Cloning After Topping, Question From Newbie

• Thread starter BackAtIt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BackAtIt

BackAtIt

HI everyone. Its been many many years since Ive grown. I have an OG phenomenon that was started from seed and is at about 8 weeks. It stretched and I topped it about 2 weeks ago.
Can I make a cut, or eseentally top, below original mainline cut/top and root it to both decrease height and have a clone? What will happen to mother and potential clone that would be starting with 2,main libes? Or should I not? Pics attached. ANY feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all, in advance .

Cloning after topping question from newbie
Cloning after topping question from newbie 2
whitebob

whitebob

HI everyone. Its been many many years since Ive grown. I have an OG phenomenon that was started from seed and is at about 8 weeks. It stretched and I topped it about 2 weeks ago.
Can I make a cut, or eseentally top, below original mainline cut/top and root it to both decrease height and have a clone? What will happen to mother and potential clone that would be starting with 2,main libes? Or should I not? Pics attached. ANY feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all, in advance .
i would say yes bud, just treat it like any other cutting, you may find it takes a while to root out, i find that main stem cuttings with a large stem take a while to root...and provided it roots ok like you said you will have a pre topped cut...;)

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

i would say yes bud, just treat it like any other cutting, you may find it takes a while to root out, i find that main stem cuttings with a large stem take a while to root...and provided it roots ok like you said you will have a pre topped cut...;)
Perfect! I've got plenty of time. I'm on no rush so that works for me. She has already revealed a few pistils. I forgot to mention that. Thank you, Bob. I really appreciate the feedback. Any other suggestions based on what you can see in pics? Stay excellent!

whitebob

whitebob

Perfect! I've got plenty of time. I'm on no rush so that works for me. She has already revealed a few pistils. I forgot to mention that. Thank you, Bob. I really appreciate the feedback. Any other suggestions based on what you can see in pics? Stay excellent!
i took two bubba cuts two weeks into flower when i panicked about not having any more bubba to smoke..... i wasn't quite ready to give her up.. they were a bit mutated for a while one grew through fine, the other was a bit of a cabbage, unfortunately its the cabbagey one thats got the sweet berry pheno so growing it out no matter what, its sooooo tasty...;)

hiboy

hiboy

you can even take multiple cuts off one long stem just make sure that you have a nice fresh node with at least 2 inches. To put in a cube or in Rockwall

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

Getting that sweet berry pheno is in deed a tasty reward. I've got more of the pine pheno going with hints of citrus (grapefruit to my nose). This one is really pretty stretched. About 2 1/2 ft with a hearty main line. But lots of small intergrowth. So, I'm still undecided.
you can even take multiple cuts off one long stem just make sure that you have a nice fresh node with at least 2 inches. To put in a cube or in Rockwall
Hiboy...Thank you for the specific advice. She is standing between 2 and 2 1/2 ft with at least 8 nodes beneath the prior top. Sounds like I have plenty of room to play with. ;). Two most upper shoots have pistils. I'm in no hurry to flower, but rather seeking optimum health. Thanks again!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

i took two bubba cuts two weeks into flower when i panicked about not having any more bubba to smoke..... i wasn't quite ready to give her up.. they were a bit mutated for a while one grew through fine, the other was a bit of a cabbage, unfortunately its the cabbagey one thats got the sweet berry pheno so growing it out no matter what, its sooooo tasty...;)
Oh...the sweet, sweet bubba. :) Very tasty. Glad 1 of them rewarded you, while im surecthecother tried as hard as she could. ;).I've never taken a cut in flower stage. Last time I had a grow was in 2001, so it's been a bit. Thank you brother.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

this is the bubba
Oh, Yeah....VERY nice, Bob. Beautiful coat and purps! Earthy, sweet, berry goodness? I have severe neuropathy following a multi level spinal fusion in the neck. Hopefully I can improve upon the pheno of the the variety I have, because it was one of the best strains for easing the nerve pain, in particular. I'll look forward to your guidance as I progress in this project. Good vibes, my friend.

Top Bottom