Type 2 Diabetes

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
160 again today at least there is no spike up or down..Went ahead increased the dose as recommended. Got some more info coming will find out blood type as well and look into that as well many options available...
One of our youngster friends is studying naturopathic medicine at Bastiers a top univ. and we just know she would agree there is something we can do to regain function...
will keep an eye on the side effects she feels a bit weird...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
The only thing 'genetic' about type 2 diabetes is the food choice tolerances. When your whole family is mostly one blood type and eating foods which cause diabetes, everyone says "See, it's genetic." The reality is they're eating the same wrong foods, is all.

Walk through any area in society where you can witness full families, parents and multiple children. See the ones where one parent is overweight and so are one or two of the kids? With a little digging, you'll find the overweight ones are all the same blood type and everyone in the house eats the same diet. That diet will contain avoids for the overweight blood type in the house.

I'm the "A" blood type and a 'secretor,' which means no red meat for me, not even goat or lamb. The rest of the house are blood types which can eat red meat. Though I cook for them, I really only graze all day for myself. heh Very different from how I grew up. ;)

Awesome to hear the blood sugar is down, keep working on it.

Thanks to all
I kind of noticed in New Zealand on our visit last year how most of the younger folks in there 20s and 30s look pretty healthy. Very active..a few folks over weight but not like here...
Especially the gals. Naturally beautiful, sweethearts inside and out...
OH OH OH!!
I could strike up a nice conversation they were very friendly not phony or stuck up..
In general folks down there seem less stressed, she be right mate, no worries.....
Will go for a nice sunset walk, start out to corner and back, go from there.
She is 70, most folks say no way, but best to take everything slow for starters...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Had a consul with our student friend and she is appalled and pissed at the at the naturopaths recommendations and advice.
The fact that the doc said her pancreas is basically non functional and not producing cells needed to function properly is not what naturopathy is all about.
The idea is the mind has a lot to do with healing the body and to tell someone that there is no way to cure just take this medication along with diet exercise which are good things, is not true naturopathy.
She said there are 2 different approaches and her, the docs approach is called green naturopathy, not the true form of this type of medicinal practice she is learning and will practice.....
A few of you have met this kid and you know how very smart kind and loving she is...
The doc also kind of used fear saying your lucky this came on at 70, why all of a sudden? She said could have happened at 7 years of age that it is genetic we just do not believe so.
Her kidney function is awesome so this has not been going on very long or there would be damage to kidney cells...
she is going to review the lab results with her mentor naturopathic doc and get some more input..
Oh man how we just love this gal and her BF..
We have no kids her father is out of the picture and I have become like a father to her. We both so need this relationship. They will be married someday and I will walk her down the isle and I am very sensitive the tears of joy, pride and happiness will be flowing no doubt and I will not be ashamed for my emotions..
Got the whole weekend to spend time and spoil her. She said most husbands would not be so caring and loving..WTF??..
I could not do anything else but be there for her as she would be for me....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So wait. Am I understanding you correctly? That the naturopath said DM/T2 cannot be cured or reversed? If so, that's just plain nonsense. I agree with the doctor that she's very fortunate she only *just* developed this.

If you do end up working with my mother prepare to have your mind blown with all the information you'll learn.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
So wait. Am I understanding you correctly? That the naturopath said DM/T2 cannot be cured or reversed? If so, that's just plain nonsense. I agree with the doctor that she's very fortunate she only *just* developed this.

If you do end up working with my mother prepare to have your mind blown with all the information you'll learn.
on it....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter

Pretty much what she said..She said she could treat side effect from the meds....Pretty amazing for a ND to say something like that....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
And she's "licensed"? Is there licensing for naturopaths, or is it like homeopathy with pretty much no controls or need to prove efficacy?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
And she's "licensed"? Is there licensing for naturopaths, or is it like homeopathy with pretty much no controls or need to prove efficacy?
Yes.. Naturopathic licensed...Also know wife's doc over here and they have consulted...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
A nice quite day here. Rainy spent time inside napped all afternoon
Last few days has wore me out with running farm and taking care my reason for living...
Some rest is good, been going full on with the farm chores and thinking about all of this and whats important in the later years...
Those who know her know she is very special so absolute TLC is needed..
Off I got to stomp in mud, evening chores them fix feast of some sort..
really think when something like this arises it brings out the best in me...I just have to do what I have to do.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Some good info..

From the article..
The unique combination of components in the medicinal composition
leads to a regeneration of the pancreas cells which then start producing
insulin on their own. Since the composition restores normal pancreatic
function, treatment can be discontinued after between four and twelve
months.

For reasons which, while understandable, are not at all acceptable, this promising line of research never matured and today can be found only in the archives of a few obscure scientific journals and in the patent office. Since absolutely no financial incentive exists to cure type I diabetes, this methodology is not likely to reappear any time soon and certainly not in the American orthodox medical community.

The goal of any effective alternative program is to repair and restore the body’s own blood sugar control mechanism. It is the malfunctioning of this mechanism that, over time, directly causes all of the many debilitating symptoms that make orthodox treatment so financially rewarding for the diabetes industry. For Type II Diabetes, the steps in the program are: [24]

Repair the faulty blood sugar control system. This is done simply by substituting clean healthy beneficial fats and oils in the diet for the pristine looking but toxic trans-isomer mix found in attractive plastic containers on room temperature supermarket shelves. Consume only flax oil, fish oil and occasionally cod liver oil until blood sugar starts to stabilize. Then add back healthy oils such as butter, coconut oil, olive oil and clean animal fat. Read labels; refuse to consume cheap junk oils when they appear in processed food or on restaurant menus. Diabetics are chronically short of vitamins and minerals; they need to add a good quality broad spectrum supplement to the diet.

Control blood sugar manually during the recovery cycle. Under medical supervision, gradually discontinue all oral hypoglycemic agents along with any additional drugs given to counteract their side effects. Develop natural blood sugar control by the use of glycaemic tables, by consuming frequent small meals, by the use of fiber, by regular post prandial exercise, and by a complete avoidance of all sugars along with the judicious use of only non-toxic sweeteners [25]. Avoid alcohol until blood sugar stabilizes in the normal range. Avoid caffeine as well as other stimulants; they tend to trigger sugar release by the liver. Keep score by using a pin prick type glucose meter. Keep track of everything you do with a medical diary.

Restore a proper balance of healthy fats and oils when the blood sugar controller again works Permanently remove from the diet all cheap toxic junk fats and oils and the processed and restaurant foods that contain them. When the blood sugar controller again starts to work correctly, gradually introduce additional healthy foods to the diet. Test the effect of these added foods by monitoring blood sugar levels with the pin prick type blood sugar monitor. Be sure to include the results of these tests in your diary also.

Continue the program until normal insulin values are also restored after blood sugar levels begin to stabilize in the normal region. Once blood sugar levels fall into the normal range the pancreas will gradually stop over producing insulin. This process will typically take a little longer and can be tested by having your physician send a sample of your blood to a lab for a serum insulin determination. A good idea is to wait a couple of months after blood sugar control is restored and then have your physician check your insulin level. It’s nice to have blood sugar in the normal range; it’s even nicer to have this accomplished without excess insulin in the bloodstream.

Separately repair the collateral damage done by the disease. Vascular problems caused by a chronically elevated glucose level will normally reverse themselves without conscious effort. The effects of retinopathy and of peripheral neuropathy, for example, will usually self repair. However when the fine capillaries in the basement membranes of the kidneys begin to leak due to chronic high blood glucose, the kidneys compensate by laying down scar tissue to prevent the leakage. This scar tissue remains even after the diabetes is cured and is the reason why the kidney damage is not believed to self repair.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Blood sugar down in 3 weeks from 380 to 120...
Plan is to get to 90 reduce meds then see if we can get the pancreas started...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter

Waiting to hear back from msg sent.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
She's been working very hard on one of her new books. I'll tell her you've reached out. It's her birthday today! 78 and STILL going strong.

I hope the Mrs feels better with her blood sugar down a bit. Or was she feeling anything due to it?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
She's been working very hard on one of her new books. I'll tell her you've reached out. It's her birthday today! 78 and STILL going strong.

I hope the Mrs feels better with her blood sugar down a bit. Or was she feeling anything due to it?
She feels a bit hinkey, mild headache, tired, comes and gos.
blood sugar yesterday 115 today 137..
Definitely going off the meds once we figure out best way, looking forward to hearing from mom when she gets time, for now we think were doing the best we can...

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Looking at pancreatic health and type 2. Specifically using termis seed from white lupine flowers at the moment.

https://www.amazon.com/Fenugreek-termis-ameliorative-agents-diabetes/dp/3659624640

Are there low cost ways to obtain large amounts of fenugreek and/or termis seeds? I see lupine flower seeds are easy to find, but I am having trouble finding out how much is needed without spending the money on that book then more on the supplements.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupinus

I'm pretty sure I'm not sure, but I think I am looking for Lupinus albus, could be wrong. When I search white lupine, I get ornamental names, nothing that confirms anything. Do I buy seeds marketed as a supplement, not to grow? Then I have to consider that they were produced without the intent to plant, just for the consumer to use the seeds to grind or use however. If I find seeds to grow the flower, how do I know if 'russel white lupines' are L albus or some variety of L polyphyllus like most of the perennial seeds I see?

Fenugreek appears to be available as a supplement but I don't have any pricing info.

I found an article that listed the following for pancreas health:
-Lyceum
-Calendula
-Licorice root
-Goldenseal
-Horsetail
-Haritaki
-Dandelion
-Lemon balm, peel, verbena
-Holy Basil

The bolded are available locally in Denver at several places, the new rosebush is promising but their stocked shelves of inventory aren't for sale yet, pretty frustrating.

Thanks

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Wifes ac 1 is down from 14 to 8.
We cut the med in half taking minerals and fine tuning diet..

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
A one C reduced from 14.8 to 6.5 in 5 months. We reduced meds to zero, she has been off the victoza for some time.
Diet to match blood type...
Her conventional doctor was amazed the naturopathic doc., is happy but not surprised..
Our ND, is awesome charges flat monthly rate for as many consults as needed..

Latest posts

Top Bottom