Could It Be Light Burn?

• Thread starter Grow4me
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grow4me

Grow4me

I grow autos, everything was great until September when I added another hps600. I upgraded the fan, added more plants and thought I was doing great. Then, the yellow leaves started. These pictures are three different plants at different ages all with the same problem. It starts in week 5 and slowly takes over. I use happy frog soil and ionic grow and bloom. I add calmag and maintain proper ph. What the hell is going on? Any help would be appreciated.
Could it be light burn
Could it be light burn 2
Could it be light burn 3
Could it be light burn 4

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

with autos week 5 is in flowering. They need more phosphorus and less nitrogen and Potassium.

what medium are they growing in?

how strong are you feeding them? you may have nute burn. autos are small plants and need less nutes. "Growing Autoflowers" by Justin Griswell recommends feeding them 1/4 the strength you would feed photo period plants.

hope you solve the problem.

I grow autos, everything was great until September when I added another hps600. I upgraded the fan, added more plants and thought I was doing great. Then, the yellow leaves started. These pictures are three different plants at different ages all with the same problem. It starts in week 5 and slowly takes over. I use happy frog soil and ionic grow and bloom. I add calmag and maintain proper ph. What the hell is going on? Any help would be appreciated. View attachment 751923 View attachment 751924 View attachment 751925 View attachment 751926

Grow4me

Grow4me

with autos week 5 is in flowering. They need more phosphorus and less nitrogen and Potassium.

what medium are they growing in?

how strong are you feeding them? you may have nute burn. autos are small plants and need less nutes. "Growing Autoflowers" by Justin Griswell recommends feeding them 1/4 the strength you would feed photo period plants.

hope you solve the problem.
I grow in soil, happy frog. I water, water, feed. Had worked well for two years. Thank you for the feedback.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

have you checked closely for pests.

larvae in the soil, aphids, mites
etc.

Two good ways to catch the bugs eating your ladies are

sticky traps hung on the plant

run packing tape around the pot rim with about half the width of the tape open to tge air and catch them after they leave the soil.

I have heard that some places (one in California and a few other olaces) where the stem at surface level starts turning to mush and goes up the stem. they DONT know what causes this but assume it is a bacteria that eats the fibers. or some unknown tiny larvae.

I grow in soil, happy frog. I water, water, feed. Had worked well for two years. Thank you for the feedback.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

have you checked closely for pests.

larvae in the soil, aphids, mites
etc.

Two good ways to catch the bugs eating your ladies are

sticky traps hung on the plant

run packing tape around the pot rim with about half the width of the tape open to tge air and catch them after they leave the soil.

I have heard that some places (one in California and a few other olaces) where the stem at surface level starts turning to mush and goes up the stem. they DONT know what causes this but assume it is a bacteria that eats the fibers. or some unknown tiny larvae.
You can also put a slice of potatoe on top of your medium, ad they will migrate to em.
Good way to recognize em....2 pipes coming out thier ass, wings are usually much longer than the bodies.
They are a BITCH to rid w/out using an imid

Dunge

Dunge

All the fans are getting sucked dry.
I'd top dress with a bit of guano and castings and ride it out.
Might be that the added light bumped up nutrient demand?
I'd remove the dead and dying, and check the stem for mold at the base of those dead fans in the bud.
Good luck.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

very good tip! good to know thanks!

You can also put a slice of potatoe on top of your medium, ad they will migrate to em.
Good way to recognize em....2 pipes coming out thier ass, wings are usually much longer than the bodies.
They are a BITCH to rid w/out using an imid

Latest posts

Top Bottom