Newbie Potash Question

• Thread starter Chicks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Chicks

I was told that I needed add Potash for my flowering plants so I ordered from easy peasy plants potash 0-0-60 but it has no feeding instructions. Being a newbie I don't know how much to feed my plants that are in 10 gallon pots. Do I add this stuff into their water or do I sprinkle it on the soil and if so how much. If anyone can help me I would sure appreciate it. Thanks in advance

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

I was told that I needed add Potash for my flowering plants so I ordered from easy peasy plants potash 0-0-60 but it has no feeding instructions. Being a newbie I don't know how much to feed my plants that are in 10 gallon pots. Do I add this stuff into their water or do I sprinkle it on the soil and if so how much. If anyone can help me I would sure appreciate it. Thanks in advance

There is really no instructions???

xenon730

xenon730

Link to what you bought but most likely you add it to water. You'll need a ppm pen to use that properly but you can do the math to get a rough estimate. A 1/4tsp./gallon should be around 170ppm off the top of my head. You'll want to use half that probably if you have any other potassium sources or are in coco. If that's your only source of potassium at all i would use 1/4tsp./gal after buds have set. If you're using any base nutrient though you shouldn't really need supplemental potassium. Give me more info about your grow for more help. Medium and nutrients are critical to advising on this. Cannabis thrives on about 100-300ppm potassium as your dilution, depending on how often you water. It is difficult to give too much potassium when using reasonable feeding but if you dump that powder on top you might just reach toxicity level.

C

Chicks

Thanks I have no other source of K but in my watering routine I use Bat Guano one for N 10-3-1 and one for P 0-7-0. I will stop using the 10-3-1 soon as I am not sure if this is needed perhaps I can use Super Thrive for the N because as I understand my girls don't need as much N now that they are starting to fill in and flower but leaves are yellowing. I am not over watering as I know that can cause yellowing also. I PH my water also. I hope this will give you an idea of what I have growing. Thanks In Advance

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Link to what you bought but most likely you add it to water. You'll need a ppm pen to use that properly but you can do the math to get a rough estimate. A 1/4tsp./gallon should be around 170ppm off the top of my head. You'll want to use half that probably if you have any other potassium sources or are in coco. If that's your only source of potassium at all i would use 1/4tsp./gal after buds have set. If you're using any base nutrient though you shouldn't really need supplemental potassium. Give me more info about your grow for more help. Medium and nutrients are critical to advising on this. Cannabis thrives on about 100-300ppm potassium as your dilution, depending on how often you water. It is difficult to give too much potassium when using reasonable feeding but if you dump that powder on top you might just reach toxicity level.
agree might be careful with that,,potent it is,,1/4 sounds about right,,and in the past mine was water slouble perinals and roses 1/8 cup per each new plant,,trees and shrubs 1/4 per 1 inch dia of tree,,vegtable garden 1-3 lbs per 100 sq ft,,you can get same results kelp humic blend,fish bone meal,glacial rock dust,oyster shell flour,,i use kelp,oyster shell flour,fish bone meal and azomite in combination,,let cook in the soil for 30 days or so,,but be careful with straight potash

Reactions: sun
C

Chicks

Thanks for the help I have a quick another question. I have been using a hydro ph up and down to ph my water. When I test with the drops the PH balance shows a nice light greenish yellow but I bought a meter and when I test the same water with the meter the PH reads 8.13 should I adjust to 7.5 with the meter instead of using the drops. Just not sure which method to trust.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thanks for the help I have a quick another question. I have been using a hydro ph up and down to ph my water. When I test with the drops the PH balance shows a nice light greenish yellow but I bought a meter and when I test the same water with the meter the PH reads 8.13 should I adjust to 7.5 with the meter instead of using the drops. Just not sure which method to trust.
always trust the drops,,if you can ,buy some 7.0 and 4.0 solution to check your pen,,they do get out of wack,,you also need to keep the pen in water or the solution i talk about,,ebay or amazon has it cheap,,but keep it in there ,you dont want the tip to dry out,,there are some home remidies,for same thing,i heard folk talk about,,like mountian dew for a 7.o but dont qoute me on that,,i trust the solutions,,get some that and bet your pen needs calibrated,with the swing you talk about,,if your in soil best ph to start with is 6.5,but soil buffers most tap water,im not that lucky my tap water is very alkaline,,so i catch my water from my ac condenser in a 55 gal barrel,,in my vegtable garden i dont have a choice but to use the alkaline water,and you can sure see the difrence,,so go with the trusty drops till you calibrate your pen

C

Chicks

always trust the drops,,if you can ,buy some 7.0 and 4.0 solution to check your pen,,they do get out of wack,,you also need to keep the pen in water or the solution i talk about,,ebay or amazon has it cheap,,but keep it in there ,you dont want the tip to dry out,,there are some home remidies,for same thing,i heard folk talk about,,like mountian dew for a 7.o but dont qoute me on that,,i trust the solutions,,get some that and bet your pen needs calibrated,with the swing you talk about,,if your in soil best ph to start with is 6.5,but soil buffers most tap water,im not that lucky my tap water is very alkaline,,so i catch my water from my ac condenser in a 55 gal barrel,,in my vegtable garden i dont have a choice but to use the alkaline water,and you can sure see the difrence,,so go with the trusty drops till you calibrate your pen
I tested some vinegar which should have tested at 2.5 and it tested at 6.13 so I know the calibration must be off. Thanks so much for the advise

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I tested some vinegar which should have tested at 2.5 and it tested at 6.13 so I know the calibration must be off. Thanks so much for the advise
kinda figured it was,,i have 3 pens and one of them is blue lab supose to be best,,shit,i trust the drops,,always have them for a backup,,glad to help anytime i can

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Did u recalibrate the PH meter before use???

C

Chicks

Yes those PH meters can be tricky it's probably off just looks or for signs of PH issues
I will try to calibrate it again. In the mean time I will use the drops I know when the color is yellowish the PH is correct I was just trying to make it a bit easier with the meter. Thanks for all the help and if I have another question I will come back and ask. Thanks everyone.

Dan789

Dan789

Welcome @Chicks to the farm.
I've found the ph pens convenient but having a need to be calibrated on occasion. As long as you double check them with the drops or, litmus paper, you'll be ok.

xenon730

xenon730

I find they slowly go out of range and take longer to find the ph over about 90 days. I use mine a lot daily and usually keep them wet in storage. Sitting in ro water usually. That's with blue labs, but i find the cheap ones are pretty much the same. This is also one of the benefits of using the same complete products and not switching all the time. I can tell if a meters off the first time its off because i always use the same stuff. Honestly using a good nutrient doesn't even require phing for top watering.

C

Chicks

I find they slowly go out of range and take longer to find the ph over about 90 days. I use mine a lot daily and usually keep them wet in storage. Sitting in ro water usually. That's with blue labs, but i find the cheap ones are pretty much the same. This is also one of the benefits of using the same complete products and not switching all the time. I can tell if a meters off the first time its off because i always use the same stuff. Honestly using a good nutrient doesn't even require phing for top watering.
Thanks for your response

Top Bottom