Osa/28 Best Practices

• Thread starter osa28
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Natural

Natural

ya know what? Don't sweat it..It's a possibility the pipette got contaminated at some point..it's either that or the shelf life starts shrinking after it's opened.

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
Thanks bro I appreciate it! It turned a while ago I'd say 2 months from when I bought it if I had to guess. I've1 been sitting on the bottle waiting to figure it out..but then this thread popped on my radar. I suppose it could be user error somewhere, but I did use a new dedicated disposable pipette every week and kept it at moderate temps indoors.
I guess it's more blue than green..but at first in the bottle it looked green to me.
View attachment 628853

Did it turn color in the bottle or did you switch into a different container (looks like glass)?

Should be shelf stable up to 2 years but sometimes temp, contamination, etc can affect the colors a little bit. Most cases the product is still good...the color isn't related to the silicic acid (it's the Mo). One way to check is when mixing, if it completely mixes versus showing particles like snow...

How much in the bottle had the color change?

bankcee

bankcee

How can this be better than the liquid silicon additive I already use, which is considerably cheaper?
If you say it's because your product is readily available , well, the silicon product I use works very well with noticeable difference when used, which can only mean it's readily available as well.
I think your an imitator, trying to hype your product as the latest and greatest when it's just a new paint job on the same Ole same ole.
But I like to be opinionated.
Peace

what liquid silicon do you use?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Here's an update

There's 2 variables in this past veg.
1 was my rh.
2 was using protek vs osa 28 like in my past 4 veg runs.

1 I didn't have my VDP spot on. Normally was 81* and 74%rh. This run was 81* and 60% tops.

My veg times, strains, pot size, medium were all the same.

So either VDP plays a tremendous role in my most recent veg run, and or the osa 28 is a far superior silica vs protek to negate my usual veg growth.

I now went back to my normal VDP grow style, and also went back to running osa 28.

john martin

john martin

Interesting. I am about to order a humidifier and get my VPD spot on, cause I have noticed during the summer, when my Dehu is the only variable controlling VPD, that the grow is overall healthier. In the winter when it is dry and I dont have a humidifier, my plants never look as nice.

I have also noticed much healthier plants overall when running osa/facilitor/etc, so I think the combination of both = major results.

testiclees

testiclees

I run a ultrasonic fogger system from Thehouseofhydro.com. superb quality, and John's a stand up dude. I can match my temp to rh within 2%.
Bro do you adjust your numbers as the plant matures?

Where are you with vpd during flowering period?

Do you run dehuey as well?

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I adjust the fan, which adjusts how much fog is coming out. In veg I follow VDP, not in flower. I run co2, and as I drop temps, rh goes from 65% (wks 1-6), then 55%, then about 50 from the ac running more often. I don't use a deheuy at all.

Actually, I use one in the drying room, aka the flower room. But not always needed when temps are kept at 75* from the ac. About 55% to 60%rh.

Nineandfive

Nineandfive

I went to order some of this stuff to try out today and filled out the forms for the discount and they won't work... anybody know anything about this?

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
I went to order some of this stuff to try out today and filled out the forms for the discount and they won't work... anybody know anything about this?

Hit us up on DM and we'll get it sorted... sometimes it's the wrong product added to cart or something.

Top Bottom