South Africa Outdoor Grow

• Thread starter Sun Valley
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sun Valley

Sun Valley

Hey all. Here are some of the girls running this year. The garden is a mix of strains I've been working on and crossing for the passed 5 years. It consists of Cheese Dawg X Kushberry, Cheese Dawg X Master Kush, Cheese Dawg X Kushberry X Cataract Kush, NYC Diesel X SSH, Cataract Kush X Kushberry and my last NYC Diesel.
The garden is 100% organic grown in my own super soil mix and have only used compost and sprout teas as a feed with added sugar now that we are in flower. My teas are made up of my own composted fruit and veg. For flower I use composted banana and butternut along with other orange based veg and only ever fed with rain water. hope you enjoy the pics.. beginning of flower

South africa outdoor grow
South africa outdoor grow 2
South africa outdoor grow 3
South africa outdoor grow 4
South africa outdoor grow 5
South africa outdoor grow 6
South africa outdoor grow 7
South africa outdoor grow 8
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Damn you Southern Hemisphere lol,
Those amendments you mention for flower "For flower I use composted banana and butternut along with other orange based veg and only ever fed with rain water" how organic :D curious what you South Africans can produce :smoking:

Sun Valley

Sun Valley

Love it! Tagging along for the ride. You're well into the season by the looks of it.

Thanks yeah these Kush dominant plants of mine like do that. We also had a week of winter like weather a few weeks back and I think that just kicked them in officially. Some are more on time than other but not complaining. They are smelling awesome. Caterpillar hunting every morning now .. ill update again in a week with some fresh pics.

Sun Valley

Sun Valley

Damn you Southern Hemisphere lol,
Those amendments you mention for flower "For flower I use composted banana and butternut along with other orange based veg and only ever fed with rain water" how organic :D curious what you South Africans can produce :smoking:

Yes sir we just starting our last stretch while you all prepping .. I've always used the fruits and veg but just as an extra. The passed year I've been composting specific things together and that's pretty much all they getting with a few other things.. not a single bottle nute used this year .. so I'm interested to see how it turns out. I've run these strains for years so I'll see if these ones are any sweeter ☺

Sun Valley

Sun Valley

Feed time
8 x cups WE
8 x cups composted banana and butter nut
4 x cups composted lucern and greens
A few handfuls of old thrown out shroom subs
1L kelp
1 x cup black strap molasses
1 x cup Epsom salts
500g treacle

20170219 083604
sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Wow!!!! I'm so stoked to see this. May I ask why you don't run native strains? I was always under the impression that South Africa had killer strains. Can you let us know what the market is like over there? How much does herb go for and is it difficult to get? Thanks for these contributions!

Sun Valley

Sun Valley

Wow!!!! I'm so stoked to see this. May I ask why you don't run native strains? I was always under the impression that South Africa had killer strains. Can you let us know what the market is like over there? How much does herb go for and is it difficult to get? Thanks for these contributions!
Most of our local strains aren't worth the time space or water tbh. Maybe 20 years ago the Malawi and Swazi were a good sativa option and Durban Poison hasn't been anything special to write home about in decades either.
The market is ok.. good strains out here but pricey.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Your garden looks absolutely AMAZING.

Have you ever been shaken down by monkeys for your goodies? I had a Danish (half Danish, half SA'n) friend in Durban, was attacked by monkeys til he gave up the goods. Also was bitten by a bat. He now lives quietly in Ireland. I won't go near monkeys or apes of any sort. Childhood thing.

B

Burned Haze

Bravo ! Your workmanship and show proves in the plants and loving the Dew collector plan (subbed )

Keep it up, how harsh is the law where you live if you mind me asking me asking in your region ? I would love to move out of the US and do what your doing ( I grow indoors and outdoors ina medical state ) and live in Africa or Asia but if the laws there will put you under the building for a simple plant worse than us what's the use ?

Top Bottom