the exact opposite if you check my thread out I just popped 100 seeds straight in fox farm with 100% success

B

Bullseyebull

What's that light set up? Looks good, id like that for my seedlings. Can you send links please?

larafam

larafam

I made it myself. Take a good look at the pic's.It's two electrical outlets with Y-splitters. Its a total of twelve 23 watt 6500k cfl's under a reflector that I was able to tie down onto.Now I can move the reflector up and down as I want. I also tied two pc fans at the end of the reflector to blow hot air away from the cfl's so I can get them really close to the tops of the plants. Thats my air cooled project I made

B

Bullseyebull

I'm not sure I understand what your plugging the y-splitters into? Forgive me for my ignorance..
looks very good though

larafam

larafam

New pics of seedlings. I take out three cfl's during the day and replace them with three 5000k led light bulbs from Home Depot since they are brighter.But they get really hot so I leave one door open from my grow tent since I have no exhaust or A/C in there and temps get really hot in there with those LED light bulbs. At night I take them out and put back the 3 cfl's and seal up the tent in my bedroom for the night. Even with those 12 cfl's the temps get as high as 86° but thats the best I can do with the equipment I have.

IMG 20170121 103022
IMG 20170121 102909
IMG 20170121 103010
IMG 20170121 102906
IMG 20170121 103007
IMG 20170121 102835
IMG 20170121 102800
IMG 20170121 102749
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

where did u find light y's that have a wall plug on the other end rather then a light bulb bottom??

B

Bullseyebull

I see now! Guess this is usa lightings? Don't think we do that here in U.K. (Nanny state)

F

FooDoo

I see now! Guess this is usa lightings? Don't think we do that here in U.K. (Nanny state)

No this is ghetto cheap DIY lighting that kids do in their closets when they pop bag seed.

Like seriously? Going on eBay and ordering a t5 for dirt cheap wasn't an option but buying 15 light bulbs seemed like a good idea?

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

No this is ghetto cheap DIY lighting that kids do in their closets when they pop bag seed.

Like seriously? Going on eBay and ordering a t5 for dirt cheap wasn't an option but buying 15 light bulbs seemed like a good idea?

bc then it would not look cool like this one duh!!!!!!

larafam

larafam

There was never an investment in those light bulbs. That is what you call using whatever you have laying around. Later on in the long run I might invest in some good T5 or HPS lighting. For that small crop I have I think that is good enough for now and NO it is not bagseed.

B

Bullseyebull

Lol! ok man jeez!
I like it, think it's ample lighting for the seedling stage...
Thanks for your helpfulness.
I have just three bulbs for seedlings, works perfectly fine

grayarea

grayarea

There was never an investment in those light bulbs. That is what you call using whatever you have laying around. Later on in the long run I might invest in some good T5 or HPS lighting. For that small crop I have I think that is good enough for now and NO it is not bagseed.
u seem to be referring to to 'investment" as the bruise on the fruit. lol. it can be. thats hard to fix. you're investing ur time. if you dont count ur time u are erasing 50% of ur life.

xeamonk

xeamonk

i like your light. how many watts per bulb? i'm surprised the LED are giving off more heat than the CFLs. my diy light rack keeps my tent cooler with LEDs plugged in, CFLs tend to radiate more heat in general while the LED get very hot at the base.

whatever's clever. i'm glad its getting you a start.

Top Bottom