1st Grow (any Advice)

• Thread starter Daniel Hill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Daniel Hill

Daniel Hill

Hi, posters!
This is my first grow and I'm trying an NFT technique on my balcony (no bugs reach up there).
I'm just going head first into it and listening to everyone's advice.
I got some PVC (a whole fucking lot of PVC) and made the system myself.
1st grow any advice

It will fit 14 plants! :jump:

I am germinating the seeds using the wet paper towel technique because I read that it was the easiest and fastest way of telling if the seeds are good or not.
I went to a hydroponic store close by and told them I wanted organic natural nutrients. They advised me to get nutrients from Complete Hydroponics so I did. I didn't want to go all in so quickly so I just got the base nutes and told them I'd try them out. (Anyone else tried using them?)
I also got some rockwool to help them as seedlings.
1st grow any advice 2

Any tips?
I'm definitely excited about finally growing and I don't want anything to go wrong (but I know that's almost impossible).

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

What do your temperatures and humidity run on your balcony?

Dunge

Dunge

Southern hemisphere I presume.

I predict that this will be the last time you use this pipe configuration.
Tight spacing and very little to recommend the structure.
(Like how do you intend to support the plants?)

If they are a small quick auto flower you may get away with it.

Good luck.

Daniel Hill

Daniel Hill

Southern hemisphere I presume.

I predict that this will be the last time you use this pipe configuration.
Tight spacing and very little to recommend the structure.
(Like how do you intend to support the plants?)

If they are a small quick auto flower you may get away with it.

Good luck.
I was planning on doing some low-stress training on them so they wouldn't get too tall and out of hand.
I read about it here > https://talkinghydroponics.com/2017/08/03/low-stress-training-lst/

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I have a water front apartment that faces east so it's breezy and I only get morning sun. temp range between about 75-85 and humidity at about a 55-65%
I had a friend that did his on the east side against a white reflective wall like yours. It worked quite well. As long as your temperatures will stay in that range you should be pretty good. The only problem I might see is if they do not get at least 6 hours of direct sunlight per day. It would be ideal to have more hours of sunlight but I think that would do.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I have a water front apartment that faces east so it's breezy and I only get morning sun. temp range between about 75-85 and humidity at about a 55-65%
Maybe you can supplement with some Led lighting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom