Hows The Weather In Your Neck O The Woods?? And What Are You Doing Today???

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sinner D

Sinner D

Rainin' outside for the mornin' here in Mid MI. I gotta water 17 ladies in their 10 gallon pots, flush a couple. After that, cut up a Forum Cut Cookies. Foliar feed the veg at the end of the day, maybe tomorrow morning. PeRpEtUaL mOtIoN. :joyful: I know one thing though. I gotta finish this doobie and get to it! :singing:

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
WORK WORK WORK>>>LOL>>>
Aint all that bad....
Another beautiful day in the high mountain desert...
Grind and mix feed done fresh daily, 100 lbs, feed , water, collect, milk goats, mow weeds, nap.....
A bit cooler, our veggie garden kicking ass, wife canned up 40 jars of pickles so far, will be saucing maters soon.....
Coffee and a Yeagar doobie to get started...
may just...

Dear

1816 House

1816 House

Nice 8 to 10 lb lake trout, they were near shore eating baby snapping turtles that had just hatched and were jumping into the lake.
Also found these wild grapes in the middle of the woods, probably a old homestead location since there were hickory trees nearby also.

20170817 124339
20170815 135713
20170815 135658
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice 8 to 10 lb lake trout, they were near shore eating baby snapping turtles that had just hatched and were jumping into the lake.
Also found these wild grapes in the middle of the woods, probably a old homestead location since there were hickory trees nearby also.
Think it moved
Like Costanza if ya know what I mean
Beautiful
Milking goats rocking toNeil and crazy horse
Love and only love
We need that now for sure

IMG 0845
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
OH OH OH!!!!
Last minute invite from Lance, 8 mile float in his Clackcraft 17 ft drift boat.
Met lance on river few years back. A professor at local univ.
He loves to get ripped on river and totally loosens up and we laugh laugh laugh..
He says he gets so baked he feels like putty..
His wife says I have made him a goofball....

SpiderK

SpiderK

Great fishing tip 4 everyone ....

When prepping for storage when fresh, put the fish strips in a baggy then fill it with water, then freeze.... it holds up 95% better when removing for cooking in the future. A guide in canada told my buddies and we fried up pounds of northern and walleye yesterday a year old, that tasted like it was three day old ....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Great fishing tip 4 everyone ....

When prepping for storage when fresh, put the fish strips in a baggy then fill it with water, then freeze.... it holds up 95% better when removing for cooking in the future. A guide in canada told my buddies and we fried up pounds of northern and walleye yesterday a year old, that tasted like it was three day old ....
Sounds great but we release all fish for another day. nothing wrong with kill and grill in places like Canada where one catches many fish like walleye and northerns awesome eaterin as you kno.
every fish on the river is my friend...
Too high to kill anyhoo...........scary...

Dan789

Dan789

Wrapping up a trip with the biggest Ash-hole in the west
Mount St Helen
Now on the I-5 south home. Hoping we don't hit any hyped solar eclipse traffic, as we must drive through the epi-center , Salem Or. so far it's wide open!!
View attachment 732008
You should've seen it when it erupted in 1980, still have some ash I scraped off the hood of my car somewhere, was living over in Kennewick then.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
OH OH OH!!!
Off I go!!!
444 am rise and shine way before 1st crow..
Will treat Polly who is recovering well, morning chores, coffee, dube, then...
Full day up at Kamp Howdy.....
Roasting chicken, mac and cheese, melon mater salad, gunna be another great day farmin, fishing and feasting with good friends...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
View from KampHowdy
IMG 0902
IMG 0903

2 pm front moved in winds from the south gusting to 25 mph
Fishing was insane till then once i matched the hatch, tiny underwater midges.l
IMG 0902
IMG 0903

A bit stiff today but once I get going no stopping..
The boat in pic has the top river guide with two clients. 40 plus years on the river...
I was fishing howdy hole east to the left in pic. hooking into fiah after fish. He complemented me on my casts and asked for the bug I was using....Felt good. After 15 years of fly fishing I feel I have arrived...
God how I love the river...Will be back with that guide later this week. Soak up his knowledge.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom