Led Height

• Thread starter popa thizzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

popa thizzz

Hey guys I'm using a 450 full spectrum led and was wondering how far from the plants should they hang right now I got them about 14 inches or so but my friend told me with led full spectrum u should hang them about 2 inches away what is your thoughts

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I'm thinking 2" is WAY too close. The LED I bought had height recommendations (Veg and Bloom) with the literature.
with my LED fixture, I started at 36" for seedlings and slowly moved to 24". I'm now at 18" for bloom. I'm not saying your light should be the same, just giving you a rough idea of some heights.

NOTE: at one point, my plants stretched to within 6" of the lights during bloom and really cooked my kola leaves.

P

popa thizzz

Yea see my plants look real good and my lights didn't give me a recommendation but I just figured to have it about 12 inches away would be where it gave them good geat and hopefully wouldn't burn them but he was saying that in veg with full spectrum led u don't need to worry about burning them cuz it don't give off enough heat Idk for sure tho but thanks for the input

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Yea see my plants look real good and my lights didn't give me a recommendation but I just figured to have it about 12 inches away would be where it gave them good geat and hopefully wouldn't burn them but he was saying that in veg with full spectrum led u don't need to worry about burning them cuz it don't give off enough heat Idk for sure tho but thanks for the input

if your plants look real healthy, then keep doing what you're doing.
so for clarification: it's not the heat that burns the leaves, it's the light intensity.

P

popa thizzz

See that I haven't done yet I plan on getting a fan today thank you I wasn't sure if I needed one for sure or not

I

Impatmalone

I recon the manafacturers reccomendations are way to cautious. I guess they dont want some big manafacturer destroying a massive crop and it being on them. Itll depend on the plant 2 inch for a straight indica or a straight sativa will have completly different results. Like above if they look good keep going. Youll know when your too close, if you really listen you can actually hear them whisper. Na seriously just make sure you look at them under a natural light every now and then cos led lighrs can make things a bit deceiving i beleive

H

hawkman

Hey guys I'm using a 450 full spectrum led and was wondering how far from the plants should they hang right now I got them about 14 inches or so but my friend told me with led full spectrum u should hang them about 2 inches away what is your thoughts
with them height's you will get high intensity heat issues and short plants -26 inches veg -18-20 inches flower for a 300 watt works well for an example. can get you a chart for led height's - if you want it. how are your plants?

P

popa thizzz

with them height's you will get high intensity heat issues and short plants -26 inches veg -18-20 inches flower for a 300 watt works well for an example. can get you a chart for led height's - if you want it. how are your plants?
I've had them at 18 inches they look good
See

H

hawkman

was at 12-18 inches with 2 - 300 leds (GALAXYHYDRO) and the plant were short and showed signs of heat intensity -- now at 24 give-or-take - now the leaves are pointing up-ward in stead of being flat (buds)(sugar leaves)

P

popa thizzz

was at 12-18 inches with 2 - 300 leds (GALAXYHYDRO) and the plant were short and showed signs of heat intensity -- now at 24 give-or-take - now the leaves are pointing up-ward in stead of being flat (buds)(sugar leaves)
See my leaves r flat or they curve left or right I don't quite understand my lights for flower r 2 900 watt led meizhi and my veg is 1 450 watt meizhi

H

hawkman

See my leaves r flat or they curve left or right I don't quite understand my lights for flower r 2 900 watt led meizhi and my veg is 1 450 watt meizhi
if leaves curl dose it also indicate high heat ? just learning myself (1st led grow) ( the leaf thing I got from the directions with a led panel concerning light distance ( have 2 galaxyhydro 300's looked at meizhi and was going to purchase but changed mine. so sounds like you are happy with it ?)

P

popa thizzz

if leaves curl dose it also indicate high heat ? just learning myself (1st led grow) ( the leaf thing I got from the directions with a led panel concerning light distance ( have 2 galaxyhydro 300's looked at meizhi and was going to purchase but changed mine. so sounds like you are happy with it ?)
Everything when they curve usually like a nute problem which I don't give much nutes til they look sad do i don't think that helps but I love my lights for the price I plan on getting about 2 or 4 more for my flower tent just to improve more lighting

Top Bottom