Illinois Lawmakers Propose Legalizing Recreational Marijuana

• Thread starter SpiderK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpiderK

SpiderK

Lawmakers are proposing to legalize recreational marijuana in Illinois but say the legislation probably won't come up for a vote until next year.

Sponsors on Wednesday introduced bills that would make it legal for adults 21 and older to possess, grow and buy limited amounts of marijuana.

The state would license and regulate businesses to grow, process and sell the plant, and it would establish safety regulations such as testing and labeling requirements, sponsors said.

The measure would also allow residents to possess up to 28 grams of pot, or about an ounce, and to grow five plants.

The bills propose taxing marijuana at a rate of $50 per ounce wholesale, plus the state's standard 6.25 percent sales tax.

Based on sales of recreational marijuana in Colorado, the Marijuana Policy Project, a national advocacy group, estimates sales in Illinois could generate about $350 million to $700 million per year.

Gov. Bruce Rauner and House Speaker Michael Madigan reserved judgment, as they typically do with new bills. But the Illinois Association of Chiefs of Police opposes legalization, saying marijuana poses a threat to public health and safety, and causes potential enforcement problems because it conflicts with the federal prohibition on marijuana.

The co-sponsors, Sen. Heather Steans and Rep. Kelly Cassidy, both Democrats from Chicago's North Side, said they don't plan to call the bill for a vote this session but will hold hearings to get feedback and see whether some version of a legalization bill can get support next year.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-92867268/

SpiderK

SpiderK

If this happens could be devastating for pricing, further as Chicago has a web of contacts across the USA regarding other drugs ...

Most people do not realize that much of USA drug trade is controlled from Chicago

sixstring

sixstring

If this happens could be devastating for pricing, further as Chicago has a web of contacts across the USA regarding other drugs ...

Most people do not realize that much of USA drug trade is controlled from Chicago
Devastating for pricing how?too cheap or too expensive? I would think over time just like in colorado and other legal states it will make pot cheaper which imo is a good thing right?

SpiderK

SpiderK

ya its gonna get cheaper ......

very, very hard for indoor profits, not like the old days. ( this is regarding those looking for profit on black market )

the shit passing past a few hands is 150oz from mich into chicago burbs. ( gg4 , lol' i swear ) it all about lost consumption as west was only source for a long time. guys selling in cali might not understand final price and location.

for a long time it was 100 a quarter, until 2 years ago, 350 oz 25 minutes from chicago. guys on the trading floor with commodities payed 700$ top shelf. it always cost a lot if you did not grow. not many do ....

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter

Yup Chicago is the most important substation in the drug trade.90% of American's dope goes through there

sixstring

sixstring

Yeah when the wallstreet guy can walk in any shop and get his own oz for 350 to 400 the black market will fall apart fast. I welcome lower prices for everyone across the board.maybe it will force the grow store to sharpen their pencils as well.right now we get ass fucked on simple shit like soil,nutes,lights.i remember what soil prices were here in Michigan before we went medical, it made all soil prices go up around me. I truck all my own topsoil, compost,mulch,sand n gravel.other than gravel all those things went up as box stores like home depot started selling promix.foxfarms is at every damn hardware store around me as well and it dont make anything cheaper lol.
Free the weed,after 6 or 7 years alot of people will realize how much work is involved in growing for profit and the lazy fuckers will fade away,then prices will normalize again. But yeah the days of 400 and 500 zips are coming to an end,the Marijuana movement across the usa is driving down prices because people are not as scared as they were 10 years ago. It will be a tough sale when everyone has 5 or 6 plants in there garden/greenhouse/basement.

SpiderK

SpiderK

Cartel drug map version 2

SpiderK

SpiderK

i heard a story about this group that used russian cloaking on a boat used for artwork ect for museums. owned a retailer thats now morphed into all malls across usa. this came from a lawyer, an insider before he retired in the islands down south.

just like the opium war families in uk crashing china. lots of mexicano's in chicago.

sixstring

sixstring

Yup mx13 is pretty well dug in all over chitown now.those some ruthless mofos.we have a pretty bad heroin problem here in Michigan and i would bet most of it come from chitown

Krypto

Krypto

Yup mx13 is pretty well dug in all over chitown now.those some ruthless mofos.we have a pretty bad heroin problem here in Michigan and i would bet most of it come from chitown
This heroin shit's gotta go. The entire STL metro area, including east of the river in Illinois has been assf@€ked by this DOPE. We've been giving out free MMJ to combat the withdrawal symptoms. I'm hoping HARLE -TSU will help them even more.

M

motz

Most corrupt state in the union. We're movin' across the river. I'd rather buy a house in Ferguson, MO. Than stay on the ill side.
Only state where 5 of the last 6 governors have either done or are now doing time in the pokey.
I loaded up my stuff and moved to MN.
Lived in Illinois for 55 years, what a shithole.
Chicago what a thunderdome a state within a state.

Top Bottom