Back To Growing

• Thread starter Strangeone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thanks a lot smithsjunk, I'll try the pellets, I really appreciate all your input..

No problemo man. I want everyone to have huge trees. On that note, have you checked out the pictures of trees thread? Crazy huge plants. I am so doing that next year.

My Kush are almost trees. When I added fert this morning I couldn't mix it in the topsoil because of too many root hairs. Had to water it in. But that means that my 100 gal smart pots are maxed out and it's only the pots limiting their size. If I switch to 400 gal or bigger next year I could easily grow 12'-14'ers. Boooyah!

Please forgive me. I used to be a writer, and when I'm baked I start scribbling. Pretty toasty right now, lol.

Strangeone

Strangeone

No problemo man. I want everyone to have huge trees. On that note, have you checked out the pictures of trees thread? Crazy huge plants. I am so doing that next year.

My Kush are almost trees. When I added fert this morning I couldn't mix it in the topsoil because of too many root hairs. Had to water it in. But that means that my 100 gal smart pots are maxed out and it's only the pots limiting their size. If I switch to 400 gal or bigger next year I could easily grow 12'-14'ers. Boooyah!

Please forgive me. I used to be a writer, and when I'm baked I start scribbling. Pretty toasty right now, lol.
Lol, I'm pretty baked myself..i'll check out the tree's thread, I would love to grow something like that but absolutely do not have the room for something that big, but on that note I had to bump my greenhouse up another foot today, these girl's are showing no sign of slowing down, but that's definitely a good thing, :smoking:I really appreciate all your advice smithsjunk, I covered the roots with soil and I'm running down to get the pellets here in a little while.thanks again man. :cool:

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Lol, I'm pretty baked myself..i'll check out the tree's thread, I would love to grow something like that but absolutely do not have the room for something that big, but on that note I had to bump my greenhouse up another foot today, these girl's are showing no sign of slowing down, but that's definitely a good thing, :smoking:I really appreciate all your advice smithsjunk, I covered the roots with soil and I'm running down to get the pellets here in a little while.thanks again man. :cool:

That's awesome man. Glad I could help.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Use the pellets in your soil mix next year. They also help keep the soil airrated. I'll post the soil mix on my "Hello Fellow Cultivators" thread next time I go down to the garden and look at the bags. I got it from a Jorge Cervantes YouTube vid. He's who I learned about the pellets from. Adding predatory nematodes, earth worms, and micri-nute feeding in the ammendments next year. 4-6 weeks before planting. Hoping to keep the bugs under control before they're a problem.

I think I'll start a grow log thread soon and move away from the introduction forum.

Strangeone

Strangeone

Use the pellets in your soil mix next year. They also help keep the soil airrated. I'll post the soil mix on my "Hello Fellow Cultivators" thread next time I go down to the garden and look at the bags. I got it from a Jorge Cervantes YouTube vid. He's who I learned about the pellets from. Adding predatory nematodes, earth worms, and micri-nute feeding in the ammendments next year. 4-6 weeks before planting. Hoping to keep the bugs under control before they're a problem.

I think I'll start a grow log thread soon and move away from the introduction forum.
Hey smithsjunk, are those 16mm clay pellets you're using?

Rcubed

Rcubed

Maybe lace bugs? If it is, you can use soap solution and neem oil. Do you see any small little knat like bugs with cellophane like wings around your plants? If it was aphids you'd see them.

Lace bug
Strangeone

Strangeone

Maybe lace bugs? If it is, you can use soap solution and neem oil. Do you see any small little knat like bugs with cellophane like wings around your plants? If it was aphids you'd see them.
Yeah I've seen a few of these tiny little things,And they look somewhat clear, so I cut off the yellowing inflected leaves and sprayed it down with captain Jack's deadbug, so you think I should get neem oil or wait and see if this stuff works?

Last edited:
Jamesb1985

Jamesb1985

Tried and tested method for me, lock them in an air tight room. Lights and fans off and light a smoke bomb (flea/pest bomb) in there and shut it up for an hour. Do that every other day for a week. If their in flower do it every third day. It will knock them back a week but saved my ass and no issues after. Mine went crazy after that and I had the best yield in ten years.

Rcubed

Rcubed

Yeah I've seen a few of these tiny little things,And they look somewhat clear, so I cut off the yellowing inflected leaves and sprayed it down with captain Jack's deadbug, so you think I should get neem oil or wait and see if this stuff works?
If you already sprayed them you can wait and see, but the thing about spraying the soap and oil is that it discourages them from getting back on the plants. I'm not sure about Captain Jack's cause I never used it.

Strangeone

Strangeone

If you already sprayed them you can wait and see, but the thing about spraying the soap and oil is that it discourages them from getting back on the plants. I'm not sure about Captain Jack's cause I never used it.
I'm gonna give it a few days then try your method, thanks alot rcubed

Strangeone

Strangeone

Those are lace bugs huh??

Latest posts

Top Bottom