Who's Going To Ccc?

• Thread starter tobh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
What up

Haven't been on the forums in a while, work has me buried in projects. Either way, figured I'd see who all is going to be at the convention. We're going to have a booth there and figured I'd see if anyone was wanting to link up seeing as I'll most likely be on site at least one day. Who's all attending?

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

I would loved to have gone, just wasn't able to fit it in. How did the show go for you and your peeps? Should I mark it on next years calendar as a "Must Go"??

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Well, I didn't make it personally either. Had much bigger things to handle at the office, though our guys we did have on location said it was definitely fruitful for our purposes. The biggest thing I gathered is it was a "fishing" event per se. A lot of new comers trying to break into the industry by throwing money at it without understanding who the market is for now. A lot of people going still assume that anyone that smokes pot is some dead beat, smelly hippie with dread locks and the IQ of a gold fish. In terms of being a business person in this blossoming industry, the event was very good for networking. Our guys alone generated 10+ leads in a handful of hours, so I would say if that's your route of attack; be there next year.

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

A lot of people going still assume that anyone that smokes pot is some dead beat, smelly hippie with dread locks and the IQ of a gold fish.

Lol @tobh ! I know what you mean! I had a fun experience last weekend in Hillsboro. I had stopped in a grow store in Hillsboro last weekend to pick up some supplies. As I was loading up, a guy in a Nice Mercedes SL550 parked next to me was measuring his open trunk. The guy was definitely well dressed to go with the car. He was in his late 60's I would guess. When I went back into the store he was over in the pots section, measuring 20 gal containers, and larger. I asked him, "whoa, it looks like you are going to be growing some big trees." He stated, "Yep, the wife and I had so much fun last year growing our own weed, this year we are planning to grow 4 monsters! It sure is surprisingly fun isn't it?" We carried on the conversation for a few more minutes. He was fun to talk to and nowhere near fitting the typical description posted above. He surprised me with his infectious enthusiasm and joy in growing his own bud!

Latest posts

Top Bottom