Maine's First Grow Journal????

• Thread starter Maine.Grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1816 House

1816 House

My water is pretty good, the PH , nitrogen ,and dissolved solids are good. I just didn't know that Nutes change the PH so drastically till I was on the edge of disaster.

The Radium and Chromium are from natural decay in the Granite bedrock, unfortunately they add the Chlorine by Federal Law.
It's annoying, the water is drawn from a + 200' well in a sand deposit sitting atop a granite ledge, that's a pretty good filter and catch basin.

Total Hardness 12ppm
Manganese 0.032ppm
Zinc .0020ppm
pH 7.2
Sodium 5.2ppm
Sulfate 13ppb
Total Chloride 10ppm
TOTAL COLIFORM BACTERIA 0
CHLORINE 1.8 ppm
NITRATE NITROGEN < 1.0 ppm
CHROMIUM 1 ppb
RADIUM – 228 < 3 pCi/l

Maine.Grower

Maine.Grower

Oh damn...see thats some batman shit right there. All technicall with the numbers for everything haha :) I wish I had the time to learn and do everything haha. Don't we all? Right now I work my 9-5 and take care of my aging mother, plus my better half and 3 kids. So my time for this cuts into ALL my free time haha. I'm hoping to do a 'market test' of sorts in my area over the next year. And if I can make enough to even consider quitting my job, I'd love to open my own store once the laws go through. Something small and special to the area. Homegrown weed for the honetown folk :) Prices like we all remember from 10-15 years ago, with the quality of todays technology and growing :D As I've said before...I can dream right? Haha. If I could do that...then I'd have the dedicated time to really further my knowledge. Man, if only...

Peace

1816 House

1816 House

See, that's my problem. I'm a sponge soaking up info, but that cures ignorance, not stupidity.
I'll have to sort this out in my brain for awhile thru trial and error, make the regular dumb mistakes that I read about and ignore, then it will all click together on some deep state weed. Coco is way too complicated to do straight.

Now I got to go break my tent down and move everything. The fan & filter placement needs to be moved, it's making my light sit off kilter, and I got to put up the fire system bottle and pipe a sprinkler fitting above the expanding grow area. sigh...trial and error..

Too bad you can't set up a WeedMobile on the road to Acadia or Rt 1 , 3 months of that would pay the kids college bills.

The 1816 House

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Nope, that's me most the time. This is me a'learning PH stuff.
1390005760_8.jpg

Any time I have doubts or safety concerns about an decision I'm going to make, I ask "What would Jethro do? ", then do the opposite!
However, when logic and reason don't work, then the solution is to put my gigantic brain to work and adjust the PH like only Jethro could do it.
Whenever I pack a lunch I like to pack one like Jethro would...
Also wouldn't mind a little of granny's old rhumatiz medicine...

1816 House

1816 House

Lol, Jethro is not as dumb as he looks, but not as smart as he thinks either... someone told me that years ago, best criticism I ever got..once I got over the insult,haha.

Maine.Grower

Maine.Grower

Got one of my new lights up just too see how it compared to the 1200 watt purple light...I'm very excited to start this next room :)
20170717 190223
20170717 190300
20170717 190055

These girls are looking good @ 47 days today. Trying to hold out till 58 (next saturday)...gonna be tough haha

1816 House

1816 House

Nice grow! Looks like Christmas shopping is all done for you.
What strain is that again? Thats the Purple Bud, isn't it?
And what light did you get?

Maine.Grower

Maine.Grower

Nice grow! Looks like Christmas shopping is all done for you.
What strain is that again? Thats the Purple Bud, isn't it?
And what light did you get?

This room and the other current room are both strictly MOB...my PurpleBud is still in this stage :) Going into this room after I harvest.
20170718 214951

As for the lights. The white/yellow one is a Roleadro 300 watt -
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01HI3AFYM/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And the pinky purple is a TOPL 1200 watt -
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01L8R2ZF6/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Side note about LEDs from amazon just cause I realized this yesterday and it kind of irritated me haha. I've now bought 2 TOPLs, 2 King Plus and these 2 Roleadro...and they all claimed and showed the ability to daisy chain with a 'special' cord. But NONE of them have come with it.

1816 House

1816 House

Haha, I thought that was the 300w Roleandro, can't believe I knew that.
I saw those listed, and they had one version with the daisy chain plug for 8-10 bucks more and that one.
I had to look for a while to see the difference, and now it's not listed any more.

Maine.Grower

Maine.Grower

Haha, I thought that was the 300w Roleandro, can't believe I knew that.
I saw those listed, and they had one version with the daisy chain plug for 8-10 bucks more and that one.
I had to look for a while to see the difference, and now it's not listed any more.

You know, I vaguely remember looking at 2 different lights and choosing this one (probably cause it was cheaper haha)...but I don't see any others like it when I go back and look either :/ stupid amazon...guess I should have put it on a list haha.

Farmer P

Farmer P

This room and the other current room are both strictly MOB...my PurpleBud is still in this stage :) Going into this room after I harvest.
View attachment 721529

As for the lights. The white/yellow one is a Roleadro 300 watt -
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01HI3AFYM/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And the pinky purple is a TOPL 1200 watt -
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01L8R2ZF6/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Side note about LEDs from amazon just cause I realized this yesterday and it kind of irritated me haha. I've now bought 2 TOPLs, 2 King Plus and these 2 Roleadro...and they all claimed and showed the ability to daisy chain with a 'special' cord. But NONE of them have come with it.

They usually do not need a special cord. The one it came with should work. The socket looks funny because they make it to where it can accept a few different types of plug but if you plug your regular plug in you'll see it fits. I thought the same thing until someone mentioned what I just told you. Looks like some crazy alien socket lol.

1816 House

1816 House

I hope that rule doesn't pass, but the lobby that sponsored the ballot has been quick to fold on other issues.
Seems anything is fine with them as long as retail operations gets opened soon.
This will boost their market share if they cut out farmers, innkeepers and sharecroppers.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

This law proposal is for the "personal" grower only
"This would not affect commercial growers or medical marijuana caregivers, who can grow plants for up to five patients at a time."

The argument is:
"a property owner should have the right to make a living off his property as long as it’s not bothering neighbors. If state law gives everyone the right to grow six mature plants for recreational use, then a farmer should be able to rent his property to individuals who want a recreational home grow but don’t have the room to do it" which is all well and good except we all tend to bend the rules a bit and we all know what will happen: The property owner will come up with dozens of "phantom" individuals so they can up their personal plant count and start flooding the black market.

so I kind of see the point of the proposed rules, but I do understand that there are people that could benefit from renting a small plot of land from a land owner, kind of like town community vegetable gardens .

Latest posts

Top Bottom