What The Heck Is Wrong With My Plant??

• Thread starter notacriminal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
notacriminal

notacriminal

Checked on my plant today and found a leaf looking like this. Had it happen to the first two "real" leaves, the one with 1 and 3 knuckles, although they looked WAY worse, completely yellowed, one of crispy, the other spongy. Snipped them off and thought that was that, but now it's happened again.
As far as I can tell going from pics and descriptions, it's not a deficiency, not a mold and not a pest. So what in the world is it?

I'm using BioBizz All-Mix soil, and feeding it with Bloom and Grow.
100W LED light some 60cm away. Rest of the plant looks fine.

I used a water spray to spray some dilute epsom salt on it a while back, but the nozzle itself was previously used on a bottle of toilet cleaner. Washed it for hours with water and vinegar, but could that be the reason why some of my leaves are looking like this?
Thanks.

What the heck is wrong with my plant
notacriminal

notacriminal

Gotcha. Plant's pretty curled due to LST, so it's pretty hard to get a shot of the whole stem. It all looks like this, though.

Plantboy
Stem
notacriminal

notacriminal

Like high humidity or splashing water? My humidity is at about 35-40 and I don't really hit the plant when watering, only a few drops at most.
You might be right though, considering it's only happening to leaves that are pretty close to soil level.

Smerb

Smerb

Like high humidity or splashing water? My humidity is at about 35-40 and I don't really hit the plant when watering, only a few drops at most.
You might be right though, considering it's only happening to leaves that are pretty close to soil level.
Maybe too much water too often, and finally your seeing a little funky leaf. Should be fine.

notacriminal

notacriminal

Maybe too much water too often, and finally your seeing a little funky leaf. Should be fine.
Watering 500ml every 3 days using an 18L pot, so it shouldn't be too much water, I hope. Starting today I'm upping it to at least a litre a time, though, because god damn 500ml is not a lot for this huge pot.

That plant looks like its in good health.. and plants will eject lower leaves that are not synthesizing sun anymore.... lower leaves are common
Yeah, found another leaf that's completely pale, at the very darkest spot.

Glad to hear it's alright though, thanks guys.

notacriminal

notacriminal

Oh no, spotted this today. Please tell me it isn't what I think it is.

The enclosure's pretty cramped, but I wouldn't have thought it'd result in pollen sacks popping up (if that is indeed what this is). I snapped pictures of a couple more, but my phone didn't seem to think it was necessary to actually save them.

Ohno
visajoe1

visajoe1

Well, fuck. I'm guessing the seeds from this thing won't be worth a whole lot as they'll probably turn hermie as well, yeah?
assuming its a hermie and not a male you could let it grow out, but most would recommend not to, myself included. Your best bet, as much as it hurts, toss it right now and start over asap. can you get a clone?

notacriminal

notacriminal

There's tons of female flowers all over, so it's def a herm.
Can't clone it either since it's an auto, unless I'm misunderstanding something.
It's also my only plant, since I can only grow one at a time due to size constraints. I'll just keep it going and hope the male flowers won't burst ( fat chance ).

Still, seeded weed is better than no weed at all.

whitebob

whitebob

There's tons of female flowers all over, so it's def a herm.
Can't clone it either since it's an auto, unless I'm misunderstanding something.
It's also my only plant, since I can only grow one at a time due to size constraints. I'll just keep it going and hope the male flowers won't burst ( fat chance ).

Still, seeded weed is better than no weed at all.
keep picking off the balls... takes time but needs must,,,

Homesteader

Homesteader

Where is the sac? I don't see any.
Mobile nutrients vs immobile nutrients.
When a plant can take nutes from older leaves to feed new ones, it does.....provided that said nute is a mobile one and your soil is depleted. This is why I would suggest people leave ALL lower leaves (at least until they die), and use this as the canary in the coal mine to diagnose.
Probably starting to show a short on K.....which actually probably means too high on magnesium in your soil.
Add some gypsum and Sul-Po-Mag and water to runoff a few weeks later to correct this. the Sulfate will bind with the mag to become magnesium sulfate (epsom salt) and will become leachable.
T

Last edited:
JMcG

JMcG

One plant... pick off the balls asap, one by one, get them all , look again in a few days. Should help t mitigate the damage, maybe a few beans in the end, but some stash too.
Only if desperate tho, I would chop it personally.

notacriminal

notacriminal

Where is the sac? I don't see any.
Mobile nutrients vs immobile nutrients.
When a plant can take nutes from older leaves to feed new ones, it does.....provided that said nute is a mobile one and your soil is depleted. This is why I would suggest people leave ALL lower leaves (at least until they die), and use this as the canary in the coal mine to diagnose.
Probably starting to show a short on K.....which actually probably means too high on magnesium in your soil.
Add some gypsum and Sul-Po-Mag and water to runoff a few weeks later to correct this. the Sulfate will bind with the mag to become magnesium sulfate (epsom salt) and will become leachable.
T
Thanks for the advice, but I don't think it applies here. After giving a good sniff to all some new foliage that dropped, they all have the scent of the toilet cleaner as the nozzle I used... Really stupid on my part, but what the hell, live and learn. Either way, I'm definitely noting this down.

One plant... pick off the balls asap, one by one, get them all , look again in a few days. Should help t mitigate the damage, maybe a few beans in the end, but some stash too.
Only if desperate tho, I would chop it personally.
All three of the sacs I've discovered turned white over the last couple days. I could almost remove them by looking at them. None have returned so I think I'm in the clear.

Thanks for everyone's replies. I've got this under control now! I doubt I'll be able to have this done by 4/20, so if you can, smoke a bowl for me ;)

notacriminal

notacriminal

Update, I suppose!
It's going well. Underbrush basically gone due to poor light penetration, but the plant's looking healthy. Bud's filling out slowly but surely, and the trichome production is well on it's way. One of my LEDs burned out and the "zener diode protection" scheme didn't work at all, so I had to solder a wire across the broken LED. Probably gonna get some CFLs to supplement the light, now.

I'm on day 93 since planting the seed, so this is ridiculously slow compared to the last grow I did, Speed Bud, which I harvested at 56 days from seed. This yield is easily over double, though, so it's all turns and roundabouts.

Donk

Latest posts

Top Bottom