Input From Led Growers Wanted:

• Thread starter lbristol
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MW7945

MW7945

Yeah, growmau5 has a ton of videos on the subject.

Yield aside, the heat production and power draw are light years apart. It's expensive to power and cool bulbs

D

DiatomaceousE

Plus alot of these "3 pounds per 1000w" light dudes are actually using 1200w double endeds and using 50% more in a/c, so if you factor in all their power usage it goes down to closer to 2 per light, thats why i love the cold mointain air, free a/c, would hate to geow somewhere like LA.

D

DiatomaceousE

True but grow at 9000 ft and you would need to add heaters to get decent VPD...keeping it locked in at 80/70 is the real key to crushing yields without bud rot.

MW7945

MW7945

I just started growing but it's been a pretty mild summer. This winter will be sort of nice.

Aside from the humidity dropping down to next to nothing. Had a hard enough time keeping it above 50% this summer

D

DiatomaceousE

Yeah growth is amazing at 70% humidity heard even more crazy at 80%, i just was rocking 75/70 and it was going nuts but got hit with budrot for the first time in 15 years so now its at 50 until i get all the infected plants down in my perptetual room, got to be careful to keep the temps at 80, already pulled down a bunch early.

why its nice not to run perpetual and keep the humidity down once the buds stack on.

D

DiatomaceousE

But getting back to the subject some good options would be to add 3 cmh 315w and have two rows of lights like:

LED - CMH - LED
CMH - LED - CMH

This would give a nice blended spectrum all over, just make sure to keep the end rows spread out to make sure the corners get good light.

Or even cooler would be to add 2 600w hps airecooled would be a nice inexpensive option for a nice blended spectrum.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I read that PAR matters more than actual wattage. If that's the case it makes sense as the ViparSpectra models are rated with a PAR equivalent to their wattage equivalency and have been tested accurately. The 400w model is ~400 PAR. By all accounts the King Plus LEDs are nowhere near their rated capacity ... In fact I cannot even find data on it. Decided I'm sending all 3 back to amazon and purchasing four 600w ViparSpectra units with the PAR rated at ~600 each. This is with the light at 24". Should give me the equivalency of 75w/sqft in my 4x8 enclosure.

Thoughts?

I still think u may need more but that would be a step in the right direction.

Get the runnable series that run a lil extra $$

MW7945

MW7945

I know the Advanced Platinum series P450 would be a solid choice if budget allowed too

If there's one light on the market that's overpriced as fuk, it's those. For that money you can buy a solid cob light.

L

lbristol

MW7945, could you help me size a cxb3590 build for a 4x8 tent? I figure if I put five of them on a 10x24" heatsink im looking at 250w of power per light. If I hang a total of six of them width wise every couple feet or so I'm looking at 1500 total watts or 46.8w/sqft. If I hang eight I'm at 2000w or 62.5w/sqft. I'm more comfortable with the upper number.

But .... I'm looking at eight heat sinks, at 82 dollars a piece ... over $650 plus shipping. Fourty-five lights at $28 a piece and I'm at $1260 ... total of $1910 before the rest of the stuff...

Am I going overboard? What would you do in this space if you couldn't use HPS or MH due to heat concerns? Its important i have a high yield.

MW7945

MW7945

Don't use the 10x24 heat sinks. I'll look in a little bit, but a few of them are significantly cheaper than the rest.

MW7945

MW7945

The 4.850 ones are the best price. So just get those and run them longer

Using Vero29 will save you a significant amount of money as well. They're like 10-15 cheaper a chip.

CXB3590 have 160 lumen/w while Vero29 have 155 lumen/w. A lot of money extra for not a lot of extra output

MW7945

MW7945

Personally, I'd run 4 100w Vero29's on a 36" heatsink. and run either 4 or 5 of them in the tent. 4 of them puts you exactly at 50w per sq ft. 5 would put you at 62.5

I don't see a need to go over 50 sq/ft personally.

Would put you at 3.5lbs+

L

lbristol

Personally, I'd run 4 100w Vero29's on a 36" heatsink. and run either 4 or 5 of them in the tent. 4 of them puts you exactly at 50w per sq ft. 5 would put you at 62.5

I don't see a need to go over 50 sq/ft personally.

Would put you at 3.5lbs+
Is that passively cooled or will I need to add fans? How many fans per heat sink?

MW7945

MW7945

Most people will run it passively cooled, but you could add fans if you really wanted. As far as the drivers, that's where I'm not as much help.

I will say I'd definitely opt for a meanwell drivers for sure. And Wago connectors. Will make everything solderless.

I would think you'd want to run a HLG-320H series or something similar as far as the driver. Again, I'd double check that with someone that knows more than I do.

Again, his videos are long but growmau5 on youtube should have videos that can get you from start to finish

L

lbristol

Most people will run it passively cooled, but you could add fans if you really wanted. As far as the drivers, that's where I'm not as much help.

I will say I'd definitely opt for a meanwell drivers for sure. And Wago connectors. Will make everything solderless.

I would think you'd want to run a HLG-320H series or something similar as far as the driver. Again, I'd double check that with someone that knows more than I do.

Again, his videos are long but growmau5 on youtube should have videos that can get you from start to finish
Great. Thanks for all of your expertise. Last question: Can I mix two Vero29 x 3000k and 2 x 3500k on the same driver, granted they have the same exact specs otherwise?

Latest posts

Top Bottom