Logistics Of A Small Timer Moving To Colorado?

• Thread starter cccmints
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sixstring

sixstring

lol maybe @SpiderK could provide some additional info on african scammers on craigslist and how they're related to the chemtrails which affect the solunar wind farms on jupiter and uranus conspiracy that obviously nobody is talking about because the government puts mind control juice in the water. It's why kim kardashian runs the nightwatch at the gin club on old smith road.

i lmao hard when i read mind control juice in the water,that part is fuckin funny :jimlad:

Dr.Boots

Dr.Boots

Coloradans get a little butturt when folks move there to grow,lol,they hate competition.
Personally I think you could move anywhere you want that fits your budget and grow 10-12 easily with no repercussions if you just keep your head down and use common sense.Fuck a bunch of having to live there a year first or having a card.

Know the rules well so you can break them effectively-Dalai Lama

Your opening statement is pretty hilarious, as are some of the responses-- and both say plenty about the inhabitants of this site. No one in Colorado gives a fuck about 'competition' from illegal growers moving to the state, except the few remaining local black market scammers, and they are a dying breed. We're growing our own out here, legally for the most part, many bending the rules, but the glory days of bulk black market growing are gone, and for the most part that's been accepted and welcomed, for good reason. What remains are people breaking the law by selling weed out of state, and we're happy to shut them down, because they are fucking up the structure of legal growing we created for ourselves, the state residents. Someone wants to grow and divert pounds out of state? That's a criminal operation, with all the attendant risks to the public-- and it deserves to get busted. They're not 'competion' for what we're doing here-- they're criminals. They don't care about growing for old dying patients who need cannabis, they don't care about growing for kids who have horrible seizures, they don't care about our rights as citizens under the constitution-- they care about making money, pure and simple. If they just wanted to grow weed, they could do that legally, with no risk, and no backlash. No-- they want to make money for themselves, and by doing so risk everything special we worked and fought for. Fuck those people.

M

mendel

Your opening statement is pretty hilarious, as are some of the responses-- and both say plenty about the inhabitants of this site. No one in Colorado gives a fuck about 'competition' from illegal growers moving to the state, except the few remaining local black market scammers, and they are a dying breed. We're growing our own out here, legally for the most part, many bending the rules, but the glory days of bulk black market growing are gone, and for the most part that's been accepted and welcomed, for good reason. What remains are people breaking the law by selling weed out of state, and we're happy to shut them down, because they are fucking up the structure of legal growing we created for ourselves, the state residents. Someone wants to grow and divert pounds out of state? That's a criminal operation, with all the attendant risks to the public-- and it deserves to get busted. They're not 'competion' for what we're doing here-- they're criminals. They don't care about growing for old dying patients who need cannabis, they don't care about growing for kids who have horrible seizures, they don't care about our rights as citizens under the constitution-- they care about making money, pure and simple. If they just wanted to grow weed, they could do that legally, with no risk, and no backlash. No-- they want to make money for themselves, and by doing so risk everything special we worked and fought for. Fuck those people.

Hey dummy, the state of Colorado doesnt give 2 fucks about your rights either, just your tax dollars. In 5 years im sure it will be illegal to grow your own medicine.

You dont have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

lino

lino

I can get home from ft morg quicker than driving i25 anywhere denver.
Grow bud where there is low traffic.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Damn man. You sound like you right of a Reefer Madness movie. Weed should never be considered criminal no matter who is growin smokin or buyin it. Guys like you would reinstate the war on drugs if you could. Progress is forward motion not backwards man.

PS was a BM scammer as you called it for over 30 years. And it was guyz like me and many others on this site and elsewhere that did all the heavy lifting and risk taking so ignorant asshats like you can feel warm and fuzzy about your LEGAL weed. If you dont like the inhabitants here take a hike.

C

cccmints

In an ideal world we would all be able to grow as we wish and sell to whomever we want to sell to. Weed prices would be way cheaper thus providing more access to everyone, including patients. Quality would be outstanding because of the competition. I wouldn't call someone a criminal just because they want to make money doing something that has a positive impact on the world. I mean, I know you're "legal" and all, but if you want to get technical...you're a criminal too.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
In an ideal world we would all be able to grow as we wish and sell to whomever we want to sell to. Weed prices would be way cheaper thus providing more access to everyone, including patients. Quality would be outstanding because of the competition. I wouldn't call someone a criminal just because they want to make money doing something that has a positive impact on the world. I mean, I know you're "legal" and all, but if you want to get technical...you're a criminal too.
yup pure D profiteer even legal growers want to make money. I would ask @Dr.Boots when was the last time you gifted some of your legal weed to someone truly in need? If the answer is no then to my mind that is a criminal act in itself.

sun

sun

I've lived in a state with harsh penalties on cultivating cannabis for 13 years. I'm willing to take risks, but want to minimize risk and learn what that risk is before making the move. From what I've read, small time growers in Colorado don't see trouble so long as they stay private and take the necessary precautions.

I plan to run 7,500 watts of LED and approximately 7,000-8,000 watts of equipment in the basement of a 2,000-3,000 sq. ft. home. That draw would of-course never be maxed out with much of the equipment running >50% of time time (De-humidifier, Humidifier, etc). I'm looking to do 10 plants simply to minimize penalty if caught, but maybe I'm being too cautious.

My questions consist of a few things: Penalties if caught as a non-resident with no card? Would I be drawing too much power? Would more than 10 plants be a non-issue? Good areas to live? Budget is $250k for the house.

If I need to provide more information I'd be happy to. I've always wanted to live in Colorado regardless of the weed laws (even though that's very attractive) and would only have to be illegal for a year so that's factored into my decision making process.

Thanks in advance for any input. I hope to join y'all some time next year.

id check out western slope , i love grand junction .frutia those are some nice chill little towns. or like telliride or durango , even cortez . personally i prefer them over anything on the 25

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Sessions?
or his grand son?

Freshone

Freshone

Plants don't recognize state lines,do yourself a favor and figure that out.The government has been trying by spending billions to stop it for years and you see the results of that right?You worked and fought for legalization?In 4 decades of growing I've never considered one grow legal because its not until it's decriminalized completely .Personally I think the greedy "legal" marijuana business community are the money grubbers not small scale farmers no matter where that bud goes.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I can get home from ft morg quicker than driving i25 anywhere denver.
Grow bud where there is low traffic.
But then the drones and surveillance planes can see your operation so much easier, with all of those portable A/C generators

Dr.Boots

Dr.Boots

Damn man. You sound like you right of a Reefer Madness movie. Weed should never be considered criminal no matter who is growin smokin or buyin it. Guys like you would reinstate the war on drugs if you could. Progress is forward motion not backwards man.

PS was a BM scammer as you called it for over 30 years. And it was guyz like me and many others on this site and elsewhere that did all the heavy lifting and risk taking so ignorant asshats like you can feel warm and fuzzy about your LEGAL weed. If you dont like the inhabitants here take a hike.

When it comes to risk taking I prefer to attend demonstrations for medical marijuana patients and national legalization, rather than running illegal grows for the purpose of making money. In my day, attending rallies mean risk of arrest, exposure, abuse-- but we didn't get the benefit of collecting money from selling cannabis, if that's what you mean by heavy lifting.

Dr.Boots

Dr.Boots

yup pure D profiteer even legal growers want to make money. I would ask @Dr.Boots when was the last time you gifted some of your legal weed to someone truly in need? If the answer is no then to my mind that is a criminal act in itself.

You might have missed the mention in my post that I'm a strong advocate for patient rights-- I'm also for national legalization. I believe everyone should be able to grow what they want, solely for personal use, and to give away and share. I also believe that until that day is legislated into being, we have to work within the structure we have created regarding legal cultivation. There will always be a profit motive for commercial operations, but that does not forgive people who grow illegally and sell bulk cannabis out of state. These people are not Mom and Pop-- they are most often organized criminals with existing records. They keep firearms around, pollute the environment with illegal and toxic chemicals, create hazardous electrical setups that lead to fires, and generally endanger public safety in a way that personal growers never will. They are a menace to public safety in the same way as guerrilla growers who leave loaded shotgun traps just off public trails. If you want to hang with that bunch, you should expect to bring the fire...

Everything I grow that I don't smoke is given away to my friends or donated to various causes, mostly cancer patients and veterans advocacy organizations.

Dr.Boots

Dr.Boots

Plants don't recognize state lines,do yourself a favor and figure that out.The government has been trying by spending billions to stop it for years and you see the results of that right?You worked and fought for legalization?In 4 decades of growing I've never considered one grow legal because its not until it's decriminalized completely .Personally I think the greedy "legal" marijuana business community are the money grubbers not small scale farmers no matter where that bud goes.

I'm well aware of the truism; it's a convenient rationalization as well. I worked for legalization so old people ( or whoever) can smoke cannabis when they need it for medical reasons--- not so some frat boy can grow a hundred plants in a basement and sell them to whoever will buy it, all while operating under the auspices of a legal covering framwork.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Bravo man. Nicely put!!!

Dr.Boots

Dr.Boots

Illegal commercial grows are not having a positive impact on anything. I've listed some of the attendant issues: firearms and their use on the public, proliferation of criminal cartels, electrical fires, illegal pesticide use, pollution of natural lands and public parks...

Remember, these are people who could grow legally, but choose not to, because they want to make money. They don't care about cannabis activism, or your rights, or your safety-- they care about money.

I agree that in an ideal world we could all grow what we want-- I have been working towards that vision for three decades, much of it dedicated time in the activist community. What I cannot stand for is people doing this for pure profit motive-- because pursuit of pure profit in an illegal setting inevitably leads to the same factors I list above. A free grow nation would change that, but these illegal commercial growers don't want that-- because it will remove the profit motive, which is what they live on.

C

cccmints

Illegal commercial grows are not having a positive impact on anything. I've listed some of the attendant issues: firearms and their use on the public, proliferation of criminal cartels, electrical fires, illegal pesticide use, pollution of natural lands and public parks...

Remember, these are people who could grow legally, but choose not to, because they want to make money. They don't care about cannabis activism, or your rights, or your safety-- they care about money.

I agree that in an ideal world we could all grow what we want-- I have been working towards that vision for three decades, much of it dedicated time in the activist community. What I cannot stand for is people doing this for pure profit motive-- because pursuit of pure profit in an illegal setting inevitably leads to the same factors I list above. A free grow nation would change that, but these illegal commercial growers don't want that-- because it will remove the profit motive, which is what they live on.
Ok but you said fuck the people who ship out of state. So fuck me if I want to a make very small amount of money so that I can live where I want to live and meet my basic needs? We can't go to Colorado and grow high quality cannabis that people would want to buy because the market is monopolized by the facade you call legality. I can't comment on commercial operations...I've never been a part of one and don't plan to be. That situation comes with the territory of something with lots of earning potential regardless though. Even if it were legal across the board, there would be commercial operations making the same mistakes you've mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom