Started A Cmh Grow With 12 27 Gal Sites.

• Thread starter Aktommy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aktommy

Aktommy

One thing I'm noticing is I have to run my EC lower on this system. Usually I'm at 1.2 by now but I have to run at .9-1.0 or else I get some tip burning. I would like to think it's because of more DO with the waterfalls instead of the stones but I'm not sure.

JMcG

JMcG

Man, same thing here. I can't really bet much above 6-6.5 ec, and I just have the one waterfall plus one air stone in each epicenter.

mandalaman

mandalaman

One thing I'm noticing is I have to run my EC lower on this system. Usually I'm at 1.2 by now but I have to run at .9-1.0 or else I get some tip burning. I would like to think it's because of more DO with the waterfalls instead of the stones but I'm not sure.
Maybe less abuse on the roots so they can uptake more efficiently?

Aktommy

Aktommy

Maybe less abuse on the roots so they can uptake more efficiently?
Very well could be. My roots look healthier at this point than when I ran stones. Hard to say why though since this is a completely new build with different totes, higher gph pumps and the CMH lights. It would be hard to attribute the healthier growth to one factor in this build. I'm just happy the plants are doing well without stones.

visajoe1

visajoe1

im assuming you keep water levels high enough to maintain all the roots underwater?

Aktommy

Aktommy

Update Day 17 veg:
Plants are doing really good. I'm seeing faster and healthier growth with the CMHs. Roots are exploding in the totes with the waterfalls. I had one blackberry Cream with sub par roots that I culled out and replaced with a black mamba. Luckily I had a few spares I was veging in rockwool so I just threw her in the RDWC. EC is lowering .1 every 24 hrs so the plants are having decent uptake. PH is rising about .1 every 24 hrs so everything is on auto pilot at this time. Really happy so far

IMG 1969
IMG 1970
IMG 1971
Aktommy

Aktommy

Video from yesterday at day 16. I broke down and added UC roots to the regiment. Roots are looking really healthy and much whiter than when I used stones.

treeratt59

treeratt59

Ok so I've got 16 CMH 315s running over 12 27 gallon totes. I'm running waterfalls instead of airstones this run.

I've been a lurker on THC for a long time. Thought I would contribute to the community.

2 inch pvc
CDX 27 gallon totes
6000 gph reeflo pump
1hp active aqua chiller
Ionic nutrients
PH 5.6-6.0
Currently running .6 EC (fresh plants)

Exotic Genetix Black Berry Cream and Black Mamba

I've been running RDWC for 5 years but on a smaller scale and with 600 watt hps closed hood systems. I decided to take the CMH plunge.

I'll be updating when I can.
Wow you been reading my mind. Was just at home depot in Wasilla where those totes are on sale for about $9, I bought a dozen. I been putting together a top feed recirculating reservoir bubbler system myself. Been using 5 gal Lowe's buckets and dirt for ever. What got my attention was the CMH thread. I have been researching CMH's and have decided to take the plunge myself. Would you share which ballasts and bulbs you're using and how they have worked for you so far??? I'm looking at growers house and the socket adapter so I can re use my hoods. I should be able to get some older HID ballasts at a pawn shop reasonably priced for I'm not sure about my Solistek digitals. I got Rainbow Kush, a Canadian Blueberry and Ed Rosenthal Super Bud. The Ed R. takes a really long time and is very finicky, ie. ph, temp, etc. but well worth the effort.

H

Highatollah

Tommy did you by chance do a progressive photo shoot while building your system? I'd be curious to see because it looks really cool and well engineered.
Keep up the good work.

Aktommy

Aktommy

Wow you been reading my mind. Was just at home depot in Wasilla where those totes are on sale for about $9, I bought a dozen. I been putting together a top feed recirculating reservoir bubbler system myself. Been using 5 gal Lowe's buckets and dirt for ever. What got my attention was the CMH thread. I have been researching CMH's and have decided to take the plunge myself. Would you share which ballasts and bulbs you're using and how they have worked for you so far??? I'm looking at growers house and the socket adapter so I can re use my hoods. I should be able to get some older HID ballasts at a pawn shop reasonably priced for I'm not sure about my Solistek digitals. I got Rainbow Kush, a Canadian Blueberry and Ed Rosenthal Super Bud. The Ed R. takes a really long time and is very finicky, ie. ph, temp, etc. but well worth the effort.
I went with the sunsystem verticals with galaxy detached ballast. Bulbs I did majority of 3k with 4 4ks spread out through out. So far the CMHs I'm seeing way faster and healthier veg times. I'll be flipping them in a week

Aktommy

Aktommy

Tommy did you by chance do a progressive photo shoot while building your system? I'd be curious to see because it looks really cool and well engineered.
Keep up the good work.
Sorry no progression photos on the build. I rebuilt the system after deciding to go with waterfalls so I just built a large manifold that feeds from the reservoir via a reeflo 6000 gph pump. I built my own jet nozzles using capped pieces of 1/2 pvc with 3 3/8" holes drilled. Tons of pressure keeps the water stirred up really good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom