A Newbie With A Question About Dissolving Shatter In Olive Oil

• Thread starter BarbieB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BarbieB

BarbieB

Hi everybody,
My name is BarbieB and I am green as grass even though I live in Amsterdam ....

I have a question and I hope someone out there can help me.

An acquantaince of mijne has 5grams of shatter and wants to mix it with olive oil. He doesn't smoke and wants to dissolve the shatter after which he wants to add olive oil. His goal is to get stoned by taking a few drops each day.

My questions:
1. How do I dissolve the shatter?
2. How much olive oil do I add to 1gram of shatter?
3. At which temperature do I dissolve the shatter and when do I add the olive oil?

I hope someone out there can help me make this shatter-oil.

Big hug,
BarbieB

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Hi everybody,
My name is BarbieB and I am green as grass even though I live in Amsterdam ....

I have a question and I hope someone out there can help me.

An acquantaince of mijne has 5grams of shatter and wants to mix it with olive oil. He doesn't smoke and wants to dissolve the shatter after which he wants to add olive oil. His goal is to get stoned by taking a few drops each day.

My questions:
1. How do I dissolve the shatter?
2. How much olive oil do I add to 1gram of shatter?
3. At which temperature do I dissolve the shatter and when do I add the olive oil?

I hope someone out there can help me make this shatter-oil.

Big hug,
BarbieB
Shatter will have to be decarbd first or it wont have any psychoactive effect, theres a decarb chart in my first signature link, helpful charts and graphs at the very end of the thread.
Looks like 120°C for about 30 minutes will convert the max amount of thcA into usable by the human body THC. An oven or hot plate and infra red thermometer will work for decarb.

Reactions: Ina
BarbieB

BarbieB

Thanks for your quick reply ..... will check how to decarb.
How to proceed after decarbing?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Not sure because Ive never done it but Im sure someone here has and will chime in soon. I would think youd probably have to dissolve it in alcohol.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I do my dosing per 1ml. So if I use 1g of shatter in a batch if edibles, that 1g of shatter will net 12 potent edibles. So for your case, you can do how ever ml of olive oil you want to take for a dose. I like the 1ml rule. Easy match. So you would want 12ml of olive out per 1g shatter for 12 doses about 75mg a dose.

This is how I formulate my dosing for edibles with all my extracts.
.as far as making it.

Decarb in a tightly covered bowl with a thick shit glass with your shatter. Bake at 293*f for 9 mins. Remove heat, add desired amount of olive oil. Put a pot of water on stove, put metal bowl on top of pot (double broiler style), add water to metal bowl. Put shot glass with shatter and olive oil in bowl. Make sure shot glass doesn't tip with too much water in bowl.
Heat for 20 mins at 140* MAX. Stir, stir
Remove from heat and let cool.
Each 1ml of olive oil is 1x 75ml dose.

Last edited:
BarbieB

BarbieB

Thanks a lot for the instructions. Am going to make it tomorrow and will let you know the results plus add a pic.

Have a great day!
xoxo
Barb

I do my dosing per 1ml. So if I use 1g of shatter in a batch if edibles, that 1g of shatter will net 12 potent edibles. So for your case, you can do how ever ml of olive oil you want to take for a dose. I like the 1ml rule. Easy match. So you would want 12ml of olive out per 1g shatter for 12 doses about 75mg a dose.

This is how I formulate my dosing for edibles with all my extracts.
.as far as making it.

Decarb in a tightly covered bowl with a thick shit glass with your shatter. Bake at 293*f for 9 mins. Remove heat, add desired amount of olive oil. Put a pot of water on stove, put metal bowl on top of pot (double broiler style), add water to metal bowl. Put shot glass with shatter and olive oil in bowl. Make sure shot glass doesn't tip with too much water in bowl.
Heat for 20 mins at 140* MAX. Stir, stir
Remove from heat and let cool.
Each 1ml of olive oil is 1x 75ml dose.

Top Bottom