Aloha

• Thread starter OnePunchKane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OnePunchKane

aloha "ohana my name is KG
will be emptying my cup to receive any knowledge that can be given. much mahalo ahead of time!!
through out time is will have some questions i could totally use the Mana'o for. like as of what is a good soil to use at first. lighting, in door, out door etc. anything will help AND MALAMA KA AINA MALAMA I KE KAI!!! A HUI HOU MALAMA PONO \.../ \.../

O

OnePunchKane

Aloha,
I would like to use organic soil and ferts. For starters what's is a soil to start with the beginning stage. And also would it be better to always change out soil often? Or is out okay to keep um? And when is it a good time to start my crops ( if it was a specific month or time in the year.

Mahalo for getting back to me !! A hui hou

Ceveres

Ceveres

Nectar for the Gods is a good organic line and they also make some nice soil. Or Earth Juice nutes and Roots Organic soil. Lots of good options for bottled nutes and soils for beginners. The Nectar line is rather large but you really only need 4 bottles for some nice frosty flowers.

SurfdOut

SurfdOut

You can keep it pretty simple man, mix Promix with Fox Farms dry nutes or you can buy an organic soil that already has a nutrient charge. I wouldnt use bottles but mix fert into your soil and just water.

Recycling your soil is good, you can just bust it up after you harvest and mix in more nutes and go again as long as you didnt get bugs in your soil. My soil is years old.

We flower out all year and just use sup lighting to keep our plants in veg.

IMG 20160223 171500

O

OnePunchKane

You can keep it pretty simple man, mix Promix with Fox Farms dry nutes or you can buy an organic soil that already has a nutrient charge. I wouldnt use bottles but mix fert into your soil and just water.

Recycling your soil is good, you can just bust it up after you harvest and mix in more nutes and go again as long as you didnt get bugs in your soil. My soil is years old.

We flower out all year and just use sup lighting to keep our plants in veg.

View attachment 729098

Aloha,
mahalo!!! @SurfdOut for the knowledge. i cannot wait to show our progress. I will be keeping in touch my friend.

O

OnePunchKane

hey how about an energy source to save on the electric bill? Any knowledge about saving? maybe an average on what i could be lookin at on my electric bill?

Menehune

Menehune

hey how about an energy source to save on the electric bill? Any knowledge about saving? maybe an average on what i could be lookin at on my electric bill?

1. Add up the electrical draw of all your equipment (your lights/fans/etc...)
2. Size your system
3. Ask the Menehune to hook you up with some sola panels
4. Buy a charge controller
5. Buy an inverter
6. Buy some batteries
7. Off-grid grow brah

Educate yourself:

Ceveres

Ceveres

1. Add up the electrical draw of all your equipment (your lights/fans/etc...)
2. Size your system
3. Ask the Menehune to hook you up with some sola panels
4. Buy a charge controller
5. Buy an inverter
6. Buy some batteries
7. Off-grid grow brah

Educate yourself:
Wow... this is truly incredible stuff.. Solar power was always something I desired, but thought was impossible. I would love to even supplement my energy costs which aren't that bad to begin with. Thank you for this

Menehune

Menehune

No worries @Ceveres

Electricity in Hawaii costs about $0.30/kWh so you'll find a lot of peeps here that are knowledgable in renewable energy. Photovoltaic systems are fairly simple, and with a little research anyone can put one together. Now that there are companies like renogy offering simple packages, the barrier to entry on installing your own system has become rather small.

If anyone is trying to size their system or wire it up, holler at me and I'll offer advice. No need to pay big markups to a solar company if your not tying to the grid (utility supply). When you grid-tie, all sort of regulations, licensing and permitting apply. When your off-grid (with batteries and not tied to grid) you can pretty much do what you like.

If in doubt, though, give me a shout. I have waaaay more experience with PV then I do with growing at this point so I'm glad to contribute to this community in this way. Aloha

Ceveres

Ceveres

No worries @Ceveres

Electricity in Hawaii costs about $0.30/kWh so you'll find a lot of peeps here that are knowledgable in renewable energy. Photovoltaic systems are fairly simple, and with a little research anyone can put one together. Now that there are companies like renogy offering simple packages, the barrier to entry on installing your own system has become rather small.

If anyone is trying to size their system or wire it up, holler at me and I'll offer advice. No need to pay big markups to a solar company if your not tying to the grid (utility supply). When you grid-tie, all sort of regulations, licensing and permitting apply. When your off-grid (with batteries and not tied to grid) you can pretty much do what you like.

If in doubt, though, give me a shout. I have waaaay more experience with PV then I do with growing at this point so I'm glad to contribute to this community in this way. Aloha
Glad to have you! I'll def holler at ya if/when I get that far. Just being able to power a few lights would allow me to run A/C which in turn would allow more lights lol. I have a lot to learn before I get far enough to bore you with noob ?'s :joyful: $0.30/kwh?!?! Good god no doubt there's a lot of renewable going on over there!

Peace

Top Bottom