Climate Control - Tent / Small Area

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Hey all,

I have a veg tent and a CostCo DeLonghi portable heat pump. I light with a 4 foot T5 that Im adding LED bulbs to.

The tent is in a garage and temps swing on me.

The heat pump / AC has limited controls. It has a timer setting so I can set it to run the next day at lights off. But that said, its pretty unsophisticated and not something that will continue that cycle. Also it probably won't turn on if I attach an external timer to it.

What do other people do in tents? I need both heating and cooling, although the LED T5 bulbs just arrived at my store and should run 25% less power therefore BTUs.

Still have to heat during light cycle and climate control is the bane of my exiatence .... Thoughts?

MW7945

MW7945

You need to add heat during light, but need ac during lights out?

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Other way around bro. Need to cool during lights on and heat when lights are off.

Im seeing 20°F swings and its rainy here so total mildew threat.

Analog small portable room heater on a timer maybe for dark?

MW7945

MW7945

Other way around bro. Need to cool during lights on and heat when lights are off.

Im seeing 20°F swings and its rainy here so total mildew threat.

Analog small portable room heater on a timer maybe for dark?

Do you have any type of exhaust fan moving the air in the tent?

I'd personally get a digital ceramic heather. They're cheap and you can set them to a temp.

Freshone

Freshone

Maybe change your light cycle?Run lights on at coldest time when you need heat and lights off at warmest.I wouldn't personally put a heater in a tent but in the room the tents intaking air from works.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Grab a green house controller

ability.to controll a.c., heat, co2, deheuy all.from.1. It can only handle 15 amps. There's way around that safely. I do it

Enforcer

Enforcer

I'm in a 3'x3'x6' tent. I have an intake and exhaust fan on speed controllers, plugged into a thermostat set at 74*. When the tent temp gets above 75*, fans come on at about 30% speed. Temp drops below 72*, fans turn off. Works perfectly, costs about $30 for the thermostat. I got the 2 inline hurricane fans and 2 controllers off Craigslist for $70. I'm in the garage and I run my lights at night.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Really get a controller. If funds allow.

If not get a properly sized small desk heater that you can just run in the garage on a mechanical timer to bring the temp up 8-10 deg. Only have it run when you need it.

If it's outside the tent on cement u shouldn't have to worry at all. Than get a good exhaust duct fan for the tent. Id guess u would want 250/300 cfm.

Once u put a good carbon filter obit will cut flow by 20/25% unless u buy a $$ hi flow filter.

Basically what enforce does, u do a much climate control as u can without a actual controller.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Great recommendations! My apologies for miscommunication. I do lights on when its coldest and lights out during the heat of the day.

I definitely need a controller. Any links to your preferred units? I have a bunch of hyperfans and speed dials for them as well as a new small ceramic space heater I just bought.

Any recommended controllers? No co2 in there...

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Blueprint bdac2

autopilot same.exact copy as bliepront but 75 cheaper

these 2 are master green house controller

Co2/fuzzy logic, a.c., humidity, heat,

Enforcer

Enforcer

Great recommendations! My apologies for miscommunication. I do lights on when its coldest and lights out during the heat of the day.

I definitely need a controller. Any links to your preferred units? I have a bunch of hyperfans and speed dials for them as well as a new small ceramic space heater I just bought.

Any recommended controllers? No co2 in there...

You can go the all in one controller route, or something like this just to run your fans. An all in one will be more expensive up front, but you will more than likely end up needing all the functions eventually anyway so... This is almost exactly like what I’m using.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E7NYY...t=&hvlocphy=9032968&hvtargid=pla-334512574474

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Outstanding advice, all!

This is and will remain a veg tent so I'm not ready for a co2 controller. Yet.

I ordered a simple 2 stage (hot and cold) controller from Amazon. Digital. Looks super simple. Very well reviewed. Way easy. Here in 48hrs. Fingers crossed!

I want a 74° lockdown. I despise PM and am battling it the most preventive way possible now I believe ...

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Thank you all for your help. I got the temp control unit put in, cleaned the veg tent, took out the big overpowered crappy DeLonghi a.c./heat pump, put in the new small analog heater, replaced the T5 bulbs with LED T5 bulbs and added a Lights of Americe 4', 40watt LED unit I got on a whim at a local store. I watched the temp controller fire up the heater multiple times.
I set the veg tent for 74°F with +/- 4° before the Hyperfan exhausts for cooling or the small analog space heater gets turned on.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

With the T5 off but LED grow light on.
20171030 150813

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

I'm never growing in a space without something like this in place ever again.

Agreed also. I've enjoyed seeing (and feeling) the heater come on when I've been working in the tent.

Also moving my big "portable" DeLonghi a.c./heat pump to the flower room and testing it overnight was a success. Its thermostat isn't accurate enough for the small veg tent space but it worked wonderfully on the large bloom room!

Top Bottom