May Seem Like An Odd Question, But How Do I Make It Weaker?

• Thread starter PsychoFox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PsychoFox

My question is what are the techniques or solutions to make cannabis (or the final product) weaker? Or perhaps have more of a narcotic like effect.

I know this sounds odd, and there's tons of information about increased potency. But I cant seem to find the reverse information about knocking it down.

So a little bit of background information so you understand why I asked this question. I apologize in advance for the long read but I want to make sure you guys have all of the info. When I was back in high school in the mid-90s I was a frequent cannabis smoker. When I smoked back then the effects I would get were: mellow, relaxed, happy, feel on top of the world and just generally blissful, and most of the times really sleepy. I would often find myself barely able to keep my eyes open from how relaxed, mellow, and sleepy I felt. I was always clear mentally, there was nothing intoxicating, psychedelic, trippy, or disturbing in any way. I really loved it. I loved that great feeling. The weed always had seeds in it. Always. It smelled great. Sometimes it was harsh to smoke and sometimes it wasnt. I was never given any name of strains or types (except once where my friend said its Skunk, but I dont know if they were simply throwing a random well known name out to sound trendy). So I had no clue whether I was smoking Indicas or Sativas, but all of it felt the exact same. No matter what I got for those 3 years I was smoking, it all had the exact same effects on me. Some obviously were a little stronger than others but it was always the happy, mellow, relaxed, and blissful feeling. It was a small town, in the middle of nowhere, so basically all of the stuff was local or somewhat local I believe.

Until .... the one day. Some friends decided to take a little bit of a drive to a large city and buy a large supply of weed to bring back to our little town. This was the first time I saw seedless (sinsemilla) cannabis. It smelt similar, but it was definitely different. Well I made the mistake of treating it the exact same as I was used to and smoked the exact same amount as I normally would. Biggest mistake of my life. Lets just say it messed me up real bad. I was dissociative and suffered an extreme episode of depersonalization, derealization for nearly 8 hours. Everything was warped and distorted. I kept losing consciousness as I'd scream out loud in fear and intense feeling of reality crumbling around me. Nothing felt real, including myself. It was not fun at all. That experience left me so terrified that I didn't touch weed for many many years, and only I did when I was fairly drunk and that was rarely.

Fast forward to today. After nearly two decades of staying away from it I decided to regain my courage and try again. Mainly for medical reasons. And I started slow and was very careful. Then I slowly began to get more comfortable with it again. But its just not the same. Everything is all sinsemilla. There's no seeded stuff anywhere here. So I cant even compare the two. The weed that is around today doesnt leave me feeling the same way as before. It makes me feel panicky, flighty, extremely anxious ... basically not even close to relaxed and mellow at all. Its not the great feeling I remember. Its definitely trippy, has me on edge and just works me up too much. It almost feels like taking high doses of caffeine coupled with a panic attack at the same time.

I remember it being a more narcotic like, mellow, sleepy, happy feeling. And thats what I want and am looking for. But no matter what I try its just not giving me those results. I've tried low THC/high CBD strains. They are okay but still not even close to what I remember. I've tried indica's, I've tried sativa's. Same results.

Is it seeded cannabis I'm looking for? Could that lead to the difference in effects?

Is it more CBN (not CBD) that I'm seeking? If so how does one increase CBN levels?

Is it a specific strain that gives that narcotic, mellow, happy feeling?

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

You could harvest the plants a few weeks before its ready and he crystals are still premature. Sounds like u got some laced stuff back in the day lol and u say trying straight indicas give u the same effect as Sativas that is strange. Even a true CBD strains should give u very lil to no anxiety or narcotic effects. Truly a puzzle

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Different strains absolutely have different effects Cali mist if u can find it I believe was very mellow try that one

P

PsychoFox

You could harvest the plants a few weeks before its ready and he crystals are still premature. Sounds like u got some laced stuff back in the day lol and u say trying straight indicas give u the same effect as Sativas that is strange.

I initially thought it was laced too, but no one else had a bad reaction as I did. So maybe it was just me. But then again I smoked way more of it than others did. I still kinda lean towards not.

Yeah it is strange the I dont see much difference between effects of indica vs sativa. I mean there is slight differences, but overall they arent extreme enough to stay they feel totally different for me personally.

Even a true CBD strains should give u very lil to no anxiety or narcotic effects. Truly a puzzle

Thats what I've read and led me to try them. But I could only find low THC/high CBD sativa strains so far. And while they were okay if I had too much it led to anxious feelings for 10 seconds or so and then subside.

Truly a puzzle

I know. I'm just as puzzled.

P

PsychoFox

You could harvest the plants a few weeks before its ready and he crystals are still premature.

Hmmm. Interesting option.

I thought harvesting early leads to more a racy, heady and speedy type high?

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Hmmm. Interesting option.

I thought harvesting early leads to more a racy, heady and speedy type high?

The high won't last as long Iv heard but is more light and airy. I would try a CBD indica cross I know u said you have only been able to find the CBD sativa cross are there not many care givers in your area?
Weed with seeds in it is just the result of a bottom level grower I don't believe would effect the stain itself but I do strongly believe different strains effect others differently u may just need to find your strain that works for you but one thing is for sure weed is def not getting weaker lol

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

It is sativa or indica. Hybrids will give you something in between but you never know exactly what. It is more of a matter of years of research to come up with a strain that you are looking for. You're going to have to try a lot of them but keep in mind you don't want to get stuck on one anyway cuz it gets old.

xenon730

xenon730

why don't you just grow seeded?
the weaker answer you're looking for is get a fast strain and grow it very long. don't flush it early or it'll start dying before harvest but basically get an 8 week strain and grow it 12 weeks or more. wait until it herms and seeds itself even. dry it out fast and don't give it a fussy cure. it will definitely be weaker and maybe seeded but not crappy. also, your anxiety response may not go away for a long time no matter what you smoke. best bet is to keep taking one or two hits all day for a few weeks to get rid of the jarring effect from the newness of the buzz. that will also help a lot. consuming low thc doses would work even better but if you screw up you'll go through panic hell so don't try eating anything. you are likely experiencing panic from the sudden onset of stronger marijuana. that is not uncommon and all of your symptoms match panic. a tolerance or even just being used to thc should remove that sudden panic and derealization. that sort of needle in the brain, everything seems off feeling is likely from not smoking for so long. most people describe their first few highs as not being real or being in a movie in my experience. look up any bad trip and it'll match this post. hope this all helps, i had a patient go through similar and i microdosed him with 1:1 thc:cbd increasing over a month and then had him smoking small amounts all day and when he finally went in on a cannon he was okay though he said he still experienced some anxiety, it just felt tolerable.

Last edited:
Farmer P

Farmer P

I'm thinking like Xenon. You had a better tolerance before. Smoke less until your tolerance builds back up. Maybe start with one hit at a time.

S

Sherlock

Oddly enough I had this request from one of my uncles! "hey next time you have a harvest go really bad let me have some of that bud, everything's too strong these days so I think I just need crappy weed!" I told him either go with a strain like harlequin or good medicine that has a little thc but is mainly cbd. Or I agree with the statements to grow a plant too long. It should give a far more necrotic effect vs an early plant that yes will be a quick and weaker high, but extremely racy. And ya, smoke less for now and work your way up. Have a buddy that quit a few years back after dabbing many times daily. Now he smokes a bowl or two and that's all he can handle, but its a bowl or two more than when he started back, in some time if he wants I am sure he will be back into some dabbing. Good luck!

M

MamaBear

Wow! I got some serious deja vu reading this! We always got "skunk" back when I was younger too - nice, mellow, lazy stuff and I really loved it. Everything seems so "up" these days and gets me on the edge of panic attacks if I smoke too much.

You just gotta find the right strain for you. Unfortunately, that means growing or buying a lot of different ones and that takes time and money.
Stick with heavy indicas and harvest late (all amber trics). Give them a good long cure.
If you find it's too strong, toss it in a drawer for a few months to age some more.

You were traumatized by the strong stuff and now every time you smoke, your mind IS WAITING for that panic attack. Just keep telling yourself "This will calm down in less than an hour" and you'll be fine.

Oddly enough, I find the high THC isn't the problem.
Strains with high Mercene (that earthy dirt smell in most kush strains) is what you want.
Mercene keeps the THC from full blasting your brain - sorta thins it out and slows it down.
Indicas almost always have high mercene levels while Sativas usually have low or no mercene.
So many hybrids these days have mixed a lot of strains up. Go for old Kush strains that have not been crossed with any sativas.

S

Sherlock

You need some good old-fashioned Mexican dirt weed. Try to find an old hippie that might have some seeds.
When you find this hippie, please please please tell him I want those seeds. Some unworked pure Mexican lines would be AMAZING!! Only reason it wasn't good quality was purpose it was grown and transport!

Sherlock

whitepistols

whitepistols

Really surprised noone said anything about the stages of trichomes. That is what you need to understand to get weaker or if you want narcotic.

Top Bottom