50 Gallon Smart Pot

• Thread starter Rory
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rory

Ok, Need some quick advise here. I got some plants in two gallon pots, there about a foot to a foot and a half tall right now, well....i want to put them in there final homes, I was thinking of 50 Gallon smart pots, is that going to be big enough for these plants come october? How much can i yield off 50 gallons?

Mogrow

Mogrow

I filled up 2 100 gallon smart pots yesterday, I'm thinking I can pull over an elbo in them. It took A BUNCH of dirt to fill them up, in fact we didn't quite fill them, but it was close. I bet you can get close to an elbo in the 50 gallon. In a 5 gallon bucket I can almost get an 1/4, so......I ordered 2 more 100 gallon today...I like them because an animal can't turn it over, or the wind. cali carma yer way....

B

Badmf

The strain you run makes the difference, as some love space and others don't use it as much. 50's will do well in a backyard but I see large azz ones (200+) and if you did guerilla you'd be haulin' in soil for weeks lol.
I use 38 gallon trash cans in guerilla and a few 15's with decent results. But I want a closer grow as it is better to keep an eye on em.

R

Rory

well i pulled half a pound in a 15 gallon pot last year, and i started her in late June, well im way ahead of last year, so i dont know, im thinking 50 gallon can give me at least 3 pounds no?

B

Badmf

Should be more if its the same conditions and strain. The container size is triple + and the yeild should be 5+ units imo.

K

KillMachineKill

I am using 65's hoping to break at least 3 per, I broke 3 in 35 gallon laundry baskets a couple of years ago.. I know alot of people that break 5 in 100s

S

soilsoilsoil

I filled up 2 100 gallon smart pots yesterday, I'm thinking I can pull over an elbo in them. It took A BUNCH of dirt to fill them up, in fact we didn't quite fill them, but it was close. I bet you can get close to an elbo in the 50 gallon. In a 5 gallon bucket I can almost get an 1/4, so......I ordered 2 more 100 gallon today...I like them because an animal can't turn it over, or the wind. cali carma yer way....
You should able to get way more than just a pound off of 100 gallons I successfully pulled 20 ounces from 1 plant in a 15 gallon geopot indoors under a 630 lec strain was chocolope kush

Top Bottom