Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Freshone

Freshone

I have a 7 lb pork shoulder I need to get cooked. Anybody have any tricks or ideas to make something a little different than just smoked or oven baked?
Marinate in olive oil and balsamic vinegar,did a boneless pork roast this way and came out great,just ate the leftovers yesterday.Its a simple Italian recipe I got off Allrecipes when I was looking for something different.
Morning oldsters,hope everyone has a great day today!

Grower13

Grower13

5af8a7ab8e6c244bafc659afabe1a921

8f0330a7214053b7831a3fd2e3772f82

Hippie

Hippie

Morning, Gents. Sunshine and beautiful out for a change. Lots more rain coming, though. Go figure. Spring in the Mitten.

I gotta try the dry ice hash method. 'Baked has talked about it, now Mendel is doing it, so I might as well give it a go. Sounds a lot less messy than the ice and water method I've been doing, although the cement mixer takes a lot of the labor out of it. Won't hurt to try.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

M

mendel

Been busy today. I sowed 2 more flats of peppers this morning. Its nice to be finally getting the garden started, on a cold rainy day.

I decided to try a diff banana bread recipe, so made this one with infused coconut oil. It made 7 3 x 5" loaves, they are in the oven now. They ought to be plenty strong, I mixed 30 grams of kief into 3 cups of coconut oil and let simmer overnite in the crock pot than strained.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/6984/banana-sour-cream-bread/?internalSource=next recipe&referringId=229353&referringContentType=recipe&clickId=next recipe module&EventName=6984&AnalyticsEvent=right rail nav

I will be prepping the pork shoulder this afternoon to cook tomorrow. Then im going to make a batch of bierrocks (runza) for supper. I get bored sitting around the house on cold and/or rainy days, so ive been looking for things to do.

M

mendel

I make our bacon, hams, pastrami, jerky etc.
We process our own meat, and it saves lots of money.

I need to get on it. I bought this book at salvation army a few years ago. Got it for $1, fuck yea!

https://www.sausagemaker.com/Great-Sausage-Recipes-and-Meat-Curing-p/26-1010.htm

Have read it a few times, but havent gathered the stuff and did anything. Kind of been waiting til I get a meat grinder. The most ive done is jerky w a jerky gun I got at a local auction. I want to get a decent smoker sometime this year as well, I use a weber kettle grill w charcoal presently for smoking.

Hippie

Hippie

Mendel, you're the only stoner on here that likes to play in the kitchen, so I got something you can try if'n you care to.
You make French fries, right? Pretty brain dead; peel, slice, and deep fry.
Just for shits and grins, next time ya make 'em, boil the fries first. Get a pot full of water boiling like you were making spaghetti, toss the cut fries in it for six minutes, drain 'em in a colander, and then chuck 'em in the oil.

I think it's worth the little bit of extra effort. Bet you will, too!:)

M

mendel

I will try it. Ill have pulled pork from this pork shoulder im cooking tomorrow, so pulled pork sandwiches are in the cards, w coleslaw, and fries. The bierrocks are nearly done baking ,smells pretty fancy right about now. I still have some key lime pie for dessert.

Freshone

Freshone

Mendel, you're the only stoner on here that likes to play in the kitchen, so I got something you can try if'n you care to.
You make French fries, right? Pretty brain dead; peel, slice, and deep fry.
Just for shits and grins, next time ya make 'em, boil the fries first. Get a pot full of water boiling like you were making spaghetti, toss the cut fries in it for six minutes, drain 'em in a colander, and then chuck 'em in the oil.

I think it's worth the little bit of extra effort. Bet you will, too!:)
I am making chili fries right now,lol.Homemade chili but not fries(lazy fuck today).When you throw the homemade fries in the boiling water it's called blanching,works great for veggies too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom