How To Meet Like Minded People

• Thread starter DrMcSkunkins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
:blackalien:
I am damaged as far as making friends goes. I've been duped and stabbed in the back more than once by people who I thought were my friends. How is the best way to meet people who use cannabis, go to bars?

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Only way i can discern is by chance, or fate, sometimes a farmers market! What really is saddening is to see the internet being used as a troll tool instead of a helping hand. Not nec here per say but overall, like kids harassing each other on FB for example, that generation musta gotten older, found cannabis and made riu their homes lmao! If you come to a site with any kind of "cognitive function" issue's and you ask the wrong person you get "i got no time im a rockstar mentality" or they just COMPLETLEY misunderstand your motives or meanings, after all it is the internet you can see or peoples voice inflections or emotions behind the tones of their voices! Folk's have been given chances .........only to prove they are either not sincere or gonna burn someone eventually. Hopefully things get better. It'd be nice if folks werent so judgemental online. It's a struggle navigating internet with any kind of "issues" that debilitate, not to mention having to deal with "other things" that make one rage.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Have made several wonderful friends here from the farm..
Like minded people whom we have become very close to.
I know we have touched their lives in a very special way as they have touched our lives in a very special way.
Our little farm has become a refuge for folks to come visit and relax, think things over and for some has instigated an entire lifestyle change.
Leave the city for the serenity of country life.
Very magical place right outside our back door. I still get chills and goose bumps cannot believe my dream came true of sobriety from the booze have not had a drop since I stepped foot on this place, I knew in an instant this is where I belong and will live the rest of my years. I dance and sing joyfully with the chickens and the goats..
Visits recharge folks its living in a circle filled with love.
The last two days we had dinner parties with amazing people with our friend local Grow guy .
We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends who at a moments notice would do anything for us as we would do for them..
So never be afraid to make friends despite some betrayls .

Last edited:
xavier7995

xavier7995

I have made friends on here, it really helps to be in a legal state, wouldn't be quite so open to the idea if living elsewhere.

It is hard, I am not terribly friendly so it's rough meeting people, let alone others that like weed. I just let that come as a secondary part, getting along in general is harder.

Edit: will throw out there that localgrowguy is a solid fellow, big ups bud.

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
:blackalien:
I am damaged as far as making friends goes. I've been duped and stabbed in the back more than once by people who I thought were my friends. How is the best way to meet people who use cannabis, go to bars?
If you have an issue reading people, then frankly my advice is don't focus on cannabis use, focus on another shared interest. If they use, they use, if not then not. It's a lot easier to end up stabbed in the back through venues like this than through others, in my direct experience. Which is that I met my husband on a reefkeeping forum (shared interest), and in April we'll be celebrating 11yrs marriage.

So my advice would be to seek out events that focus on another interest, for example motorcycles or scuba diving. If you're really focused on making weedly friends, then I guess you're in the right place. ;)

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I have made friends on here, it really helps to be in a legal state, wouldn't be quite so open to the idea if living elsewhere.

It is hard, I am not terribly friendly so it's rough meeting people, let alone others that like weed. I just let that come as a secondary part, getting along in general is harder.

STOP RUINING THIS FOR ME XAVIER I AM AN ASSHOLE AND I DON'T TAKE COMPLIMENTS VERY WELL

Last edited:
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
STOP RUINING THIS FOR ME XAVIER I AM AN ASSHOLE AND I DON'T TAKE COMPLIMENTS VERY WELL
Lg

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter

I second that local is pretty read he acts like a hard ass here but he's got a big heart and really is your local grow buddy . and Xavier isn't black just fyi

Navillusii

Navillusii

Met some cool dudes at the local head shop and hydro shop. Besides that its just a fate thing unfortunately. I seen money ruin a couple good dudes.

mandalaman

mandalaman

Have made several wonderful friends here from the farm..
Like minded people whom we have become very close to.
I know we have touched their lives in a very special way as they have touched our lives in a very special way.
Our little farm has become a refuge for folks to come visit and relax, think things over and for some has instigated an entire lifestyle change.
Leave the city for the serenity of country life.
Very magical place right outside our back door. I still get chills and goose bumps cannot believe my dream came true of sobriety from the booze have not had a drop since I stepped foot on this place, I knew in an instant this is where I belong and will live the rest of my years. I dance and sing joyfully with the chickens and the goats..
Visits recharge folks its living in a circle filled with love.
The last two days we had dinner parties with amazing people with our friend local Grow guy .
We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends who at a moments notice would do anything for us as we would do for them..
So never be afraid to make friends despite some betrayls .
Honestly got goosebumps reading this post... sounds like a magical place :)

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
In our area its pretty much republican 85% or more, all white hardly ever see any black folk, a few Mexicans.
Lots of long time residents, 30 years several generations of family.
We have an amazing group of friends, gays, yes several gay folks in our community, ranchers, red necks, hippies, growers of pot since the late 60's early 70's, amazing fruit and veggie growers, wineries,the most organic gardens in state. mostly around here ranchers and lots of older folk.
Our out of closet gay friend who has lived here 50 plus years remarked at dinner no one round here gives a fuck about who is fucking who or who is growing or doing what. Just let me keep my guns and do not fuck with my water and we do not care what you do he said..
He is out but respected. Helps at the high school fund raisers, tamale table raises lot of cash for football team..
It takes time were he 16 years and still are considered newbies.
The thing is is to be a benefit to the community which can be done in many ways.
I know for a fact our involvement in fund raisers has been noticed by more than the Fire dept, the local sheriff has been on my side when I flipped my truck, he knew who I was and was real cool, pissed I got a ticket from state patrol.
Just be who you are find folks with similar interests..
Tip if single learn how to cook. I used to get more action preparing delicious meals for home dates wine em dine em and then OH OH OH!!!
They return for more as well...

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Living in a non mj friendly place makes it tough, I'm sure everyone and their sister probably partake but I have different views than most people that I have met who drink or smoke.
Alot of the people curse like sailors and say rude things about women, race or religion. I would like to meet some good hearted people with kids that live nearby that won't look down on me for using natural medicine. Most church folk have been brain washed into thinking that mj is bad or evil just the same as most of society since prohibition.

Top Bottom