Making A Mammoth P Culture From Bottle- Unlimited Supply Possible?!?!

• Thread starter Jackstraw215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jackstraw215

Jackstraw215

Sooooo, I just got this bottle of Mammoth P in hopes it can correct some Phosphorous deficiencies I'm having in organic soil where I believe my amendments aren't being broken down properly. This stuff is pricey.... $80 for 250ml which apparently is only enough for 100 gals in soil... In this (<click) article (which I believe may have been sponsored by Mammoth P lol)... talks about using mammoth P bacterial cultures they made and apparently used very successfully... It's got me thinking "hey I could just make a culture and save some money and just make a lifetime supply"... But my experience creating living cultures is non existent,so, what types of substrates/ mediums/ techniques would one use in this and is this even a good idea?? I figures some of yalls farmers have got to have some insight / experience on the subject of liquid bacterial cultures...

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You could make a tea like the one in my aact link to go with your big P

Jackstraw215

Jackstraw215

You could make a tea like the one in my aact link to go with your big P
I have been making teas similar to that with molasses and EWC. As well as another tea dry mix. Ive just been brewing about 20 gals at a time with 1/2 cup molassas and like 2-4 cups ewc.. is that bad to do, brew 20 gals, insted of diluting 5 gals??

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I just eyeball out some molasses and gh flora blend with a scoop of great white and bubble it over night, the plants love it.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

I too, have wondered about this. It says on the bottle that it's like 2% alfalfa extract. If you could make an alfalfa tea, sterilize that in a pressure cooker. Let it cool to room temperature, then inoculate with the Mammoth P you may be onto something. I wanted to try it with my bottle but never got around to it. I would try it with a fresh bottle for sure.

Jackstraw215

Jackstraw215

I too, have wondered about this. It says on the bottle that it's like 2% alfalfa extract. If you could make an alfalfa tea, sterilize that in a pressure cooker. Let it cool to room temperature, then inoculate with the Mammoth P you may be onto something. I wanted to try it with my bottle but never got around to it. I would try it with a fresh bottle for sure.
Right that sounds like a grand idea.. I did a bit of research on liquid cultures and there is a method called a "nutrient broth" which involves a liquid substrate, something similar to agar but liquid maybe?? Another challenge would be knowing the size of your little bacterial colony and the ratio to dilute it down.... Hmmmm... We need some of the more scientific-minded members to chime in!! Unfortunately they may not have interest in this subject...

Jackstraw215

Jackstraw215

So I left a bit of of mammoth and some "natures nectar phosphorus" (guano and water) from a watering in my res to bubble for a couple days and it was frothy as shizz.. definitely seemed to make some microbes multiply.

Thcreefer

Thcreefer

Too bad yall are in dirt but i will let you know what i can put together in the few weeks or so thanks for the beautiful input on topic i was just newly turned on too. I noticed a major change in 3 flood cycles. And now i am stuck like HOW IN THE FUCK AM I GONNA CLONE A BACTERIA MICROBE? ....0.0 thanks guys its just basic microbe culturing?

Jackstraw215

Jackstraw215

seems like just brewing it in your tea helps a ton. I laid off using it until now that 5 weeks into flower and i swear my buds got bigger each day after the last 2 heavy feedings with it.

K

KOC420

I have been making teas similar to that with molasses and EWC. As well as another tea dry mix. Ive just been brewing about 20 gals at a time with 1/2 cup molassas and like 2-4 cups ewc.. is that bad to do, brew 20 gals, insted of diluting 5 gals??
What's ewc. Thanks

Top Bottom