Anyone On The Big Island?

• Thread starter Cheifgreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cheifgreen

The soil is shit and to acidic but the weather is nice for growing i plant in 5 to 40 gallon pots 5 gallons for the little starts and clones until they are big enough then i keep going up

Junk

Junk

The soil is shit and to acidic but the weather is nice for growing i plant in 5 to 40 gallon pots 5 gallons for the little starts and clones until they are big enough then i keep going up
Is it because there is too much volcanic soil?

I've only been to Maui, and we did the road to Hana. And a couple of the places we pulled over I checked the soil and it smelled killer (I feel weird saying that). I've never grown in it, you are the expert.

I spent about 1 hour searching for Jaws (not on The Road to Hana obviously, different day), even though it was off season. Never found it, but really wished I did. I did see how pineapples grow while I was roaming though beach land, and that was confounding. I did not know that is how they grew lol. I said to myself, "Why are all these people putting pineapples on sticks?"

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Is it because there is too much volcanic soil?

Quite the contrary.
What is this thing you call soil?

Maui is much older than the Beeg guy's land. They have "red dirt". We have fresh lava and lots of it.
If we want dirt here, we have to buy it.

That said, I can't complain. Got 4 growing seasons per year. And unless we extend the daylight, all Indica kine hybrids are auto-flower when we put them out.
A Sativa hybrid that goes out in May can reach 12-14 feet and there are no damned gophers. :)
So I no complain.

Aloha,
Weeze

Junk

Junk

That said, I can't complain.
I haven't been to the big island, but I've been to a lot of beautiful places. This year I'm going to Iceland to see the Aurora Borealis. I've been to the Amazon rain forest in flood season. It's like a zoo w/o bars. Stunningly beautiful.

And Maui, will forever have a place in my heart. If I could live anywhere in the world, I would be there (any of the islands). Unfortunately, it's just too expensive for me.

If there is a more beautiful place in the world in which to live....I haven't seen it.

My uncle is very wealthy and has an amazing property, on a cliff, in Maui. Salt water pool, two houses (one for the caretaker) gardens. This is his deck....then some random pics. It's a paradise.

Maui 1 050

Maui 1 082

Brasil 6

Brasil 97
Jay Reno

Jay Reno

Big Island is great. I make my own mix though, the soil is very heavy and if you are going to use it, you better 1.) aerate the piss outta it 2.) Calcium is in low qualities in Hawaiian soils, so make sure to add it either as calcium carbonate or dolomite lime. you can find these at garden exchange in hilo 3.) amend your soil heavy with NPK, minors and micros. 4.) good luck with figuring out the seasons and how to work with them. if you're smart you can use a light and alter the seasons to your own schedule

C

Cheifgreen

What the fucks in that tree iv lived in Hawaii for 10 years and haven't seen one of those thisng looks like a sloth

iKharon

iKharon

Quite the contrary.
What is this thing you call soil?

Maui is much older than the Beeg guy's land. They have "red dirt". We have fresh lava and lots of it.
If we want dirt here, we have to buy it.

That said, I can't complain. Got 4 growing seasons per year. And unless we extend the daylight, all Indica kine hybrids are auto-flower when we put them out.
A Sativa hybrid that goes out in May can reach 12-14 feet and there are no damned gophers. :)
So I no complain.

Aloha,
Weeze
Is it hard to find ganja in HI? Next year for anniversary we are going to the Volcano House etc.. didn't know if I could find some herb cuz I'm not flying with it lol. Maybe trade out beans for herb? :)

C

Cheifgreen

Is it hard to find ganja in HI? Next year for anniversary we are going to the Volcano House etc.. didn't know if I could find some herb cuz I'm not flying with it lol. Maybe trade out beans for herb? :)
If your coming to the nig island i get the dank dank for real cheap , cheapest dank dank stank you can find on the big island

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Ah
Is it hard to find ganja in HI?

Ah dunno.
I no buy.
I no sell.
I jus' grow.

When I got choke? Goes in "aloha bag" for patients who got no place to grow.

Goes around, comes around. When my crop crashed, my brothers sent aloha bags to me.

We are most all like ohana here.
Can you tell I love Hawaii? :)

Alo Ha,
Weeze

C

Cheifgreen

Ah

Ah dunno.
I no buy.
I no sell.
I jus' grow.

When I got choke? Goes in "aloha bag" for patients who got no place to grow.

Goes around, comes around. When my crop crashed, my brothers sent aloha bags to me.

We are most all like ohana here.
Can you tell I love Hawaii? :)

Alo Ha,
Weeze
I like one aloha bag im out untill some time in may then i could hook you up with an aloha bag if your on the big island

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Next time I have to go Kona town, I'll make a li'l "geocache" for ya.
Den send ya map wit' Hawaiian directions.
You know da kine, "Across from where da old firestation used to be, den go mauka." :)

Aloha,
Wee

Top Bottom