Is It True Gg4 Being Sued By Glue Company ??

• Thread starter NightsWatch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NightsWatch

NightsWatch

https://merryjane.com/news/gorilla-glue-lawsuit

According to The Cannabist, the Ohio-based Gorilla Glue Co. has filed a federal trademark infringement lawsuit against GG Strains, claiming that the legal weed purveyors are “unlawfully advertising and selling products and services under a confusingly similar name to Gorilla Glue's trademarks, in violation and dilution of Gorilla Glue's trademark rights.”

What started as an illicit drug named after the strain’s tendency to leave glue-like resin covering user's hands, has now become a legal product sold in state-approved stores across the country. And while the adhesive company has already offered to settle the claim out of court, with growers all over the nation planting GG Strains’ genetics and selling it under the Gorilla Glue moniker, the Nevada-based company is worried that caving on this lawsuit could spell trouble for weed businesses outside their purview.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

According to The Cannabist, the Ohio-based Gorilla Glue Co. has filed a federal trademark infringement lawsuit against GG Strains, claiming that the legal weed purveyors are “unlawfully advertising and selling products and services under a confusingly similar name to Gorilla Glue's trademarks, in violation and dilution of Gorilla Glue's trademark rights.”

What started as an illicit drug named after the strain’s tendency to leave glue-like resin covering user's hands, has now become a legal product sold in state-approved stores across the country. And while the adhesive company has already offered to settle the claim out of court, with growers all over the nation planting GG Strains’ genetics and selling it under the Gorilla Glue moniker, the Nevada-based company is worried that caving on this lawsuit could spell trouble for weed businesses outside their purview.
i find this actually funny,,gg4 was a accident strain,,and clone only at that

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Too much time on their hands. SMH!
one thing for sure,,with the name,they will stick to it like glue,hahahah,what ever happened to interprice,competion just isnt what it all cracked up to be,then again this would be great sells promotion

dre8791

dre8791

one thing for sure,,with the name,they will stick to it like glue,hahahah,what ever happened to interprice,competion just isnt what it all cracked up to be,then again this would be great sells promotion
You're right about that. Sounds like something I need to try some GG (not the glue). LoL!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

You're right about that. Sounds like something I need to try some GG (not the glue). LoL!
i never tried it,,the next best thing dont really do nothing for me,,hell if it stone me,im good,lmao,,alot of these next best things are a bit overated in my opinion,,main goal is happy thoughts and mild manner and no pain for me,,hell i smoked brick do the same thing and didnt pay 50 bucks for a clone,lmao

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Note that they call it GG now, not gorilla glue.
Except that it would be illegal since Gorilla Glue the company does business across state lines. Also, if they profit from pot sales or promotions tied to them, they could have liability.

That commerce clause is a bitch.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Note that they call it GG now, not gorilla glue.

Except that it would be illegal since Gorilla Glue the company does business across state lines. Also, if they profit from pot sales or promotions tied to them, they could have liability.

That commerce clause is a bitch.
thats my point,a step in the door threw sueing,,the american way right,look at bayer,they got there foot into everything and hide in plain site,especaily when it come to war,so the best thing to do in these times is just say bagwed,,ha then some one will sue over that,lmao

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

thats my point,a step in the door threw sueing,,the american way right,look at bayer,they got there foot into everything and hide in plain site,especaily when it come to war,so the best thing to do in these times is just say bagwed,,ha then some one will sue over that,lmao
Do your homework. The same reason that hydroponic stores aren't allowed to directly market to pot growers is the same reason that gorilla glue the company can't earn a profit from the proceeds of sales or promotions like the ones you are discusssing, which would tie gorilla glue the company to gorilla glue the marijuana strain of plant that is still illegal, federal one scheduled controlled substance. There is plenty of case law to cite if you'd like, but I think the more important argument with this is state's rights, not a national corporation looking to profit from pot.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

case in point,a buddy of mine ,took my strain and crossed with his,named it white gold,he does you tube vids,and low and behold,some joker comes on there and tells him they have a strain named white gold,but its a grapefruit cross,said they had it for a while so ,my bro got to looking into shit and that company had just opened up while he was making the vid series and detailing his methods of breeding,,go figure that right

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Do your homework. The same reason that hydroponic stores aren't allowed to directly market to pot growers is the same reason that gorilla glue the company can't earn a profit from the proceeds of sales or promotions like the ones you are discusssing, which would tie gorilla glue the company to gorilla glue the marijuana strain of plant that is still illegal, federal one scheduled controlled substance. There is plenty of case law to cite if you'd like, but I think the more important argument with this is state's rights, not a national corporation looking to profit from pot.
but cant you agree ,that with all the recoginition of all the states that are legal,that eventually it will be off the shedule one list from society wanting it off,eventually it will,,but think about this,,cases stay in the court system for years and years,,by that time maybe they have all the work done ,just waiting to step in,,big buss is big because of loop holes indeed,,coming up we grew in or back yards,,then nixon really enforced the law that everyone ignored in those times,,they had to find a scape goat for the boys coming back home from war,and protesting in the streets of the war,it was a distration form the real issue at hand,in the time,,before nixon,,the law would roll by your house while you slept in your front yard ,if you wasnt stirring shit they didnt bother you,,so ya i think a lot of these deep pockets are gonna find there way into the weed scene quicker than you think,lol

sun

sun

gg #4 is pretty good i buy it , but its not any better than bubba , purple cookies extera. i got the impression that if you dont say gg is the best that josie wales and his crew will beat you up.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

but cant you agree ,that with all the recoginition of all the states that are legal,that eventually it will be off the shedule one list from society wanting it off,eventually it will,,but think about this,,cases stay in the court system for years and years,,by that time maybe they have all the work done ,just waiting to step in,,big buss is big because of loop holes indeed,,coming up we grew in or back yards,,then nixon really enforced the law that everyone ignored in those times,,they had to find a scape goat for the boys coming back home from war,and protesting in the streets of the war,it was a distration form the real issue at hand,in the time,,before nixon,,the law would roll by your house while you slept in your front yard ,if you wasnt stirring shit they didnt bother you,,so ya i think a lot of these deep pockets are gonna find there way into the weed scene quicker than you think,lol
Unless and until you can show us that there is more money in legal weed than in keeping it illegal, then no, I can't agree with you. There are many more people who want to see this drug stay illegal than there will ever be who consume it or who aren't bothered by it.

I understand and agree with you, but this world isn't made of love and our government is not looking out for your interests.

I agree that companies are smart to invest in marijuana, but not in the way we are discussing. I think the tech industries will be more potentially impactful in a positive way than using the court system as you are saying. I don't think those who are pro-legalization are benefited in any way by those who scream from the hilltops to sue everyone. Our society is litigious enough as it is, we don't need any more incentive to file suit.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

gg #4 is pretty good i buy it , but its not any better than bubba , purple cookies extera. i got the impression that if you dont say gg is the best that josie wales and his crew will beat you up.
haahah right

Reactions: sun
sun

sun

dont get me wrong gg is good , its suposed to be great for growing (the next blue dream ) , but it doesnt hold a candle to ecsd for example .

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

dont get me wrong gg is good , its suposed to be great for growing (the next blue dream ) , but it doesnt hold a candle to ecsd for example .
think i got some blue dream outside,,mama hands ne 4 seeds ,i ask what they are ,she said weed,,haaha bitch,,so asked do you know what they are she said no,,so we going with bag seed lmao,,but one the bags she mentioned a friend sent me in a nursing bag for babies,haah had blue dream in one and incrediable bulk in other,,so dont know what i got going lmao

Reactions: sun
Top Bottom